|Company||Prometheus Global Media|
|Circulation|| 17 000 magazines weekly |
15 million unique visitors a month [ 1 ]
Billboard (stylized as billboard ) is an American weekly magazineand a list specialized in information about the music industry . It is also one of the oldest trade magazines in the world. It maintains several internationally recognized music charts in which the most popular songs and albums are found, classified in various categories. The most famous chart , " Billboard Hot 100 ", ranks the top 100 songs regardless of the musical genre to which they belong, based on physical, digital, streaming and radio sales. The " Billboard 200 " is a list of the 200 best-selling music albums in the United States.
Founded in 1894, it originally reported on circus events , carnival celebrations , fairs, festivals and amusement parks, but the musical theme was expanded to such an extent that, in the 1950s , the other themes were separated and published in an independent magazine. [ 3 ]
On January 4, 1936, Billboard published the first music ranking and on July 20, 1940 published its first music popularity chart ("Music Popularity Chart" in English). Since 1958 the " Hot 100 " list has been published , combining sales of singles and their rotation on radio stations. Billboard publishes more than 100 charts each week, the most popular being the Hot 100 (for songs), Billboard 200 (for albums), and Social 50 (for artists).
- Billboard in Spanish
- Category: Billboard Music Charts
- Addendum: Artists Who Peaked at Number One on the Billboard Hot 100
- "Billboard Media Kit 2016" . Billboard (in English) . Retrieved February 24, 2017 .
- "History of Billboard, the pioneering magazine of the music industry in the world" . Tentologist (in English) . Retrieved February 24, 2017 .
- "Billboard: An octogenarian 'hit parade'" . La Vanguardia (in English) . Retrieved February 24, 2017 .