Großstadelhofen - Großstadelhofen
City of Pfullendorf
|Height :||685 m ü. NN|
|Area :||10,03 km²|
|Residents :||412 (18. May 2015)|
|Population density :||41 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||1st January 1973|
|Postal code :||88630|
|Area code :||07552|
The eponymous village of the district is located about four kilometers south of the city center of Pfullendorf on the Jungmoränenplatte .  and above the Furtbachtobel a little further south. It is part of the Upper Linzgau and already borders Kirnbach with the Furtmühle im Bachtal , the Furtbach here forms the border with the Lake Constance district . When the districts were incorporated into the city of Pfullendorf, Großstadelhofen brought in the largest forest area. 
Expansion of the area
The total area of the Großstadelhofen district covers 1003 hectares, making it the fourth largest Pfullendorfer district in terms of area, but with little settlement. 
To the east of the village of Großstadelhofen is the Egelsee-Ried in the natural area of Upper Swabian hill country , at an altitude of up to . The Egelsee-Ried was declared a nature reserve on July 12, 1983. The 5.29 hectare nature reserve is wholly owned by the state. It consists of a fen and a gravel pit that was operated from 1972 to 1982 and has since been closed. 
Stadelhofen was first mentioned around 1209   (no later than 1220  ) as villa Stadilhovin in a list of estranged goods, bailiffs and people, which is among the documents of the Weißenau monastery . The document was drawn up without specifying the place and time, but according to historians it does not refer to estates alienated from the monastery, but to Hohenstaufen possessions from the Counts of Pfullendorf's inheritance, which the kings Philip , Otto IV and Friedrich II.had sold. The place was first mentioned when the hamlets of Stadelhofen and Sahlenbach and two forests near the town of Pfullendorf, which brought in a total of £ 20, were sold and were now owned by the Lords of Rosna . This undated sale will therefore not have taken place before 1209 ( rex Philippus bone memorie ; Philipp died in 1208), but more likely in one of the following years up to the death of Otto IV in 1218 and Frederick's departure from Germany in 1220.   A differentiation between Kleinstadelhofen and Großstadelhofen can be documented: 1337 to the klainen Stadelhoven (= Kleinstadelhofen ). and in 1475 Großstadelhoffen(= Großstadelhofen).  In 1381 the Pfullendorfer citizens Konrad der Schmit von Stadelhofen and his son of the same name sold their estate to the Walder Pitanz, consisting of a house with a garden and a field. [8th]
Stadelhofen was acquired in the 14th century by the lower nobility family of Mr. Gremlich von Pfullendorf .  A Konrad Gremlich von Krauchenwies sold the Count of Werdenberg-Heiligenberg Groß- and Kleinstadelhofen and the bailiwicks over Sylvenstal, Wattenreute and Krähenried in 1446 , but in 1475 his widow was able to sell the same goods to Anton von Neuneck . In 1476 it was sold on to the Pfullendorf Hospital. The highest jurisdiction lay with the county of Heiligenberg , the lower jurisdiction after 1476 with the city of Pfullendorf. 
In 1475 a castle stable is mentioned, but no nobility named after the place is known.  It could be an early medieval ring wall, known as Großstadelhofen Castle .  In her it should be according to legend, the castle of Hildegard of Linzgau (758-783), the wife of Emperor Charlemagne's act, therefore "Hildegardis castle"  called. According to tradition, which was not written down until the 17th century, Hildegard gave the church in Pfullendorf goods and the community in Stadelhofen a forest, the Efpan.   
In 1535 the county of Heiligenberg passed to the Fürstenbergers . Großstadelhofen was Fürstenberg territory until 1803 , but also one of five offices of the Pfullendorf hospital administration until 1803. The peasants were serfs of the hospital. It was not until 1834 that fiefs were converted into free property, and the farms were now privately owned by free farmers. 
