Francisco Pérez-Dolz - Francisco Pérez-Dolz
|Birth|| 1922 |
Madrid ( Spain )
|Death|| April 9 , 2017 |
|Occupation||Film director , screenwriter and producer|
Francisco Pérez-Dolz Riba ( Madrid , 1922- Barcelona , April 10, 2017 [ 1 ] ), known by his associates as Paco , was a Spanish filmmaker , renowned professor at the Escuela Superior de Cine y Audiovisuales de Cataluña . Within the world of cinema, he did all kinds of jobs, including scriptwriter, producer and director, and even made some appearances as an actor. [ 2 ] [ 3 ]
Although Paco Pérez-Dolz was born in Madrid , his family already moved to Barcelona when he was about five years old. Had three sisters (Carmen, Irene and Maria Pilar) and his parents were the artist and musician Francisco Pérez Dolz , originally from Castellón (1887-1958), [ 4 ] [ 5 ] and Irene Riba Rodriguez, born in Cambrils . [ 6 ]
Starting from scratch and mainly self-taught, his whole life was dedicated to cinema.
After directing his feature films, he devoted himself mainly to advertising and industrial cinema.
Filmography (as a director)
- 1956. Lessons in cinematography , educational short film.
- 1963. A clean shot , starring José Suárez and considered one of the classics of Spanish police cinema.
- 1963. The womanizer , starring Cassen .
- 1965. The Judges of the Bible (Gideon and Samson) , co-directed with the Italian director Marcello Baldi
- 2007. Paco Pérez-Dolz: The road to the office of Ferran Alberich , Angel Quintana and Esteve Riambau , book published by the Film Library of Catalonia [ 8 ]
- Paco Pérez-Dolz, a clean shot filmmaker , documentary directed by Jordi Marcos .
Awards and honours
- 2014. Honorary member of the Catalan Film Academy