|Agrarian Guarantee Fund|
|Spanish Agrarian Guarantee Fund|
Palace of the Duke of Veragua , headquarters of the FEGA
|Foundation||December 28, 1995 (24 years)|
|Headquarters||Palace of the Duke of Veragua , Madrid|
|President||Miguel Ángel Riesgo Pablo|
|Dependent of||General Secretariat of Agriculture and Food|
|Superior entity||Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food|
|Annual budget||€ 6,976.5 million (2019)|
The Guarantee Fund Agraria officially Spanish Agricultural Guarantee Fund ( FEGA ) is an autonomous institution of the Government of Spain assigned to the Agriculture Ministry, Fisheries and Food whose mission principal cause funds from the European Agricultural Fund for Agricultural Guarantee (EAGF) and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) assigned to Spain , are strictly applied to achieve the objectives of this policy. [ 1 ]
It also ensures that they effectively reach the beneficiaries who meet the requirements established for their concession, encourages the homogeneous application of CAP aid throughout the State territory, avoiding fraud and minimizing the risks of financial corrections derived of incorrect management of said Funds. Likewise, as regards the European Aid Fund for the Most Disadvantaged (FEAD) and the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (FEMP), it is responsible for their correct application and management in the case of FEAD and, in the case of In the case of the FEMP, the certification that the fund's management has been carried out in accordance with community and national regulations. [ 1 ]
FEGA was created in 1995 from the merger of the Fund for the Regulation and Regulation of Agricultural Productions and Prices (FORPPA) and the National Service for Agricultural Products (Senpa). [ 2 ] as responsible for all the management of aid and payments corresponding to the application of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP). The context in which it was created was a time in which the competences between administrations varied enormously, since together the state transfer of competences to the Autonomous Communities , which reduced the competence of many state bodies, with a process of adaptation to the competences already transferred to the European Union . [ 3 ]
It was originally created as an autonomous commercial and financial body, until in 1998 it was adapted to the single category of autonomous body. [ 4 ] That same year, its powers were expanded not only in coordination, but also as a paying body and as a national authority in charge of European controls in its field of work. [ 5 ]
They regulated as in the Statute of the Fund for 2002 are as follows: [ 6 ]
- Act as the sole interlocutor before the European Commission for matters related to the financing of the CAP, in accordance with the provisions of article 6.3 of Council Regulation (EC) No. 1290/2005, of June 21, 2005, on financing the Common Agricultural Policy.
- Those derived from its status as a national paying agency of the European Agricultural Funds for measures in which the General State Administration has the competence of management, resolution and payment.
- The management, resolution and payment of export refunds and similar aids that affect trade with third countries.
- The financial coordination of the national pre-financing system of the expenses of the European Agricultural Funds and the process of clearance of accounts thereof.
- The initiation and instruction of the procedures for the determination and impact of responsibilities for non-compliance with European Union Law in the field of European agricultural funds, in accordance with the provisions of the Royal Decree that regulates the criteria and the procedure to determine and pass on responsibilities for non-compliance with European Union Law in 2013.
- Those derived from its status as the national authority in charge of coordinating the controls established in Article 20 (3) Regulation (EC) No. 73/2009 of the Council, of January 19, 2009, which establishes common provisions applicable to direct aid schemes within the framework of the common agricultural policy and certain aid schemes are established for farmers and amending Regulations (EC) No. 1290/2005, (EC) No. 247 / 2006, (EC) No. 378 / º2007 and Regulation (EC) No. 1782/2003 is repealed.
- The proposal or, where appropriate, participation in the preparation of the basic state regulations and implementation, which affect the exercise of their functions.
- The actions that, with respect to the supplementary tax regime in the milk and dairy products sector , are entrusted to it in the state regulations on the milk tax regime.
- Those derived from its status as the body in charge of the actions established in the Community regulations regarding the obligation to publish information on the beneficiaries of funds from the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund (EAGF) and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD ).
