A studio album is a musical album consisting of a selection of songs recorded in a recording studio . [ 1 ] The difference between a studio album and a compilation album (which also usually contains studio songs), is that the studio album includes new songs recorded by the artist, while the compilation, precisely compiles material published with previously and already known. They usually do not contain live recordings or remixes , and if they do they usually appear as bonus tracks , and make up a small part of the album. [ 2 ]
- Musical Album
- Compilation album (or compiled)
- Live album
- tribute album
- video album
- Original Soundtrack (OST)
- Compilation box
- Philip Newell (2013). Recording Studio Design. Taylor & Francis. pp. 169-170.
- What are the differences between a Single, an EP and an Album? Archived 2018-02-26 at the Wayback Machine . Thump.vice. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- Definition of "album" Definition.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.