In a colloquium at the Francisco de Vitoria University in 2015
May 7, 1956 |
|Doctoral supervisor||Javier Tusell|
|Member of||Strategic Studies Group|
Florentino Portero Rodríguez ( Madrid , May 7, 1956) is a historian and analyst of Spanish international relations.
Born on May 7, 1956 in Madrid, [ 1 ] his undergraduate thesis dealt with Francisco Silvela , to whom he has subsequently devoted several articles. [ 2 ] His doctoral thesis, directed by Javier Tusell , revolved around the Spanish response to the international isolation that occurred during the Franco regime. [ 3 ] For Florentino Portero, the Franco regime led to a break with the previous diplomatic tradition. [ 4 ] He co-edited with Tusell Antonio Cánovas and the political system of the Restoration (1998). [ 5 ]Founding member of the Strategic Studies Group (GEES) -of which was general secretary until 2009- [ 6 ] think tank akin to positions neoconservative , [ 7 ] collaborated in the collective work do you think the Spanish neocons . [ 8 ] He is also a professor of contemporary history at the National Distance Education University . [ 9 ]
- Elizari , Rubén (October 15, 2015). «'As soon as Podemos has come to power, the voters have been scared'» . Navarra Newspaper . Archived from the original on January 9, 2017.
- Fernández Fernández-Cuesta , Juan Manuel (2013). «Information at the service of foreign policy. The creation of the diplomatic information office, Franco's response to international isolation (1945-1950) ». International Journal of Communication History (Seville: Association of Communication Historians) 1 (1): 132-154. ISSN 2255-5129 .
- Gómez Ochoa , Fidel (2009). «Francisco Silvela in contemporary historiography. The impact of the centenary of his death and Luis Arranz's introductory study to Political Writings and Discourses ” . History and Politics (Madrid: Complutense University of Madrid , Center for Political and Constitutional Studies and National University of Distance Education ) (22): 261-278. ISSN 1575-0361 .
- Lachmann , Niels (2009). "Neoconservative presence in Spain: the end of an influence?" . International critic (París: Presses de Sciences Po) (43): 133-150. ISBN 9782724631579 . ISSN 1290-7839 .
- López-Blanco , Rogelio (May 3, 2007). «What do the Spanish neocons think. Strategic study group. Foreword by Javier Rupérez. Citadel. Madrid, 2007. 271 pages. 21 euros » . The Cultural .
- Moreno , Rosalina (March 28, 2014). "'He had a lot of wrong policies'" . The Gazette .
- Neila Hernandez , José Luis (2003). "Hispano-America in the overseas imaginary of Franco's foreign policy" . Tzintzun, Journal of Historical Studies ( Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolás de Hidalgo ) (37). ISSN 1870-719X . Archived from the original on January 10, 2017 . Retrieved January 9, 2017 .
- Pasamar Alzuria , Gonzalo ; Peiró Martín , Ignacio (2002). Akal Dictionary of Contemporary Spanish Historians . Tres Cantos: Akal Editions . pp. 587-588. ISBN 84-460-1489-0 .
- Pastor , Manuel (2013). "The Strauss administration (2003-2009): North American neoconservatism and anti-neocon paranoia". In: Benjamín García Sanz, Julio Iglesias de Ussel, Jesús Martínez Paricio, Benjamín Oltra, Miguel S. Valles Martínez (Coords.). On the Spanish society and other societies: book homage to Amando de Miguel (Madrid: Centro de Investigaciones Sociológicas ): 513-524. ISBN 978-84-7476-612-7 .
- Serra , Juan Pablo (2012). "Neoconservatism and geopolitics: an autochthonous case". Journal of Political Studies (Madrid: Center for Political and Constitutional Studies ) (155): 277-289. ISSN 0048-7694 .