Grenadier Regiment "Graf Kleist von Nollendorf" (1st West Prussian) No. 6 - Grenadier-Regiment „Graf Kleist von Nollendorf“ (1. Westpreußisches) Nr. 6
Grenadier Regiment "Graf Kleist von Nollendorf" (1st West Prussian) No. 6
|active||October 14, 1772 bisJuly 7, 1919|
|Armed forces||Prussian Army|
|Branch of service||Grenadier|
|Former locations||ua Posen , Glogau|
|Colours||Red (collar, lapels, flap, regimental number); White (shoulder cap)|
The Prussian King Friedrich II founded the federation on October 14, 1772 from charges from Prussian garrison regiments and foreign recruits as a fusilier regiment, with a strength of two battalions of one grenadier and five fusilier companies. The grenadier companies of two regiments each formed a battalion in the event of mobilization.
On February 14, 1788, a reorganization was announced for June 1 of the same year: Each infantry regiment received a depot battalion, which took in those only capable of garrison service and is to serve as a replacement battalion in the event of war , the previously existing garrison regiments were dissolved and the regiment was incorporated into converted into a musketeer regiment and received three companies of the "Bärenhauer" garrison regiment as a depot battalion; the regiment consisted of one grenadier and two musketeer battalions of four companies each and the depot battalion of three companies.
On October 1, 1797, the Deopot battalions received a 4th company and the name III. Musketeer Battalion; their purpose remained essentially the same.
As of February 28, 1799, the regiment was reorganized: By converting two grenadier companies into musketeer companies, the regiment included two grenadier companies, an I. Battalion and a II. Musketeer battalion of four companies; the grenadiers of two regiments reassembled to form a grenadier battalion
On November 20, 1807, the regiment was reorganized again: The regiment was a light battalion, the fusilier battalion "von Wakenitz" and the III. Musketeer battalions of the regiments "von Kauffberg" and "Jung-Larisch" assigned.
In 1813 a III. Musketeer and four reserve battalions and the III. Battalion surrendered to Regiment No. 12. On October 14, 1814, the two grenadier companies were handed over to the Franz Regiment, where they became 5th and 6th companies. In 1859 heavy deliveries were made, including to officers, to Regiment No. 46. On September 27, 1866, the 13th, 14th and 15th companies were transferred to Regiment No. 82. Further donations followed in 1881 (7th company to regiment No. 99), 1887 (8th company to regiment No. 53) and 1897 (4th battalion to regiment No. 155). In 1893 an IV (half) battalion was established.
Locations were Prussian Holland (1772), East Prussia (changing: Thorn , Marienburg and Mühlhausen ; 1793), Warmia-Masuria ( Rastenburg , Rößel , Angerburg and Lyck ; 1799), changing (Rastenburg, Frankfurt (Oder) , Berlin and Breslau ; 1807 ), Posen , Fraustadt and Rawitsch (1817), Glogau (1820, next to it until 1826 in Schweidnitz ), Posen (1833, next to it until 1833 Rawitsch and 1834/35Krotoschin and Zduny ), Glogau, Liegnitz (1836, next to 1848 Krotoschin and Zduny and 1848-1851 Fraustadt), Posen (1851), Glogau, Schweidnitz and Fraustadt (1855) and Posen (1860), next to 1883 in Samter .
- Until 1808 the regiment was named after the chiefs.
- From September 7, 1808: 1st West Prussian Infantry Regiment
- From November 5, 1816: 6th Infantry Regiment (1st West Prussian)
- From March 10, 1823: 6th Infantry Regiment
- From July 4, 1860: 1st West Prussian Grenadier Regiment No. 6
- From January 27, 1889: Grenadier Regiment "Graf Kleist von Nollendorf" (1st West Prussian) No. 6
The trunk number was No. 52 until September 7, 1808, and then No. 6.
The regiment was in the War of Bavarian Succession at the Battle of Zuckmantel part (14 January 1779). In 1794 there was the Kościuszko uprising , in which the regiment fought in the Battle of Szczekociny . Further battles were the Fourth Coalition War , the Russian campaign in 1812 .
