Florian Lindemann - Florian Lindemann
The youngest son of the publicist Helmut Lindemann and Cornelie Lindemann, b. Volkmann, attended the Odenwald School (OSO) between 1969 and 1971 . In Frankfurt he was a co-founder of Karl Napps Chaos Theater . He was committed to children's rights and child protection and during the time of the red-green city government (1989–1995) in Frankfurt was chairman of the municipal “child care committee”. For a time he was managing director of the "Linden Foundation for Pre-School Education" established in 1972. 
In his book Die Sinti aus dem Ummenwinkel (1991), Lindemann describes the redevelopment of a social hotspot starting from preschool children. The special feature of the project is that private sponsors including the Lindenstiftung, the Child Protection Association, the parish together with the city of Ravensburg, especially the social welfare office and the schools, and with extensive involvement of those affected, have succeeded in decades of exclusion processes on the part of the majority population and demarcation from To break up sides of the minority. The book also describes the exclusion of residents who died in 1945 from concentration campsreturned and were pushed to a marginal place where they lived in barracks. The content of the book is also the documentation of the local persecution in the gypsy forced camp in Ravensburg during the time of National Socialism. Lindemann describes the Ummenwinkel project as a successful attempt at normalization. 
From 1989 to 1996 he was a board member of the Frankfurter Kinderschutzbund and became its district manager in 2003.
When Jörg Schindler reported in the Frankfurter Rundschau in November 1999 about the sexual assaults of teachers, especially Gerold Beckers , at the Odenwald School, which had become known at the time, Lindemann, as a spokesman for old school students, criticized the tendency of journalistic reporting in an unpublished letter to the editor.  In 2010, this behavior led to public criticism of his function in the Child Protection Association  and ultimately to his dismissal as managing director in order to prevent damage to the “brand image” of the Child Protection Association, according to the deputy chairman of the Frankfurt Child Protection Association, Ludwig Salgo. On the other hand, there was nothing wrong with Lindemann's work for the child protection association.  Compared to the news magazine Der Spiegel , Lindemann explained to his letter to the editor from 1999 that he had "not grasped the true extent of the catastrophe". At that time, "the focus was on self-protection, with the result: the victims were forgotten, the perpetrators were spared." 
Lindemann died on August 7, 2011 in Frankfurt am Main. The obituaries posted for him refer to a large number of political and educational associations and institutions that mourned him.  "He was involved in numerous youth and youth social work associations, in game room initiatives, childcare facilities and family centers, in the school development association and school parents' council," wrote the Amadeu Antonio Foundation in its obituary.  Lindemann died of a heart attack while jogging. 
- The Sinti from Ummenwinkel. A social hotspot is recovering. Beltz, Weinheim 1991, ISBN 3407621329
- (Ed.) For children! The Lindenstiftung's program for pre-school education. FIPP-Verlag, Berlin 1994 ISBN 3-924830-42-8 .
- (Ed.) Models against frustration. Encouraging approaches of a different child day care. FIPP-Verlag, Berlin 1996, ISBN 3-924830-47-9 .
- “School must taste good!” Encouraging experiences of young Roma in the German education system. Beltz, Weinheim 2005, ISBN 978-3-407-32062-9 .
- Obituary in the Lindauer Zeitung 13./14. August 2011
- Obituary in the Frankfurter Rundschau August 10, 2011, p. D6
- Literature by and about Florian Lindemann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Obituaries at Frankfurter Neue Presse (search function)
- Video speech by Florian Lindemann, 3 months before his death https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocYvii9dOPI
- Lindenstiftung website
- The project continued for the period described in the book and had lasting effects. Interview with the jazz singer Dotschy Reinhardt , a former resident (2008).
- quotations from the letter to the editor were only published by the FR in 2010. See: Peter Hanack: Kinderschutzbund dismisses managing director , FR, April 16, 2010.
- Matthias Meisner: Excitement in the Child Protection Association Die Zeit from April 14, 2010
- Peter Hanack: Kinderschutzbund dismisses managing director , FR, April 16, 2010.
- Matthias Bartsch, Gunther Latsch, Markus Verbeet and Klaus Wiegrefe: VERBRECHEN: Familienbande . In: Der Spiegel . No. 13 , 2010 ( online - March 29, 2010 ).
- Archive link ( Memento from January 21, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) (August 13, 2011)
- We mourn for Florian Lindemann ( Memento from July 21, 2012 in the web archive archive.today )
- Christoph Schreiner: Something like truth is only ever available in several versions . Saarbruecker Zeitung. January 23, 2017. Retrieved April 17, 2019.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German educator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 8, 1953|
|DATE OF DEATH||7. August 2011|
|Place of death||Frankfurt am Main|