- The internal audit of the actions of the Agency.
- To act as the competent authority for the application of Community regulations that establish application provisions regarding the financing from the EAGF of expenses related to the common organization of the markets in the sector of fishery and aquaculture products, with regard to both relations with the European Commission and relations with payment agencies.
- The certification and control of the resources of the European Fisheries Fund (EFF) as a certification authority, as well as that of other Community funds intended for the structural improvement of the fishing sector.
- Those derived from its status as a paying body for EAGF expenses related to the common organization of the markets in the sector of fishery and aquaculture products.
- Those derived from its status as intermediate management body of the European Aid Fund for the most disadvantaged people, in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) No. 223/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of March 11, 2014.
The Presidency of the Fund is the head of the Fund. Its holder has the rank of general director and is appointed by the Council of Ministers at the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture. The rest of the organs depend on the presidency.
The incumbent substitutes for the President in cases of vacancy, absence or illness. It is in charge of assisting the Presidency in the functions of coordinating the activities of the agency's units, as well as human resource management , the preparation and application of the agency's information systems plan, and technical advice and assistance in this area. of information and communication technologies, the internal regime, the improvement of the basic public storage network, the maintenance and conservation of real estate, the management of supplies and administrative contracting, the legal-administrative processing of matters derived from the actions of the agency and the information, publications, archiving, registration and acquisition of non-inventory material
Economic-Financial General Subdirectorate
It is responsible for the budgetary, financial, accounting and patrimonial management of the autonomous body, as well as the preparation and preparation of the preliminary draft of its budget and the monitoring and control of its execution; the liquidation and rendering of the organism's account and the permanent updating of its patrimony; the financing of intervention actions in the form of public storage as well as the execution and accounting of payments made by the FEGA in its capacity as a national paying agency in the sense of the provisions of article 6.1 of the Regulation (CE) 1290/2005, of the Council, of June 21.
Subdirectorate General for Market Regulation
It is in charge of establishing regulations on the intervention of agricultural and livestock markets; of the proposed purchase and sale of products, as well as the monitoring of the movement and public stocks of those; the processing and management of export refunds and similar aids that may affect trade with third countries; the management of intra-community traffic control documents, as well as the monitoring of the management of the aids provided for in the Specific Supply Scheme of the Canary Islands; the implementation of the aid program for the most disadvantaged people; authorization of payment when necessary; and to act as payment body for EAGF expenses related to the common organization of the markets in the sector of fishery and aquaculture products .
Subdirectorate General for Direct Aid
It is responsible for:
- Monitoring of the actions of the autonomous communities in matters of their competence, in order to guarantee the harmonized application in the national territory of the community regulations and of the basic regulations for the development of state competence, as well as equality in the treatment of producers and operators nationwide.
- Monitoring of the harmonized application in the national territory of the controls and sanctions that, derived from community regulations, must apply the autonomous communities in accordance with their powers.
- Those derived from the status of FEGA as the national authority in charge of coordinating the controls established by Regulation (EU) No. 1306/2013, of the European Parliament and of the Council, which establishes the integrated management and control system for certain Community aid schemes.
- The proposal or, where appropriate, participation in the basic and implementing state regulations that affect the exercise of their functions, in relation to the aid schemes established by virtue of Regulation (EU) No. 1307/2013, of the European Parliament and the Council.
- The design, execution and maintenance, in collaboration with the autonomous communities, of the necessary instruments for the application of the Integrated Management and Control System of the Common Agricultural Policy within the scope of its powers.
Subdirectorate General for Special Sectors
It is responsible for:
- Coordination and monitoring of the actions of the autonomous communities to guarantee the harmonized application of community regulations and basic state regulations in relation to aid regimes other than direct aid (fruit and vegetables, viticulture, agro-industrial sectors and private storage of products).
