Fulda-Jossa airport - Flugplatz Fulda-Jossa
|Height above MSL||475 m (1558 ft)|
|Distance from the city center||20 km west of Fulda|
|operator||Motorflug Fulda e. V.|
|08/26||588 m × 30 m Gras|
The Fulda-Jossa airfield is a special airfield in East Hesse . It lies roughly halfway between the cities of Fulda in the east, Lauterbach in the north, Gedern in the west and Steinau an der Straße in the south. The place is operated by the Verein Motorflug Fulda e. V.
In the early 1970s, the Frankfurt merchant Erich Stroh was looking for a way to fly from Egelsbach to his weekend house in Vogelsberg with his Morane . For this he bought the area of today's airfield and obtained a corresponding permit from the Hessian Ministry of Economics and Technology , which was granted on November 27, 1972 and initially only applied to Stroh's own aircraft. After the approval was extended, the Frankfurt Aviation Association operated a flight school for training PPL-A pilots as a subtenant there from 1974 to 1976 . In 1975 a log cabin was used as a flight preparation roombuilt. In 1977 a gas station and a tower followed . On March 2, 1978, the Motorflug Fulda e. V. signed a long-term lease with straw and has been operating the airfield ever since. Since 1984 the airfield has also been approved for model flying and parachuting .
The airfield has a petrol station at which the AVGAS 100LL can be refueled, a hangar and a tower as well as parking areas for aircraft.