Fleeing storms live at the Dance Ritual Festival 2014 in Bexbach
|origin||Stuttgart , Germany|
|Genre(s)||Dark Wave , Depro-Punk|
|founding||1983 (emerged from Chaos Z )|
|Thomas Löhr († 1995)|
Drums, Atari (human keyboard)
|Andreas Münch († 2018  )|
|Stefan Kniehl († 2011  )|
Fleeing Stürme are a German depro punk / dark wave band that emerged from the Stuttgart punk band Chaos Z in the mid- 1980s . This name change took place because the band wrote new pieces in a different style, but for Chaos Z “there was now a clear expectation from labels and audience. We personally found it sometimes quite disappointing when groups whose first album we loved presented themselves in a completely new sound on the follow-up records. " 
Until 1995 the band consisted of the brothers Andreas and Thomas Löhr, both of whom were still there from Chaos-Z days, and, depending on requirements, some guest musicians from other punk and wave bands. After Thomas Löhr's death a few days after the recording of the album Fallen 1995, his brother Andreas continued Fliehende Stürme as a solo project and in the same year released the album 45 years without probation under the old name Chaos Z. 
In 1998 Andreas Münch from Substance of Dream joined Fliehende Stürme as a live drummer and was an integral part of the band until December 2008. He was also responsible for the live implementation of the keyboards. Despite touring together and the split CD, Körper ohne Namen (2006), there are still two separate bands. In spring 2009 Jens Halbauer took over the drums for him.
Between 2000 and 2010, Stefan Kniehl was bassist. In September 2010 it was announced that Kniehl is leaving the band and that his position will be filled by Uwe Hubatschek. One year later, in November 2011, Stefan Kniehl died. 
After the album Himmel stands still , Andreas Löhr left Germany and has lived mainly in Portugal since then, where the album Licht vereht was recorded in 2005 . The albums Körper ohne Namen and Lunaire plays with light were recorded and premixed by Andreas Münch in his de-profundis studio.
The own label Shivering Jemmy has existed since 2008, on which the live CD Zimmer 12 , the CD / LP The Animals Silence (2009) and Warten auf Raketen (2011) have appeared.
Fleeing Storms continued the tradition of the hard, uncompromising punk style of Chaos Z, influenced by Discharge , but also used electronic elements such as drum computers (after Michael Ortner's departure) and synthesizers and was considered a crossover from German hardcore punk (after that Definition) and classic dark wave. The influence of groups such as Joy Division , Killing Joke , Xmal Germany , Bauhaus and Abwärts was repeatedly mentioned by the group.
- 1988: On the Shores (album, LP , Storm Records; CD, Skull Records / AM Music) Re-release in 1997 with three bonus songs.
- 1989: Zerstörung (EP, 7"-Vinyl, Storm Records)
- 1991: Priesthill (Album, LP, Storm Records; CD, Skull Records / A.M. Music) Wiederveröffentlichung 2000.
- 1992: Kaleidoskop (Single, 7-Vinyl, Storm Records)
- 1995: Fallen (Album, CD, Snake Records / A.M. Music; LP, Matatu Records)
- 1999: Behind Masken (album, LP, Suppenkazpers Noize Imperium; CD, Sturmhöhe)
- 2001: Heaven stands still (album, CD / LP, Sturmhöhe)
- 2005: Light passes (CD, Sturmhöhe; LP, major label )
- 2006: Body without a name ( Split- EP with Substance of Dream , CD, Sturmhöhe, 12 "vinyl, major label)
- 2008: Lunaire plays with the light (album, CD, Nix Gut Records; LP, major label)
- 2009: Zimmer 12 - LIVE (concert album, CD, Shivering Jemmy)
- 2009: The Animals Are Silent (album, CD, Shivering Jemmy; LP, major label)
- 2011: Waiting for rockets (album, CD, Alice In ... / Dark Dimensions; LP, major label)
- 2014: aimless ways (compilation, LP, major label)
- 2016: Das Chaos Brütet (Compilation, MC , Last Exit Music)
- 2016: Graue Schatten - Live At Maschinenfest 2k15 (concert album, MC, Raubbau )
- 2019: Nine Lives (album, CD, major label)
Contributions to compilations (selection):
- 1990: Streets and Quixots on Neues Deutschland (CD / LP, Skull Records / AM Music)
- 2000: Aimless Paths and Hollowed Out on Machine Trauma (CD, Sturmhöhe)
- 2019: Unprotected rooms on Smiling Shadows - 20 years Major Label (2x7 "vinyl, Major Label)