- Coordination and monitoring of the application of the controls and sanctions that, derived from community regulations, must apply the autonomous communities in accordance with their powers in relation to aid regimes other than direct aid mentioned in the previous paragraph, as well as the measures implemented in the rural development programs approved by the Commission and the POSEI program applied in the Canary Islands.
- Coordination and monitoring of the application of the conditionality rules (legal requirements for management and good agricultural and environmental conditions of the land) to the beneficiaries of direct aid, certain rural development measures and certain aid from the support program for the wine sector.
- The proposal or, where appropriate, participation in the preparation of basic and implementing state regulations, in relation to: aid regimes other than direct aid, controls on rural development measures, conditionality rules and the supplementary rate of the milk quota.
- Coordination of the management, control and collection of the supplementary tax in the cow's milk sector, by virtue of the provisions of Royal Decree 754/2005, which regulates the milk tax regime. As well as the follow-up of the mandatory declarations and controls in the sheep and goat dairy sector.
Subdirectorate General of Agricultural Funds
It is responsible for:
- Develop the functions of the department as the only accredited coordinating body in Spain among the paying agencies.
- Promote and guarantee the harmonized application of the legislation relating to the EAGF and EAFRD funds.
- Coordinate the dialogue and inform the European Commission and other institutions of the European Union, where appropriate, on all issues arising from the financing, management and monitoring of the common agricultural policy.
- Coordinate the national pre-financing system for the EAGF and EAFRD Funds.
- Coordinate the investigations of the European Commission and other institutions of the Union for matters related to the EAGF and EAFRD funds.
- Coordinate the clearance of accounts and clearance procedure in accordance with which the Commission decides to exclude the expenses of the agricultural funds from the financing of the paying agencies.
For the year 2018, the Agrarian Guarantee Fund has an endowment of € 6,976,585,840, that is, more than 85% of the total budget of the Ministry. According to the 2018 General State Budgets , extended to 2019, the FEGA participates in four programs:
|231F||Other social services of the State||106 482 100 €|||
|412M||Regulation of agricultural markets||5 760 784 420 €|||
|414B||Development of the rural environment||1 097 618 100 €|||
|000X||Internal transfers||11 701 220 €|||
|Total budget of the Agricultural Guarantee Fund||6 976 585 840 €|
|1990s||2000s||Decade 2010||2020 decade|
|1996*||6.448.507.423 €||-||||2001||6.418.346.255 €||7,33 %||||2011||7.564.360.720 €||2,38 %||||2021**||7.328.926.820 €||5,05 %|||
|1997||5.477.053.346 €||15,06 %||||2002||6.670.654.510 €||3,93 %||||2012||7.508.859.490 €||0,73 %|||
|1998||5.639.484.614 €||2,97 %||||2003||6.873.246.890 €||3,04 %||||2013||6.980.412.700 €||7,04 %|||
|1999||5.682.454.792 €||0,76 %||||2004||6.870.621.280 €||0,04 %||||2014||7.106.639.370 €||1,81 %|||
|2000||5.979.837.534 €||5,24 %||||2005||6.972.823.740 €||1,49 %||||2015||8.058.332.160 €||13,39 %|||
|2006||7.024.599,490 €||0,74 %||||2016||6.794.266.530 €||15,69 %|||
|2007||6.929.345.250 €||1,36 %||||2017||6.872.631.770 €||1,15 %|||
|2008||7.219.923.050 €||4,19 %||||2018||6.976.585.840 €||1,51 %|||
|2009||7.267.048.640 €||0,65 %||||2019||0 %|
|2010||7.748.579.690 €||6,63 %||||2020||0 %|
- The budget for the years 1996 to 2001 is a conversion from pesetas to euros (1 euro = 166.3860 pesetas).
- (*) The budget for the year 1996 is an approximation of the sum of the budgets of the Fund for the Organization and Regulation of Agricultural Productions and Prices (FORPPA) and the National Service of Agricultural Products (SENPA) for the year 1995, which were extended .
