Florian Flicker - Florian Flicker
Flicker's work began in experimental film and expanded cinema . His first feature film followed in 1993 with Halbe Welt . In addition, he worked as a documentary filmmaker and at the theater, wrote a radio play and taught at the Vienna Film Academy , among others . His best-known work is the film Der Überfall (2000) with Josef Hader and Roland Düringer in the leading roles. His last film was released in 2012 with Grenzgänger , a film adaptation of Karl Schönherr's Der Weibsteufel , set in the March-Auen . 
Flicker died of cancer in 2014 at the age of 49. He had already planned two further projects, a comedic and a political film. 
- 1986–1997: Super 8 short films and various expanded cinema productions with the Pension Export group .
- 1993: Half World , 83 min., Cinema, science fiction, direction, book (co-author: Michael Sturminger).
- 1996: Attwenger film, 80 min., Documentary film about the band Attwenger , co-director (with Wolfgang Murnberger and Bernhard Weirather ).
- 1998: Suzie Washington , 87 min., Cinema, road movie, director, book (co-author: Michael Sturminger ).
- 2000: Der Überfall (Hold Up) , 84 min., Tragic comedy, director, book (co-author: Susanne Freund ).
- 2006: No Name City , 86 min., Documentary film, director, book.
- 2012: Grenzgänger , 87 min., Feature film, director, book.
- 2008: The Strudlhofstiege, episode 8 (direction & text), Schauspielhaus Wien .
- 2008: July (director, text: Iwan Wyrypajew ), Schauspielhaus Wien.
- 2011: Dolphins. Radio play (author, with Wolfgang Stahl; director: Alexander Schuhmacher), NDR .
- Suzie Washington. Script and notes on the film . Verlag Bibliothek der Provinz, Weitra 1999, ISBN 3-85252-322-2 .
- The raid. Script and interviews . Verlag Bibliothek der Provinz, Weitra 2000, ISBN 3-85252-380-X .
- Brandt & Flicker: Premiere Tanzpalast tour ARGE Nonntal 1988 (audio CD, with Markus Brandt). Publishing house library of the province , Weitra 2018, ISBN 978-3-99028-756-9 .
for his work:
- 1998: Austrian Award for Film Art
- 2002: Culture Prize of the Province of Upper Austria
- 2014: Austrian Art Prize for Film
for his films:
- Half the world
- 1994: Special Jury Prize for the best debut film at the Fantastica Film Festival in Géradmer (Jury: Terry Gilliam , Walter Hill , Dario Argento , Jerry Schatzberg )
- 1994: Favorite of the Action and Adventure Film Festival of Valenciennes
- 1994: 2nd prize at the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania Film Festival in Schwerin
- 1994: Nominations for the Austrian film award Goldener Kader: script, set
- Suzie Washington
- The raid
- 2000: Large Diagonale Prize for the best Austrian film
- 2001: Prize of the Saarland Prime Minister of the Max Ophüls Film Festival in Saarbrücken
- 2001: Lady Harimaguada de Plata (2. Preis, Kategorie „Bester Spielfilm“) of the International Film Festival of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- 1995: Script award from the city of Salzburg
- Frontier workers
- 2012: CICAE Art Cinema Award, Film Festival Sarajevo
- 2013: Austrian Film Award in the "Best Screenplay" category
- Florian Flicker - close-ups. With contributions by Arno Aschauer, Markus Brandt, Mercedes Echerer , Stephan Eibel , Sabine Groschup , Andrea Grussmann-Schmalzl, Josef Hader , Andi Haller, Peter Klinger, Annemarie Komosny, Hubsi Kramar , Karl Markovics , Jerzy Palacz, Michael Pekler, Goran Rebić , Thomas Renoldner , Michael Sturminger , Ralph Wieser , Michael Wimmer and August Zirner . Provincial Library , Weitra o. J. (2018), ISBN 978-3-99028-668-5 .
- Literature by and about Florian Flicker in the catalog of the German National Library
- Florian Flicker in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Publishing house library of the province: Florian Flicker
- Filmmaker Florian Flicker has passed away. Article in Der Standard of August 24, 2014, accessed August 24, 2014.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Austrian filmmaker|
|DATE OF BIRTH||21. August 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Salzburg , Austria|
|DATE OF DEATH||23. August 2014|
|Place of death||Vienna , Austria|