Large district town of Großenhain
|Area :||63,2 km²|
|Residents :||410 (1990)|
|Population density :||6 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||January 1, 1999|
|Postal code :||01561|
|Area code :||03522|
Location of Folbern in Saxony
The place is 1.5 kilometers from Großenhain. The federal highway 98 runs north of Folbern. The village was a long street perch village, surrounded by corridors, and owned 632 hectares of land. The place is charmingly situated between a river in the north and the large Röder in the south. There is a view of the near-natural looking and spatially extensive Röder lowland. The place was founded on its right bank at the northern end of the floodplain on a cold-time ground moraine . To the south of Folbern lies Rostig, via the S 21 state road you can reach the Paulsmühle residential area, which belongs to the southeast of Folbern, and the town of Kalkreuth. East of Folbern you can reach Quersa and via the B 98Lampertswalde , via the county road K 8510 you can reach Adelsdorf to the north and Grossenhain to the west of Folbern.
Folbern was first mentioned in 1291, at that time still as Volbor. The name means something like settlement of a Vol (i) bor, a two-part Old Sorbian full name. The name "Volbor" itself was made up of the two words "want" and "fight", which came from the old Polish and Slavic vocabulary. Folbern's name had changed several times. Folbern was called Volbur in 1309, Wolbur 1349, Wolbur 1350 , Volbur , 1378 Volpor , 1401 Folwer , 1412 zcu Volborn , 1446 Waller , 1453 Folbar , 1461 Vollebar , 1480 Folber , 1500 Volber, 1551 Volwahr , 1552 Folbernn and Folbern in 1587.
The Röderniederung was also settled in earlier times. Probably the oldest find that came to light during excavation work on the Röder is a shoe last wedge with a perforation . There are frequent traces of settlement with Röder reference from the Late Bronze and Early Iron Ages . The two sites are to the east of the village and north of the B 98. To the north-east of the Paulsmühle, a late Bronze Age settlement area with characteristic fragments was excavated in the 1970s.
This may be related to a burial ground that has been known since the 19th century, which, according to the finds - including complete vessels and a bronze shepherd's stick needle - suggests that the occupation began as early as the Middle Bronze Age or the Older Lusatian Culture .
Before March 7, 1291, "Rulico advocatus" owned a piece of forest near Folbern, "Herbordus miles Dictus de Bele" had 27 Folbern annual interest in the village, the subsequent owner is the Hayner monastery. In 1309 the monastery had 4 Hufen and the forest, the margrave exempted the property from taxes and services. By 1349 Heinricus Voit had 30 bushels of grain in Folbern and in 1401 the Voit family owned the allodium and annual interest. There were also some partial owners, for example, “Zcasla et Dipoldus de Schonenvelt owned by 1350"A part, 1400 some nuns in the Kreuzkloster, 1401" Henze Glettinberg ", citizen of Hain, 1403 Dorothea, wife of the Hch. Dragus. On January 19, 1405, "Stephanus Moir, canonicus Wurzinensis" bought the bishop's tithe for the cathedral and the cross monastery. In 1406 Folbern paid prayers for Hayn. On March 3, 1412, the margrave paid grain interest to the parish church of Hayn, and in 1419 the Seusslitz monastery bought a meadow in Folbern. 1446–60 Hans Sewitzsch had interest in the village of Folbern and 1461–1488 the Zcemaw family had goods, as did Hans von Schönfeld from 1472. 1474 Dorothea von Kitscher and Jan von Köckeritzhad interest in the village. On December 3, 1500 the von Köckeritz buy half the village. From 1543 on, Dr. Komerstadt property in Folbern. In 1546 the council of Hain charged 10 guilders interest in Folbern because of the hospital. Around 1547 6 Hainer citizens and the cloth makers had the official meadows, on February 10, 1555 Dr. Komerstadt the fiefs over the village, in 1561 his heirs acquired the Vorwerk from Wilhelm von Köckeritz. On May 1, 1587, Christian Kieselwetter ceded Folbern and Adelsdorf to the Margrave, both of whom took office.
In 1406, 24 Hufen land, six gardens, a mill and fishing (fishing law) belonged to Folbern. In 1543, Elector Moritz sold the fishing rights to Dr. Komerstadt. In 1547, 24 Hufen belonged to Folbern, and in 1587 an additional 50 possessed men and seven gardeners. In 1669 the place consists of 44 men, including 36 workers and 9 gardeners with the mill, in 1692 from 52 official subjects and in 1790 from 24 Hufen land, estimate 1147 shock. In 1716 the village received a concession to build a community smithy.
For the military expedition in 1621, the feudal men Hans Eicheler from Folbern, Mohnbuchse from Lenz and Nitzschwitz from Döbritzgen had to put together a horse, the villages of Oberrödern , Mülbitz , Freitelsdorf , Naundorf and Folbern an army wagon . During the siege of Hayn by the Swedes in the Thirty Years' War in 1642, they set the entire place on fire. Through the siege, the soldiers also brought the plague into the country, so it was written in 1644: War and plague have devastated and ruined everything.
In 1552 the manors Kalkreuth and Walda exercised part of the manorial rule, from 1590 the village was Amtsdorf von Großenhain. In 1378 the village was administered from Castrum Hayn, from 1590 by the Hayn Office , from 1856 by the Grossenhain Court Office and from 1875 by the Grossenhain Office .  Because of the licensing law, it was determined in 1587 that which farmers from the rule of Hainisch give beer at a reduced price, they give 45 groschen a year. 1659 it is called Das Häußlein von Folbern (the tavern)belongs to Adelsdorf and gives 5 guilders 15 groschen loan interest. At the beginning of the 19th century, there was a road house on the small Poststrasse to Königsbrück. On February 24, 1807, twelve farms including the school burned down. It is not known when a school existed. In 1837 the Dorfstrasse burned down up to and including the inn.
