Grotz studied political science , Slavic studies and philosophy at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg from 1992 to 1997 . 1999 took place at the Philosophical-Historical Faculty there with Dieter Nohlen and Klaus von Beyme with a dissertation on political institutions and post-socialist party systems in East Central Europe. Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia compared his doctorate ( summa cum laude ). At the Free University of Berlin in 2007 he also worked with Joachim Jens Hesse and Klaus von BeymeHabilitation on the subject of Europeanization and national state organization. Institutional politics in federal and unitary EU states in comparison .
After a private lectureship in Berlin, a visiting professorship in Moscow and the representation of chairs in Würzburg and Lüneburg, Grotz became Professor for the Political System of the Federal Republic of Germany at the Center for Democracy Research at Leuphana University Lüneburg in 2011 . In the following year he was also visiting professor at the Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz . In 2013 he finally became a professor of political science, especially comparative government , at the Helmut Schmidt University in Hamburg .
His main research interests include domestic politics , political institutions and political systems in international comparison. Grotz is a member of the German Association for Political Science , the German Society for Eastern European Studies and the German Society for Political Science . In addition, he works as a reviewer for scientific journals and institutions.
Together with Dieter Nohlen, he is the editor of the Small Lexicon of Politics , the sixth edition of which appeared in 2015.
- Political institutions and post-socialist party systems in East Central Europe. Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia in comparison , Leske & Budrich, Opladen 2000, ISBN 3-8100-2746-4
- with Dieter Nohlen and Christof Hartmann : Elections in Asia and the Pacific. A data handbook , OUP, Oxford 2001, ISBN 978-0-1992-4959-6
- with Joachim J. Hesse : professionalize Europe. Competence organization and institutional reform within the framework of the European Union , Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2005, ISBN 3-428-11950-9
- Europeanization and national state organization. Institutional politics in federal and unitary EU states , Nomos, Baden-Baden 2007, ISBN 978-3-8329-2608-3
- as Hrsg. mit Theo AJ Toonen: Crossing borders. Constitutional development and internationalization. Essays in honor of Joachim Jens Hesse , de Gruyter Recht, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-89949-479-2
- mit Silvia Bolgherini: Angela Merkel's Germany , il Mulino, Bologna 2011, ISBN 978-8-81513-853-8
- as ed. with Ferdinand Müller-Rommel : Government systems in Central and Eastern Europe. The new EU states in comparison , VS Springer, Wiesbaden 2011, ISBN 978-3-531-16586-8
- with Joachim Behnke and Christof Hartmann : Elections and election systems, Oldenbourg, Berlin 2015, ISBN 978-3-486-71738-9
- Literature by and about Florian Grotz in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Florian Grotz in the German Digital Library
- Search for Florian Grotz in the SPK digital portal of the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation
- Professor Florian Grotz at the Helmut Schmidt University in Hamburg
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German political scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ulm|