Florian Schleburg - Florian Schleburg
Florian Schleburg researches and teaches in the area of the historical language levels of Old English and Middle English . His textbooks Textbook of Old English and The Chaucer's Language , which he wrote together with Wolfgang Obst, are used in many university seminars on Old and Middle English. Florian Schleburg has been chairman of the Karl May Society since 2019 .
Schleburg published the novel Glibber bis Gräzist ISBN 978-3-943048-37-7 in 2011 under the pseudonym "Siegfried Frieseke" . The book is very colorful in style and has a strong intertextual base and tells of the meeting of three dissimilar school friends 15 years after graduating from high school and saying goodbye to their youth. In its three-part structure, it is based on Dante's Divina Commedia ; further recognizable influences are Karl May and Arno Schmidt .
Scientific publications (selection)
- with Wolfgang Obst: The language of Chaucer. A textbook of Middle English based on "Troilus and Criseyde". Second edition. Winter, Heidelberg 2010; ISBN 978-3-8253-5699-6
- Old English swa. Syntax and semantics of a polyfunctional particle. Winter, Heidelberg 2002; ISBN 3-8253-1432-4 (zugl .: Augsburg, Univ., Dissertation, 2002)
- with Wolfgang Obst: Textbook of Old English. Winter, Heidelberg 2004; ISBN 3-8253-1594-0
- as arrangement and ed. with Ruprecht Gammler: Karl Mays Werke. Dept. 3, Stories for the Young. Vol. 6. The Oil Prince. Narrative. Karl May Verlag, Bamberg 2009; ISBN 978-3-7802-2049-3
- as arrangement and ed. with Karl-Eugen Spreng and Joachim Biermann: Karl Mays Werke. Section 4, Travel Tales. Vol. 1. Through the desert. Travel narration. Karl-May-Verlag, Bamberg 2016; ISBN 978-3-7802-2051-6
- Songs from King Alfred's Consolation Book: The staff rhymes of the old English Boethius translation . Translated, edited and given a metric name by Wolfgang Obst and Florian Schleburg. Heidelberg: University Press C. Winter, 1998. ISBN 3-8253-0761-1
- A very famous pleasure! Linguistic knowledge and linguistics with Karl May . In: Yearbook of the Karl May Society 2005 , ed. by Claus Roxin , Helmut Schmiedt , Hartmut Vollmer, Reinhold Wolff and Hans Wollschläger . Husum: Hansa-Verlag, 2005, pp. 249-92.
- The connoisseur knows ... by no means ... that goes without saying ... Linguistic strategies of world and self-manipulation in old May. In: Yearbook of the Karl May Society 2013 , ed. by Claus Roxin, Florian Schleburg, Helmut Schmiedt, Hartmut Vollmer and Johannes Zeilinger. Husum: Hansa-Verlag, 2013, pp. 153–97.
- Literature by and about Florian Schleburg in the catalog of the German National Library
- Employee page on www.uni-regensburg.de
- Website for the novel GLIBBER to GRÄZIST
- Video clip of a reading from GLIBBER to GRÄZIST
- Entry in the Karl May Wiki
|ALTERNATIVNAMEN||Frieseke, Siegfried (Pseudonym)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German English and linguist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Augsburg|