|Birth name||Florin Ioan Opritescu|
September 21, 1979 |
Timisoara , Romania
|Known for||"Mar de Plástico", "Villaviciosa de al lado", "Plan de Fuga", Leaving Hotel Romantic", "El cuaderno de Sara"|
|Years active||2012 - active|
Florin Opritescu (born Florin Ioan Opritescu ; Timisoara , Romania , September 21, 1979) is a Romanian actor known for various supporting roles in several Spanish cinema films and especially for playing Vlad Dragici in the second season of the series Spanish Mar de Plástico , broadcast on Antena 3 and Netflix .
Son of Floricunta Opritescu and Ioan Opritescu, Florin Opritescu was born on September 21, 1979 in Timisoara, Romania. He studied at the Colegiul Banatean school and at the Liceul Sportiv Banatul high school.
From a very young age, Florin already showed slight artistic concerns, so his mother decided to take him to take the admission test to the musical school "Flores", directed by Giovani Matasaru, when Florin was only 6 years old. After a great test, Florin entered the school where he trained for 5 years, learned to sing and play the guitar and, there, he fell in love with art. He discovered that there was a whole world beyond it and that his life would be happy if he managed to revolve it around the world of performing art. However, Florin was a restless child who wanted to know and be involved in everything around him and, like any child his age, he became interested in sport.
When he was 9 years old and with the help of his father, he entered the Sarbianca Giuchici football school , after passing the test for access. Shortly after, he was alternating football training with Badminton classes and kick boxing sessions. He enjoyed his passion for sports for a few years until an injury during a soccer game, in which the meniscus was torn, forced him to withdraw at just 15 years old.
From then on he decided to focus on his studies and tried his luck at university. He was admitted to two universities so he did not hesitate. He studied economics at the Polytechnic University of Timisoara and, at the same time, he trained as a customs agent at the University of Vamesi, a private university also in his city, Timisoara.
At the age of 21, entered the year 2000, Florin left his studies and emigrated to Spain to try to make his concerns prosper since he did not feel fulfilled. He began working as a cook at the Eterna restaurant, where he worked for 5 years and where he met Rosi, a Brazilian woman who was also looking for her place in Barcelona and who would soon become his wife and mother of his children: Luca Florin (2003 ) and Luana Marie (2008). Together with Rosi, he opened his own restaurant specializing in Romanian, Brazilian and Catalan food, which they would abandon a year later for moving away from the objectives they had set at the beginning.
Following in the footsteps of his father, who was one of the construction engineers who carried out the construction work of the Poporului / Palatul Parlamentului house , in Bucharest, among many others, Florin also worked in construction, painting and building with plasterboard during 5 years. Yet Florin knew that this was all far from his true dream. Dream that every time saw more clearly. He still remembered those early years of his life when he entered the art world and began to yearn. So, at the age of 30, he decided to dedicate himself to his true passion: cinema.
Florin began his career in the seventh art, doing small jobs as a helper. After 6 months, he realized that it was not enough for him. He had finally found his true concern in acting and decided to train so that he could stop being an extra and be able to dedicate himself to acting in front of the cameras with a little more responsibility.
Florin, who had the support of his mother, his wife and children from the beginning, decided to fully immerse himself in his new purpose and began to cast. This is how he met the Irish-born casting director Luci Lenox , who saw something in Florin and did not hesitate to support him and teach him everything necessary to start acting at a professional level.
Florin joined Frank Stein Studio , Lenox's studio. There he began to train as an actor in a professional way, he took courses of all kinds and in different languages and Lenox, took care that they were taught by great professionals from the world of cinema such as Nancy Bishop , Mel Churcher , Paul Weber , David Victori , Steve Daly and Enric Folch among others. He learned many tricks that, at the same time, he could put into practice through the different shootings, short films and projects that he was getting at Frank Stein Studioand also outside of it. Thus, by doing a number of small shoots, always combined with acting courses, he has found his place to make the leap to the big screen. Even today he continues to take courses since he himself affirms that it is never too late to learn, you just have to be willing to do so.
