Florence Cutro - Florencia Cutro
Florencia Cutro and her sister Nadia racing in the 2012 Entre Ríos Rally.
June 8, 1987 |
Concordia, Entre Ríos
|First race||Urdinarrain Rally 2005|
|First win||Urdinarrain Rally 2007|
|Years||2005 - 2009|
|Victorias||4 [ Note 1 ]|
|Titles||2 (Categories N3 and A7)|
|Argentine Rally Championship|
|Vehicle||Fiat Palio Junior|
Florence Cutro ( 8 of June of 1987 , Concordia , Entre Rios ) is a navigator of rallies Argentina , participant in the Argentine Championship Rally . It is the second of four sisters [ 1 ] and navigator of her older sister, [ 3 ] Nadia . [ 4 ] Cutro is Business Administration and Technical Administrative Secretary in Business Administration. [ 3 ]Along with her sister Nadia has had a share in the rallies that has been described as a prominent [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] in a sport considered male domain [ 8 ] [ 9 ] [ 1 ] and in which their performance has allowed them to earn the respect and recognition of their peers and opponents. [ 10 ] [ 1 ]
Florencia Cutro is the daughter of a retired rally driver, Oscar Cutro, [ 9 ] who was champion of the Entre Ríos regional championship, the Rally Entrerriano , five times. [ 3 ] Cutro considers him as his greatest reference and support within his sports career. [ 2 ] [ 9 ]
Unlike her sister Nadia, who was first navigator and then pilot, [ 11 ] [ 3 ] Florence was only navigator; [ 1 ] [ 11 ] He began his career in rallies as navigator sister Nadia in 2005, once came of age, since before you were not allowed to compete. [ 11 ] [ 3 ]
Florencia had the support of her family from the beginning of her sports career; [ 3 ] [ 1 ] However, along with her sister had to prove he could be a good competitor to be imposed on such sexist prejudices with which they are frequently found. [ 12 ] [ 1 ] However, Florence took the situation with some grace, because for her "run and beat the men is a great satisfaction. The funny thing about them is that they compete with their wives, sisters, and their daughters are our fans. " [ 1 ]
Additionally, the good results achieved since her sporting beginnings earned her the respect of the rest of the competitors [ 1 ] and when she reached the highest category of the Argentine Rally within the Tango Rally Team, she and her sister "made them feel like queens of the world. rally from day one ". [ 10 ]
Cutro's first participation in rallies was in the Entrerriano Rally championship in 2005. She participated in four events at the end of the season and the results obtained encouraged her to continue participating in the specialty. [ 11 ] Her first race was the Urdinarrain Rally, [ 2 ] in the Entre Ríos region, [ 3 ] aboard a Volkswagen Gol owned by a friend of her father, who would give the car to her now. his sister a year later. The car, however, was not a competition car, but a street car, since his father wanted his learning to be from the most basic concepts. [ 9 ]
In the 2007 season, already aboard a car prepared for competitions, [ 3 ] she achieved her first victory in rallies by winning the Urdinarrain Rally [ 1 ] and was runner-up navigator in the N2 category. [ 13 ] The following year, she participated in the N3 category of the same championship, where she was the sailing champion and general runner-up of the championship. [ 3 ] [ 14 ]
With the retirement of her father at the end of the season, Florencia and her sister inherited their racing car. [ 9 ] [ 3 ] The following season, in 2009, Cutro was sailing champion in its category (this time the N7, the nature of the legacy car) again. [ 15 ]
In 2010, after talks held between the president of the Entre Ríos Rally, Abraham Gilitchensky, [ 16 ] and Marcos Ligato , Cutro began his participation in the Argentine Rally with the Tango Rally Team within the N4L category. [ 17 ] The first test he took part in the new championship was the Traslasierra Rally, in Mina Clavero , where he finished in sixth position in his category. [ 18 ] The first three tests in which he participated were aboard a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII and in the remaining seven he did so with the IX version of the same model,[ 11 ] to accumulate a total of ten disputed tests, in nine of which he managed to score. In the San Luis Rally he obtained his best result, fourth overall. [ 19 ]
That same year, she and her sister were observed by the Commission on Women and Sport Motor FIA , whose president [ 22 ] and the Coordinator of the Italian chapter [ 22 ] Michèle Mouton and Fabrizia Pons , respectively contacted directly to congratulate them on the results obtained. [ 19 ] Because of this follow-up, the Cutro sisters' team was nominated for the Pirelli Star Driver squad . [ 19 ]
Cutro's participation in the Argentine Rally in 2011 was initially with the same Tango Rally Team; however, at the end of the season she was signed by Scuderia Fiat (the official Fiat team in the championship) to participate in the maximum category of the Argentine Rally, the Maxi Rally , aboard a Fiat Punto MR . [ 23 ] The General Madariaga Rally represented Cutro's debut in the new category. [ 24 ]
The 2012 season was one of learning and accumulation of experience for Cutro and his sister, by decision of their team, [ 25 ] due to the novelty that the Maxi Rally car represented for them. [ 26 ] [ 27 ]
During that season's San Luis Rally, Cutro suffered a racing accident that left a minor trauma to one shoulder. However, the car in which he was participating was rendered useless, [ 28 ] so his participation in the Goya Rally, the test following that of San Luis, was in the same Fiat Punto as the previous tests, since his team lacked time to finalize the preparation of a new Fiat Palio due to the closeness of dates between the two tests. [ 29 ]
