Florshain - Florshain
City of Schwalmstadt
|Height :||258 m ü. NHN|
|Area :||3,91 km²|
|Residents :||384 (Dec. 31, 2018) |
|Population density :||98 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||December 31, 1970|
|Postal code :||34613|
|Area code :||06691|
The place, which emerged from a high medieval clearing settlement , lies in a valley basin and is surrounded from west to south-east by a swinging field ridge. Florshain can be reached via county road 101 from Mengsberg to Treysa .
Florshain was first mentioned in 1549 when the Lords of Gilsa sold the place to a Reinhard Rink. The village is probably much older: on the one hand, it is only mentioned when it was sold, on the other hand, the church dates back to 1520 or earlier.
As part of the regional reform in Hesse , on December 31, 1970, the two cities of Treysa and Ziegenhain merged with the surrounding villages of Ascherode, Florshain, Frankenhain, Nieder Grenzebach, Rommershausen and Trutzhain on a voluntary basis to form the expanded city of Schwalmstadt.  This Florshain was a district of Schwalm city. The administrative seat became Treysa. For all formerly independent municipalities, local districts with local advisory councils and local councilors were formed according to the Hessian municipal code. 
Former settlement areas in the district
Culture and sights
The half-timbered church was built in 1520, this year can be taken from a sandstone walled in the base . In the massive sandstone floor of the church, two Gothic window arches are walled in, which suggest that it was built in the 13th or 14th century. Inside the church there is a late Gothic baptismal font with the dates 1520 and 1740. The year 1740 cannot be clearly assigned, however, it probably indicates a renovation. The church was expanded in 1953/1954. 
- Numbers / data / facts. In: website. City of Schwalmstadt, accessed August 2020 .
- Population figures on December 31, 2018. In: website. City of Schwalmstadt, accessed August 2020 .
- of municipalities to form the town of "Schwalmstadt", district of Ziegenhein on January 7, 1971 . In: The Hessian Minister of the Interior (ed.): State Gazette for the State of Hesse. 1971 No. 4, S. 139 , point 158 ( online at the information system of the Hessian state parliament [PDF; 6.3 MB]).
- main statute. (PDF; 314 kB) § 5. In: Website. City of Schwamstadt, accessed August 2020 .
- Kirche in Florshain www.ekkw.de (Memento des Originals vom 1. Februar 2011 im Internet Archive) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- HOL Ziegenhain, S. 39 f
- Höck, Florshain, S. 158 f.
- Reimer, Ortslexikon S. 141
- Literature on Florshain in the Hessian Bibliography