In the suppression of the Polish uprising in the province of Posen , the regiment was deployed on May 5 at Obornik and on May 8, 1848 at Rogalin . The association was also used at Skompe on March 3, 1863 in the suppression of the January uprising .
After mobilization, the association was initially involved in the 3rd Army on August 4, 1870 in the battle of Weissenburg . Four days later it fought at Wörth and at the end of the month at Stonne . After participating in the Battle of Sedan , the regiment was used from September 19, 1870 to January 28, 1871 in the enclosure and siege of Paris .
On August 2, 1914, the regiment was mobilized according to the mobilization plan . In addition to the back end of the field regiment it turned a reserve battalion to four companies and two recruits - depots on. On September 12, 1916, the 8th and 9th Companies were given up to form Infantry Regiment No. 398. On September 3, 1918, the regiment received its own MW company, which was formed from parts of the mine thrower company No. 10.
After the end of the war , the regiment met on 25/27. In December 1918 he returned to the garrison in Posen, moved to Trachenberg on December 31, 1918 and was demobilized via the settlement center in Görlitz . In January 1919, the Voluntary Grenadier Regiment 6 was formed from parts with two battalions and an MW company, which was deployed in the Trachenberg border protection section . The regiment was disbanded on July 7, 1919 and the remnants were absorbed into the 1st Battalion of the 9th Reichswehr Rifle Regiment.
The tradition in the Reichswehr was adopted by the Chief of Army Command, General of the Infantry Hans von Seeckt on August 24, 1921, by the 10th Company of the 8th (Prussian) Infantry Regiment stationed in Görlitz . In the Wehrmacht , the 2nd Battalion of the 30th Infantry Regiment continued the tradition.
|Major General / Lieutenant General||Christian August von Lengefeld||October 14, 1772 to March 16, 1785|
|Major General / Lieutenant General||Wilhelm von Schwerin||April 5, 1785 to May 10, 1795|
|Major General / Lieutenant General||Franz Joachim von Reinhardt||May 19, 1795 to December 3, 1806|
|Major general||Carl Friedrich von Hamberger||January 28, 1806 to July 1, 1811|
Lieutenant General / General of the Infantry / |
General Field Marshal
|Friedrich von Kleist||March 31, 1814 to February 17, 1823|
|Lieutenant General / General of the Infantry||Karl von Grolman||September 9, 1835 to September 15, 1843|
|General of the cavalry||Leopold of Austria||September 18, 1858 to May 24, 1898|
|Oberst||George Lorenz von Pirch||October 14, 1772|
|Oberst||Wilhelm Heinrich von der Goltz||17. September 1777|
|Oberst||Karl Ernst von Bose||13. June 1780|
|Oberst||Friedrich August von Behmann||1. April 1786|
|Oberst||Hans Christoph von Natzmer||10. May 1788|
|Colonel / Major General||Johann Friedrich von Krajewski||February 14, 1799 to January 19, 1807|
|Lieutenant colonel||Karl von Stoesser||January 20, 1807 to October 3, 1808|
|Major||August Ernst von Kamptz||October 4, 1808 to March 13, 1810|
|Major||Ludwig von Willisen||March 14, 1810 to September 30, 1811|
|Major||Ludwig von Schmalensee||October 1, 1811 to June 4, 1813 (in charge of the tour)|
|Lieutenant colonel||Ludwig von Schmallensee||June 5 to September 3, 1813|
|Lieutenant colonel||Johann Friedrich Jakob von Kemphen||September 20, 1814 to May 22, 1815|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Engelhardt Ludwig Stach of Goltzheim||September 1, 1815 to April 18, 1819|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Christian Adolf von Roebel||July 8, 1819 to May 8, 1823|
|Oberst||Ferdinand von Rohr||December 1, 1823 to March 29, 1829|
|Oberst||August von Sommerfeld||March 30, 1829 to July 19, 1834|