In Concepción del Uruguay he returned to participate in a Palio MR, [ 30 ] although he had to abandon it due to a mechanical failure.´ [ 31 ] Ultimately, that would be the closing of the season for Cutro, since he could not attend the last date of the championship in Córdoba. [ 32 ]
In the 2013 season, Cutro will participate in class 9 in the new "Junior" category of the championship thanks and a scholarship granted by the championship organizers, [ 33 ] since he had to leave the Scudería Fiat because it will not have the official support of the factory. [ 26 ] His debut in the category along with the rest of the bacados is scheduled for the third date of the championship. [ 34 ]
- Until the first test of the 2008 season [ 1 ]
- ElArranqueDigital.com.mar (April 4, 2008). "Nadia and Florencia Cutro inherited their passion for iron from their father and they shine in the Entre Rally." . Archived from the original on September 28, 2013 . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- RallyArgentino.com. "Argentine Rally - Drivers - Nadia Cutro" . Archived from the original on December 22, 2010 . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- HermanasCutro.com. "Trajectory" . Archived from the original on May 6, 2013 . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- Optitech. "FIAT Hermanas Cutro Team Rally" . Archived from the original on September 21, 2013 . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- Delfina Frers (July 3, 2010). «The Girls who stand out in the World of Rally» . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- «Rally: 95 pairs for the Entre Ríos Rally» . El Argentino newspaper . September 4, 2012 . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- Pablo Machi (June 23, 2010). "Nadia Cutro: The Interview" (in English) . Retrieved April 6, 2013 .
- Ailén / THEY at the wheel! (2010, February 27). "Two sisters from Entre Ríos form a binomial to run the Argentine rally." . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- Friends by Rally (10 November 2009). «Meeting friends ... Florencia and Nadia Cutro» . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- Mariela Cecilia Delay / Motor racing. «Strong women, rally women: the Cutro» . Retrieved April 6, 2013 .
- Carlos Saavedra / VisionAuto.com.ar (March 14, 2011). «Nadia and Florencia Cutro, the rally girls» . Archived from the original on March 5, 2016 . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- Nadia Cutro - Group N4 Light . (Interview). Argentina: Calle de Boxes. 2010. Scene at 1:32 / 2:18 . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- RallyEntrerriano.com. "Championships 2007" . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- RallyEntrerriano.com. "Championships 2008" . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- RallyEntrerriano.com. "Championships 2009" . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- RallyEntrerriano.com (March 1, 2013). "The Riacho Itapé rally was presented . " Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- TangoRallyTeam.com (February 8, 2010). "Schroeder tells how the Tango Rally Team is preparing for 2010" . Archived from the original on March 4, 2016 . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- SportMotor.com.ar (February 28, 2010). «Argentine Rally Championship 2010 - Mina Clavero -" Tribute to Jorge Recalde " » . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- eWRC-Results.com. «30. Rally Argentina 2010 - Final results - All » (in English) . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- eWRC-Results.com. «30. Rally Argentina 2010 - Final results - N4L » (in English) . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- FIA.com. "Women in Motorsport Commission" (in English) . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- ScuderiaFiat.com.ar (November 23, 2011). "Juan Contreras runs for the National in Gral. Madariaga" . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- Mario Arámburo / Pasión Nuerca Digital (June 11, 2012). "Tenth position for the Cutro sisters in the Catamarca Rally, fourth round of the Argentine Championship of the specialty . " Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- MaxiRallyWorld.com (October 31, 2012). "Nadia and Flor Cutro in a season with ups and downs at the wheel of the Fiat Palio MR" . Archived from the original on July 8, 2013 . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- RallyReportWRC.com (June 9, 2012). "Nadia Cutro, the girl who grows with her talent at FIAT" . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- «The Cutro sisters had a spectacular turnaround at the San Luis rally» . One Between Rivers . July 2, 2012. Archived from the original on August 9, 2012 . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- «Hermanas Cutro: A« Punto »for Goya» . The Herald of Concord . July 19, 2012. Archived from the original on September 27, 2013 . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- «Nadia and Florencia go with Gabriel Pozzo's car» . The Herald of Concord . November 4, 2012. Archived from the original on September 27, 2013 . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- Pasión Nuerca Digital (September 13, 2012). "Despite the abandonment of the Cutro sisters in Concepción del Uruguay, the race was very positive . " Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- HermanasCutro.com (November 17, 2012). "The season is closed, without their presence . " Archived from the original on November 27, 2015 . Retrieved April 9, 2013 .
- RallyReportWRC.com (March 31, 2013). «Nadia cutro hopes to have a good year in Junior» . Retrieved April 8, 2013 .
- Cutro sisters - Site web officer
- Las Hermanas Cutro - Official profile on Facebook
- Flor CutRo - Official profile on Twitter
- Hermanas Cutro - Official profile of the Cutro team on Twitter
- Rally Plaza Huincul 2010 - Video with the Cutro sisters during various moments of the event - Accessed on April 11, 2013