After graduating from secondary school in Gauting , he did his military service in Kempten and Starnberg. Ritter is a data processing merchant and has worked for several years as a product and marketing manager for various IT companies. He started his own business in 1997 and is now the managing director of his own advertising agency. He is married for the second time and has three children.
In 1979, Ritter joined the Socialist Youth of Germany, which was oriented towards social democracy - Die Falken , and four years later became chairman of the district of southern Bavaria. In 1982 he joined the SPD and the trade union and from 1985 took on various functions in the Munich SPD. In 1999, when Munich was elected mayor, he led the internet campaign for Christian Ude . In the federal elections in 2002 he was campaign manager for the federal constituency 222 - Munich center / west . In this constituency, the candidate Stephanie Jung was the only one in Bavaria to win votes for the SPD. In 2003 Florian Ritter ran for the Bavarian State Parliament inDistrict 106 - Munich West . He finally moved into the state parliament via the district list after he had missed the direct mandate despite the smallest losses in Bavaria after Franz Maget and Hildegard Kronawitter . Also in 2008 , 2013 and 2018  he made it into the state parliament via the district list. There, Ritter is a member of the Committee on State Budget and Financial Matters and a member of the Data Protection Commission.
Ritter is a member of the VVN-BdA . In June 2015 he initiated a declaration calling for the protection of the constitution to lift the observation of the VVN-BdA Bavaria,  since Bavaria is the only state in which the organization is still mentioned in the constitution protection report.  He sees it as a "policy of exclusion". 
He is a member of the Committee on Constitutional, Legal and Parliamentary Issues and the Committee on Local Issues and Internal Security . In addition, he is a deputy member of the data protection commission . Ritter places one focus of his state parliament work on securing civil rights and data protection . He is one of the staunch opponents of the changes to the Bavarian Police Task Act in 2005 and is one of the plaintiffs against this law before the Federal Constitutional Court .
In 2007 Florian Ritter became the representative of his parliamentary group and the Bavarian SPD for the referendum for Bavaria - No to the Transrapid . He headed the coordination office for the approval process. 38,125 signatures were collected within three weeks for the approval of the referendum. The Bavarian Constitutional Court ruled on April 4, 2008 that the referendum was "without exception inadmissible". 
In 2016, Ritter filed a lawsuit against the new federal regulations on data retention . He opposes the law that was passed in the Bundestag by the CDU / CSU and his own SPD party and came into force on December 18, 2015. 
He is deputy chairman of the Hans-Weinberger-Akademie , chairman of the SPD district of Upper Bavaria and a member of the SPD state executive committee.
- Biography. Bavarian State Parliament.
- Website by Florian Ritter
- Florian Ritter at the SPD parliamentary group
- List of elected representatives 2018. State Returning Officer, accessed on April 17, 2019 .
- Florian Ritter: For the deletion of the association of those persecuted by the Nazi regime - Bund der Antifaschisten (VVN-BDA) from the Bavarian Constitutional Protection Report , SPD Upper Bavaria, June 30, 2015
- Website of the declaration (archive link); Report of the LfV Bayern for 2015 ( Memento of the original from April 29, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , P. 191.
- Solidarity with the VVN-BdA. In: own homepage of the deputy knight for this purpose. Archived from the original on April 2, 2016 ; accessed on April 17, 2019 .
- Constitutional court decision on the referendum ( Memento from September 30, 2008 in the Internet Archive )
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 8, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|