Nonsense Editions - Ediciones Sinsentido
Ediciones Sinsentido (also spelled Ediciones Sins Entido ) [ 1 ] is a publishing house and bookstore specialized in Spanish comics , located in Madrid and founded by Jesús Moreno in 1999 . [ 2 ] It mainly publishes graphic novels , both by national authors ( Ángel de la Calle , Ricard Castells , Sergio García , Sonia Pulido ), and foreigners ( Zeina Abirached , David B , Sascha Hommer ,Aude Picault , Seth , Lewis Trondheim ), at a rate of about 10-15 new releases a year. At its headquarters in the Chueca neighborhood (6, Válgame Dios street), conferences, exhibitions, signatures and presentations are organized. [ 3 ]
Ediciones Sinsentido was founded in 1999 by Jesús Moreno, an architect by profession , but who had been linked to comics since the 1980s. [ 4 ] It intended to create a space for communication between authors and readers, in the manner of the bookstores of his youth. [ 3 ] That same year he released, within his Sinlímite collection, the albums Poco by Ricard Castells , Relations by Federico del Barrio and Exilios by Isidro Ferrer and Grassa Toro .
Starting in 2002, and in collaboration with Injuve , he edited the first four issues of Tos magazine , followed by Astiberri . He also launched the collection Without Words , made up of theoretical books, and outside of it, the Spanish Atlas encyclopedia of popular culture. From the cartoon and its use, 1873-2000 by Jesús Cuadrado and Anatomy of a cartoon by Sergio García . Cuadrado also coordinated the collective works "Plagio de encantes" (2001), "El corazón de las tinieblas" (2002). Tapa Roja (2004) and Lanza en astillero (2005), composed -all- of adaptations.
In 2006, he took over the co-edition of the latest issues of the magazine " Nosotros Somos Los Muertos ".
In early 2008, he organized the exhibition Sin nosotras , with originals by the Spanish Lola Lorente and Sonia Pulido and the French Rachel Deville and Catel Muller . [ 5 ] [ 6 ] also it took place the first edition of the International Graphic Novel Prize Fnac-Sins ense .
In 2010 he received the Prize for the best specialized bookstore at the Barcelona International Comic Fair . He also managed to get the rights to Asterios Polyp , the last work by David Mazzucchelli . [ 3 ]
Fnac-Sins International Graphic Novel Award entido
Between 2008 and 2013, in collaboration with Fnac , Ediciones Sinsentido awarded an award for the best graphic novel:
- Fueye , by Jorge González (2008);
- The station of the arrows , by Guillaume Trouillard and Samuel Stento (2009);
- Painter! , by Esteban Hernández (2010);
- The wild girl , by Mireia Pérez (2011);
- Wednesday , by Juan Berrio (2012).
- A novice doctor , by Sento (2013). [ 7 ]
- «Archived copy» . Archived from the original on May 13, 2011 . Retrieved June 3, 2011 .
- Cuadrado (2000), p. 1171.
- González, Lucia (06/12/2010). The 'revival' of the comic bookstores of the 80s , El Mundo .
- Cuadrado (2000), p. 878.
- Fernández, Rebeca (03/26/2008). Public . ,
- Sánchez Braun, Andrés (03/06/2008). Heroines of the French comic , El País .
- Europa Press (01/10/2013). 'A novice doctor', by the Valencian Sento Llobell, wins the VI Fnac-Sins Entido Graphic Novel Award .
- Square, Jesus (2000). Spanish Atlas of Popular Culture: From the comic strip and its use 1873-2000 , Madrid: Ediciones Sinsentido / Fundación Germán Sánchez Ruipérez . 2 v. ISBN 84-89384-23-1 .