|Lieutenant colonel||Stanislaus Trautwein from Belle||July 20, 1834 to March 29, 1835 (in charge of the tour)|
|Oberst||Gottfried von Bockelmann||March 30, 1835 to August 17, 1837|
|Oberst||Gustav von der Heyde||August 18, 1837 to March 29, 1840|
|Oberst||Philipp von Uttenhoven||March 30, 1840 to July 28, 1842|
|Lieutenant colonel||Friedrich Leopold Palm||July 29, 1842 to January 9, 1843 (in charge of the tour)|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Friedrich Leopold Palm||January 10, 1843 to June 5, 1848|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||August von Goldbeck||June 6, 1848 to April 14, 1852|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Friedrich cap||April 15, 1852 to May 6, 1857|
|Oberst||Karl von Toll||7. May 1857 bis 30. May 1859|
|Lieutenant colonel||Friedrich Tischer||31. May 1859 bis 12. August 1861|
|Oberst||Adolf von Glümer||August 13, 1861 to June 13, 1866|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Karl von Scheffler||June 14, 1866 to January 8, 1868|
|Oberst||Adolf von Flöckher||January 9, 1868 to November 1, 1871|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Hugo von Pannwitz||November 4, 1871 to June 14, 1875|
|Lieutenant colonel||Albert von Kalinowski||June 15 to July 21, 1875 (in charge of the tour)|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Albert von Kalinowski||July 22, 1875 to March 10, 1882|
|Oberst||Otto von Schultzendorff||March 11, 1882 to April 14, 1887|
|Oberst||Theodor Unger||April 16, 1887 to March 23, 1890|
|Open||Walter von Prittwitz and Gaffron||March 24, 1890 to July 14, 1893|
|Oberst||Maximilian von Mützschefahl||July 15, 1893 to January 26, 1895|
|Oberst||Robert von Blumenthal||January 27, 1895 to January 11, 1896|
|Oberst||Maximilian von Prittwitz and Gaffron||January 27, 1896 to December 13, 1897|
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Kuno von Kameke||December 14, 1897 to January 17, 1901|
|Oberst||Franz von Massenbach||January 18, 1901 to April 23, 1904|
|Oberst||Wilhelm von Ditfurth||April 24, 1904 to August 13, 1908|
|Lieutenant colonel||Hans Blaurock||August 14 to November 18, 1908|
|Oberst||Karl Dieffenbach||November 19, 1908 to April 21, 1912|
|Oberst||Kurt von Gallwitz-Dreyling||April 22, 1912 to August 1, 1914|
|Lieutenant colonel||Otto Heyn||August 2-22, 1914|
|Lieutenant colonel||Max Kaisenberg||August 22, 1914 to December 15, 1916|
|Baetzdorff||December 28, 1916 to November 1, 1917|
|Major||Otto Greissdorf||November 2, 1917 until dissolution|
The collar, lapels, flap and regimental number were red and the shoulder cap was white.
- Döring von Gottberg: The Grenadier Regiment Graf Kleist von Nollendorf (1st West Prussian) No. 6 in the World War (= German deed in World War 1914/1918 . Volume 19 ). Bernard & Graefe, Berlin 1935 ( digitized version from the Württemberg State Library ).
- Claus von Bredow : Historical ranking and master list of the German army. Verlag August Scherl, Berlin 1905, pp. 393–395.
- Jürgen Kraus : Handbook of the associations and troops of the German army 1914-1918. Part VI: Infantry. Volume 1: Infantry Regiments. Verlag Militaria, Vienna 2007, ISBN 978-3-902526-14-4 , p. 45.
- Various authors : GenWiki - Gren.R 6th Grenadier Regiment Graf Kleist von Nollendorf (1st West Prussian) No. 6. In: wiki-de.genealogy.net. GenWiki , November 23, 2018, p. 6 , accessed November 9, 2018 .
- Günter Wegmann (Ed.), Günter Wegner: Formation history and staffing of the German armed forces 1815-1990. Part 1: Occupation of the German armies 1815–1939. Volume 2: The occupation of the active infantry regiments as well as Jäger and MG battalions, military district commands and training managers from the foundation or list until 1939. Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück 1992, ISBN 3-7648-1782-8 , pp. 57-59 .