- (**) The budget for 2021 is not final. These are data obtained from the draft General State Budget for 2021, the approval or rejection of which will be voted on at the end of 2020 or the beginning of 2021.
Between 1995 and 1998, the head of the FEGA was the Director General, while since 1998 he was called President, although he maintained the same rank.
- José Luis Sáenz García-Baquero (December 30, 1995 - June 1, 1996)
- Antonio Rodríguez de Borbolla Vázquez (June 1, 1996 - July 12, 1997)
- Nicolás López de Coca Fernández-Valencia (September 27, 1997 - July 18, 1998)
- Nicolás López de Coca Fernández-Valencia (July 18, 1998 - April 24, 1999)
- Elena de Mingo Bolde (May 22, 1999 - February 7, 2004)
- Francisco Mombiela Muruzábal (May 1, 2004 - February 4, 2006)
- Fernando Miranda Sotillos (February 4, 2006 - May 6, 2014)
- Ignacio Sánchez Esteban (May 10, 2014 - December 17, 2016)
- Miguel Ángel Riesgo Pablo (December 17, 2016-present)
- «Mission and Vision | fega.es » . www.fega.es . Retrieved August 24, 2019 .
- Country, Editions El (September 28, 1995). "The Ministry of Agriculture abolishes FORPPA and Senpa . " The Country . ISSN 1134-6582 . Retrieved August 24, 2019 .
- «Royal Decree 2205/1995, of December 28, which consolidates the Autonomous Organizations Fund for the Organization and Regulation of Agricultural Productions and Prices (FORPPA) and the National Service of Agricultural Products (SENPA) in the autonomous commercial organization and financial denominated State Fund of Agrarian Guarantee. " . www.boe.es . Retrieved August 24, 2019 .
- "Law 50/1998, of December 30, on Fiscal, Administrative and Social Order Measures." . www.boe.es . Retrieved August 24, 2019 .
- "Royal Decree 1490/1998, of July 10, which establishes the organic structure of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food." . www.boe.es . Retrieved August 24, 2019 .
- "Royal Decree 1441/2001, of December 21, approving the Statute of the Spanish Agrarian Guarantee Fund." . www.boe.es . Retrieved August 24, 2019 .
- "Program 231F - PGE 2018, extended for 2019." . Archived from the original on November 16, 2019 . Retrieved November 16, 2019 .
- «Program 412M - PGE 2018, extended for 2019.» . Archived from the original on November 8, 2019 . Retrieved November 16, 2019 .
- «Program 414B - PGE 2018, extended for 2019.» . Archived from the original on November 8, 2019 . Retrieved November 16, 2019 .
- "Program 000X - PGE 2018, extended for 2019." . Archived from the original on November 8, 2019 . Retrieved November 16, 2019 .
- "PGE 1996" . pp. 48-49.
- "PGE 2001" . pp. 34-35.
- "PGE 2011" . pp. 4-5.
- «Draft general budgets for 2021» .
- "PGE 1997" . pp. 104-105.
- "PGE 2002" . pp. 34-35.
- "PGE 2012" . pp. 5-6.
- «General State Budgets 1998» . p. 46-47.
- "PGE 2003" . pp. 34-35.
- «PGE 2013». p. 7.
- «General State Budgets for 1999» . p. 78-79.
- "General State Budgets for 2004" . pp. 34-35.
- «General State Budgets 2014» . p. 6.
- "PGE 2000" . pp. 34-35.
- "PGE 2005" . pp. 40-41.
- «Pge the 2015» .
- "PGE 2006" . pp. 40-41.
- «Pge for the 2016» .
- "PGE 2007" . pp. 40-41.
- «Pge by 2017, up» .
- "PGE 2008" . pp. 42-43.
- "PGE 2018, extended in 2019 and 2020." .
- "General State Budgets 2009" . pp. 48-49.
- "PGE 2010" . pp. 4-5.