The Saxon rural community order of 1838 gave Folbern independence as a rural community. In 1925, 467 residents of Folbern were Evangelical Lutheran and 4 residents were Roman Catholic. Saxons came after the Second World War in the Soviet zone of occupation and later the GDR . The land of the former state estate Adelsdorf was parceled out on the Folberner Flur as part of the land reform. The two world wars left bad marks. The community erected a memorial on the village green in memory of the victims. In the course of the refugee movement from East Prussia, Silesia, Pomerania and the Sudetenland, there were at times 900 inhabitants. After the territorial reform in 1952Folbern was assigned to the Grossenhain district in the Dresden district . After the German reunification , the place came to the re-established Free State of Saxony. In the west of the village there has been an industrial park that has been established over the next few years since 1990, in which a car dealership, a funeral home, a tree nursery and a roller shutter and window manufacturer have settled. The following regional reforms in Saxony assigned Folbern to the Riesa-Großenhain district in 1994 and to the Meißen district in 2008. On January 1, 1999, the place was incorporated into Grossenhain.  In the northeast of the village there is a kindergarten on the street Am Kindergarten.
Culture and sights
Mill in Folbern
In 1406 the village had 24 hooves and 6 gardens and a mill, probably the fulling mill, which was bought from the nunnery in 1425 by master craftsmen and wool weavers. They had to preserve the dams and banks of the great Röder. In the Öeder carpenter's card, the mill is referred to as a drapery mill with three gears, and in 1721 it was mentioned as a grinding and fulling mill with one gear. In 1860 the Grossenhain cloth craftsmen sold their mill, it was converted into a painting mill and ran until the 1930s. At the beginning of the 20th century, a turbine was installed that still provides electricity for household use today. The Müller family, owners since 1908, mainly produced rye flour and rye breadcrumbs for Dresden until 1990. After 1990 animal feed was sold and, from 1993, riding accessories were also sold in an equestrian shop. It was later expanded to include dog, zoo and pasture needs. During the school holidays, riding days with overnight stays in the guesthouse are organized here for school children (status: 2008).
In place of a school built in 1857, a successor building was built in 1911. After 1952, the children only attended the Folbern School up to the fourth grade, afterwards they attended the Pestalozzi School in Grossenhain for the remaining school years. In 1968 the school was closed and now serves as a residential building. The building is a stately one-storey plastered building with a T-shaped floor plan, with a protruding central projection that ends in a triangular gable. The entrance portal is equipped with a curved roof, above it windows as a triforic motif. The building has stone walls, a high mansard roof with cripples and beaver tail covering. Inside there are original floors, doors and windows made of colored glass and cut panes.
After 1900 there was already a lively club life in Folbern. For example, there was a men's gymnastics club, a youth club and many others. After the Second World War, the Folbern residents were and are still active in many associations, such as the volunteer fire brigade , the allotment garden association and the poultry breeders association. In addition, there is the Folberner Carnevals-Verein (FCV), which was launched in 1978 with the establishment of the first 911 Council. In the meantime, this association has become indispensable in the carnival season. The association is based in the Kulturzentrum Großenhain GmbH after the old Gasthof Folbern had to be demolished in 2013/14 due to dilapidation.
Area natural monument
The 0.2 hectare area natural monument "Zwei Röderaltarme" on the Schützenwiesen lies on the border with the Kalkreuth district. On the left edge of the straightened Röder the FND fulfills among other things as an amphibian spawning area. the adjacent lowland meadows are a traditional gathering place for white storks in late summer and as a resting place for Limikolen passing through.
- Otto Mörtzsch : Folbern . In: Historical-topographical description of the administrative authority in Großenhain . Verl. Landesverein Sächs. Heimatschutz, Dresden 1935, p. 21 ( SLUB Dresden [accessed December 17, 2017]).
- Folder. In: Großenhainer Pflege (= values of the German homeland . Volume 70). 1st edition. Böhlau, Cologne / Weimar / Vienna 2008, ISBN 978-3-412-09706-6 , pp. 97-99.
- Saxony's church gallery. 7th volume. The Grossenhain, Radeberg and Bischofswerda inspections . Dresden 1840. Page 176 ff ( online. , Accessed on December 17, 2017)
- The Genealogical Directory of Places The database of current and historical local data in Folbern on the website of the Verein für Computergenealogie
- www.grossenhain.de Folbern district
- Folbern in Historical digital gazetteer of axes .
- Michael Rademacher: German administrative history from the unification of the empire in 1871 to the reunification in 1990. Grossenhain district. (Online material for the dissertation, Osnabrück 2006).
- Folder. In: Großenhainer Pflege (= values of the German homeland . Volume 70). 1st edition. Böhlau, Cologne / Weimar / Vienna 2008, ISBN 978-3-412-09706-6 , p. 338.
- With the incorporation of Folbern to Großenhain in 1999, only official population figures were collected for the entire municipality until the census.
- Folder. In: Großenhainer Pflege (= values of the German homeland . Volume 70). 1st edition. Böhlau, Cologne / Weimar / Vienna 2008, ISBN 978-3-412-09706-6 , pp. 98-99.