The Flintbeker Church is a church in the municipality of Flintbek in the district of Rendsburg-Eckernförde in Schleswig-Holstein and its oldest building. It is located in the center of the village in the churchyard on a hill sloping to the north-west.
The church is a single-nave hall church built in the late Gothic style with a square tower . It was built mainly from brick , has a saddle roof covered with roof tiles and a square tower covered with wood. The tower roof is covered with shingles and immediately changes from the square floor plan of the tower to an octagonal floor plan.
The construction of the church goes back to a permit granted by Count Albrecht von Orlamünde in 1223 . When it was actually built is unclear. The existence of a chapel is documented for the year 1238.  In its current form dates back to the building of the church from the 14th century and was rebuilt several times. 
The church probably received the tower at a later time. The current tower was built in 1615 instead of a dilapidated predecessor. 
The altar is a three-part late Gothic carved altar, which was probably made around 1450 by an unknown master. It consists of a crucifix in the middle, to the right and left of the cross there are five figures of saints each. In reading direction these are St. Ambrose (?), Anna selbdritt , St. Augustine , unknown crowned female figure, Maria , Johannes , Maria Magdalena , St. George , St. Hieronymus and St. Mauritius .
In the late 18th century, the altar was reworked (and painted), which efforts were made to reverse at the beginning of the 20th century. Even before the late Baroque makeover, three of the 11 figures seem to have been replaced: Anna selbdritt and Saints George and Maritius. These figures stand out due to their distinct stylistic differences (e.g. size, proportions, three-quarters round instead of flat, etc.). What led to the makeover and which figures replaced the new ones is unknown. The current arrangement of figures is unique in Schleswig-Holstein.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the parish had separated from the (still reworked) age and left it to the Flensburg Museum of Applied Arts. In 1938 after the restoration she bought it back.
In front of the altar on the ceiling in the central aisle there is a late Gothic triumphal cross . It was probably carved from oak by an unknown hand at the beginning of the 16th century. The arms have been renewed in earlier times. The cross itself (as well as the renewal of some smaller damaged areas) are more recent.
The bronze baptismal font is a work from 1515 by Reymer Jappe from Kiel . It is a simple basin supported by three identical figures depicting a reading Franciscan monk. The Middle Low German inscription shows that the basin was donated by the Kiel citizens Hans Stake and Johann Wulff. 
In its original state, the baptismal font was suitable for completely submerging a child during baptism. When it became customary to wet only the forehead of the person to be baptized with water, a holder for a baptismal bowl was incorporated into the opening of the basin, which is sufficient for the current execution of a baptism.
The organ was built by the Danish organ builder Marcussen & Søn in 1845.  In 1972 it was rebuilt using the old pipes by the Tolle and Neuthor company from Preetz (see Marcussen & Søn # list of works (selection) ).
It has 24 stops on two manuals and a pedal. The game and stop action is electronic. The registrations of the manuals and the pedal can be combined with each other. The wind turbine is electric.
It is unusual that the console is attached to the side so that the organist always has good eye contact with the chancel with his back to the church wall.
The church is used by the Evangelical Lutheran parish of Flintbek for services.
The 800 to 1000 year old Flintbeck yew is located on the site next to the church .  Next to the tower of the church are two cast iron bells from 1921, on the side wing there are two tombstones. Church with furnishings, churchyard, tombs up to 1870 and the stone wall of the granite embankment are under monument protection.
List according to the table in the chancel of the church:
- Heinr. Wollehant (1375–?)
- Joh. Stryck (1512–?)
- Paul Coronaeus (1588–~1599)
- Nicolaus Gritzner (? - 1615)
- Martinus Coronaeus (1615–1665)
- Hinrich Grewe (1665–1695)
- Christian Pauli (1695–1698)
- Georg Hinrich Brunckhorst (1698–1707)
- Martin Jac. Owmann (1707–1710)
- Cai Johann Schwenck (1710–1751)
- Joh. Friedlieb Fitzmann (1751–1789)
- August Poppe (1789–1796)
- Andreas Albrecht (1797-1811)
- Andreas Meyer (1811–1832)
- Joh. Heinrich Forchhammer 1833–1856
- Hinr. Nicolai Schultz (1857–1878)
- Peter Friedrich Langreen (1879–1915)
- Heinrich Tams (1915–1937)
- Max Ehmsen (1937–1959)
- Paul-Gerh. Hoerschelmann (1960–1966)
- Theodor Vierck (1966–1976) 
- Horst Kebe (1976–1979)
- Gesa Kratzmann (1980–1983)
- Wolf-Dietmar Szepan (1970–1987)
- Christa Loose-Stolten (1984–1987)
- Babette Glöckner (1988-1993)
- Christoph Tretow (1993–2014)
- Manfred Schade (since 1987)
- Simone Sommer (since 2014)
- Frauke Hildebrandt: Flintbek, Groß Flintbek-Voorde-Kleinflintbek . With a contribution by Dr. Gustav Busch, Flintbek 1988, p. 133.
- Church - parish Flintbek
- Frauke Hildebrandt: Flintbek, Groß Flintbek-Voorde-Kleinflintbek . With a contribution by Dr. Gustav Busch, Flintbek 1988, p. 140.
- Uwe Albrecht: “Soli Deo Gloria” - The art treasures of the Flintbeck Church. In: Manfred Schade (Hrsg.): Festschrift - 777 years of Flintbek Church. Flintbek 2000, pp. 41-55.
- Gallery - Flintbek parish .
- The 1000-year-old yew tree in Flintbek ( Memento of the original from January 28, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Father of Hayo Vierck and Enno Vierck