The Napoleonic period brought in 1803 by the so-called Reichsdeputationshauptschluss the media coverage of the free imperial city of Upper Swabia on the way. Pfullendorf lost its imperial immediacy and came under the sovereignty of the House of Baden.  The hospital lost its villages and the Baden officials had to take up their duties in the former hospital villages.   As a result, Stadelhofen became Grand Duke of Baden's bailiwick in the Pfullendorf district office and from then on belonged to the lake district with its seat in Constance.  
On April 1, 1923, Kleinstadelhofen, Sylvenstal and Wattenreute were assigned to Großstadelhofen. After Krähenried was removed from the community of Denkingen , the place was also assigned to Großstadelhofen from April 1, 1923.
The rural community was added to the city of Pfullendorf on January 1, 1973 as part of the Baden-Württemberg district reform .  Since then, the place belongs to the newly formed district Sigmaringen. 
The place name is derived from the Old High German word "stadal" (= barn ). from,  which was expanded by a courtyard to become the "Stadelhof".  Stadelhofen ending in "-hofen" gives an indication of the time when the settlement was built: As is customary for the inner Linzgau, it took place with place names ending with "-dorf", "-hausen", and "-hofen", probably in the 6th and 7th centuries. 
There are currently 412 people living in Großstadelhofen and its hamlets, which corresponds to around 170 households (as of May 2015). 211 of them live in Großstadelhofen, 70 in Kleinstadelhofen, 64 in Sylvenstal, 59 in Wattenreute and 8 in the farms Krähenried and Egelsee.  The suburb continues to grow, in 1973 the incorporation there were 330 inhabitants. 
Großstadelhofen is a branch of the Catholic parish Aftholderberg (municipality Herdwangen-Schönach). Evangelical Christians belong to the parish in Pfullendorf. 
The village of Großstadelhofen has its own local council , which consists of seven voluntary local councils including a local mayor as chairman. The seat of the local administration is the village community center in Großstadelhofen, built in 1993. The local council is directly elected by the people. The electoral term lasts five years.
- since 1999: Armin Haug (CDU) 
coat of arms
The coat of arms of Großstadelhofen shows in a split shield in front in gold a half, red armored, red-tongued black eagle at the gap, behind in red a golden sword.
Culture and sights
- The Catholic Martinskapelle in Großstadelhofen was built in 1482 and renovated in 1967. It is dedicated to Saint Martin . 
- The St. Florian Chapel in Wattenreute was built in 1718. It can also be found as a motif on the volunteer fire brigade's flag. 
- The old farmhouse on Schlossbühlstrasse in Großstadelhofen was demolished in the Black Forest and rebuilt at its current location. 
- The early medieval castle Großstadelhofen is a double ring rampart in a spur location with preserved ramparts and ditches in the “Schloßbühl” area around 300 meters south of the village. 
Großstadelhofen is located on the Linzgauer Jakobsweg , a stage of the Via Beuronensis . The Furtmühle in the Furtbachtobel used to be a sawmill and is now a pilgrims' hostel for pilgrims on the Way of St. James as well as a help center for animal and experiential work with children, young people and families who, due to their biographical situation, require professional educational support. 
- Father's Day celebration of the fire brigade on Ascension Day 
- Village festival in Kleinstadelhofen 
- The Fanfarenzug Großstadelhofen eV was founded in 1965.
- The Chips & Flips choir is based in Großstadelhofen and rehearses in the village community center.
Economy and Infrastructure
Großstadelhofen used to be characterized almost exclusively by agriculture. In the meantime, various companies and craft businesses have settled here. Most noticeable is the ZG-Agrar in Krähenried with its large silos. The number of full-time farmers, on the other hand, has fallen sharply. However, two direct marketers are known: the Naturland poultry farm in Großstadelhofen and the potato farm in Kleinstadelhofen. 
In the Wolfsgrube is the forest and meadow kindergarten in the middle of the great outdoors. 
- Makeleta Stephan (* 1978), Tongan cross-country skier and World Cup participant (2015)
- Ernst Stecher († 2001), won gold in crossbow shooting at the 1987 World Cup for the German national team.    