|"Leaving Hotel Romantic"||2013||Bikash Rai, Omar Vasquez, Joan Álvarez||Eduard|
|" Two a la carte "||2014||Robert Bellsolà||Mr Balanescu|
|" Villaviciosa next door "||2016||Nacho G. Velilla||Constantin|
|"Escape plan"||2017||Iñaki Dorronsoro||Damir|
|" Sara's notebook "||2017||Norberto López Amado||Before|
|" The Exile "||2017||Nacho Ruíperez||Leandro|
|" UNDER ZERO "||2019||Luis Quílez||Mihai Lungu|
|"SUPERAGENTE MAKEY"||2019||Alfonso Sanchez||Kolya|
|"Café Milonga"||2013||Jo Ann Arpin|
|"Bad Beat"||2016||Oriol Montoliu|
|"Hiperion"||2017||Ruben Jimenez Sanz|
|"THE CONVERSATION"||2017||Adam Ethan Crow|
Florín Opritescu played Vlad Dragici, a cruel gangster from the former Yugoslavia willing to do anything for money, in the second season of the Spanish series Mar de Plástico . The series, created by Juan Carlos Cueto, Alberto Manzano, Rocío Martínez Llano and Pablo Tébar, was broadcast by Antena 3 during 2015 and 2016 and available on demand on the Netflix portal .
Also, under the orders of Mar Olid , he participated in the series produced by La Competencia and called Ella es tu Padre , in which he played the character of Arsenio. He currently plays a dangerous thief named Petrovic in Season 2 of Serve and Protect.
- 2019 Superagente Makey Dir. Alfonso Sánchez. Character: Kolya. Producer: Atresmedia Cine, Álamo Producciones Audiovisuales, Movistar +
- 2019 LOW ZERO Dir. Lluís Quílez. Character: Mihai Lungu. Producer: Morena Films.
- 2017 EL DESENTIERRO Dir. Nacho Ruipérez. Character: Leandro. Production Company: El Desentierro AIE
- 2017 THE NOTEBOOK OF SARA Dir. Norberto López Amado. Character: Henry. Production Company: Tele 5 Cinema / Ikiru Films.
- 2016 VILLAVICIOSA NEXT DOOR Dir. Nacho G. Velilla. Character: Constantin. Production Company: Apart Films.
- 2016 ESCAPE PLAN Dir. Iñaki Dorronsoro. Character: Damir. Production Company: Atresmedia Cine y La Zona.
- 2014 BORN Dir. Claudio Zulian. Character: Miquel. (ACTEON).
- 2014 TWO A LA CARTE Dir. Robert Bellsola. Character: Mr. Balancescu. Producer: AiguaFilms.
- 2013 LEAVING HOTEL ROMANTIC Dir. Omar Vásquez. Character: Eduard. Production Company: Afilm Internacional.
- 2019 THE UNIT Movistar +, Character: William. Producer: Movistar +, Vaca Films.
- 2019 CARONTE Amazon Prime, Valeri Character. Producer: Mediaset España, Big Bang Media.
- 2019 YOU CANNOT HIDE Telemundo & Netflix, Character: Maxim. Producer: Telemundo International Studios, Isla Audiovisual.
- 2018 SNATCH , Sony Crackle ,Personaje: Santiago .Productora : Helen Flint ,Alex De Rakoff,Rupert Grint.
- 2018 SERVE AND PROTECT TVE. Character: Petrovic. Production Company: Plano a Plano.
- 2017 SHE IS YOUR FATHER Tele 5 Dir. Mar Olid. Character: Arsenio. Production Company: La Competencia Producciones / Tele 5.
- 2016 SEA OF PLASTIC (second season) A3 Character: Vlad. Production Company: Atresmedia / Antena3.
- 2019 EMILIA, Dir Cristina Guillen, Character Thomas.
- 2018 OPHELIA ,Dir Marc Ortiz ,Personaje Ophelia 5.
- 2018 THE CONVERSATION ,Dir Adam Ethan Crow ,Personaje Mr Duran .
- 2017 72% Dir. Luís Quilez. Character: Brave man.
- 2017 EMILIA Dir. Cristina Guillen. Character: Thomas.
- 2017 HIPERION Dir. Rubén Jimenéz Sanz. Character: Luca.
- 2016 BAD BEAT Dir. Oriol Montoliu. Character: Ray.
- 2013 LEILA + MORRIS Dir. Giovanni Smeet. Character: Morris. Production Company: Afilm Internacional.
- 2014 NO RETURN Dir. Irene Tudela. Main character.
- 2013 CAFE MILONGA Dir. JoAnn Aspin. Main character.