- Großstadelhofen on the website of the city of Pfullendorf
- Großstadelhofen (old community / suburb) on the pages of www.leo-bw.de (regional information system for Baden-Württemberg)
- Map of the district marking of Großstadelhofen on: State Agency for the Environment Baden-Württemberg (LUBW) ( information )
- Map of the village of Großstadelhofen and its surroundings on: Geoportal Baden-Württemberg ( information )
- Districts on the website of the City of Pfullendorf , accessed on June 3, 2015.
- Pfullendorf d) Großstadelhofen. In: The state of Baden-Württemberg. Official description by district and municipality. Volume VII: Tübingen administrative region. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 1978, ISBN 3-17-004807-4 , p. 836 f.
- Kirsten Johanson (kaj): Großstadelhofen: Ideal for people who are close to nature . In: Südkurier . 19th May 2015.
- The Egelsee-Ried nature reserve on the website of the BUND local association Pfullendorf; accessed on 21st 2015
- Großstadelhofen on the website of the city of Pfullendorf
- The Württemberg Document Book, Volume III., No. N24, pp. 483–484.
- Kurt Schremm: The Pfullendorfer list . Lecture on July 16, 2011 at the conference “1000 Years of Ramsberg History” in Herdwangen-Schönach.
- Großstadelhofen. In: Maren Kuhn-Rehfus : The Cistercian convent forest . (= Germania Sacra . New episode 30: The dioceses of the ecclesiastical province of Mainz. The diocese of Constance. Volume 3). Walter de Gruyter, Berlin / New York 1992, ISBN 3-11-013449-7 , p. 387.
- Jürgen Witt (jüw): The farmers were once serfs . In: Südkurier. May 18, 2015.
- Jürgen Witt (jüw): Museum Association shows flag with second home booklet . In: Südkurier. 19th July 2014.
- Max Bingen: Überlinger See and Linzgau. In: Badische Heimat magazine. Annual journal 1936.
- Empress Hildegard in Großstadelhofen. In: Theodor Lachmann (ed.): Überlinger sagas, customs and customs with historical explanations: A contribution to the folklore of the Baden lake region . Ackermann, Konstanz 1909, pp. 187–189.
- Theodor Lachmann (Ed.): Sagen und Customs at Überlinger See . Verlag AH Konrad, Weißenhorn 1972, ISBN 3-87437-089-5 , p. 133f.
- Edwin Ernst Weber: Ostrach and its boundaries - a boundary stone museum is being built at the interface of the south-west state. In: Association for History, Culture and Regional Studies Hohenzollern (Ed.): Hohenzollerische Heimat, 52nd year, No. 2 / June 2002 . Title page and pp. 18–20.
- Kurt Schremm: The "German Emperor" in the "old hospital" . Guided tour on Monument Day on September 14, 2008, p. 36.
- Kurt Schremm: "Pfullendorff, a realm instead of located in Upper Swabia" . In: Communications of the Upper Swabian Society. Vol. 6, 2004, pp. 47-56.
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality register for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27th, 1970 to December 31st, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 504.
- http://www.salem-baden.de/fileadmin/Dateien/Dateien/bbs2011.pdf (link not available)
- Jürgen Witt (jüw): That's what citizens say about Großstadelhofen . In: Südkurier. May 22, 2015.
- excursion. History circle visits peasant museum. In: Südkurier. October 20, 2010.
- Kirsten Johanson (kaj): Living in beautiful nature . In: Südkurier. 19th May 2015.
- championships for crossbow shooters: rain of medals on Lake Constance shooters . In: Schwäbische Zeitung . June 24, 2002.
- Gold in the sights: Menninger Schützen at DM in Munich . In: Schwäbische Zeitung. August 23, 2003.
- Schützenverein Daisendorf (Ed.): 25 years SVD . Festschrift, Daisendorf 1989.