.hamburg - AOK Rheinland/Hamburg
|category||Neue Top-Level-Domain (New gTLD)|
|Registry||Hamburg Top-Level-Domain GmbH|
|Award||unlimited for hamburgers|
|number||0.023  Mio.|
.hamburg is a new top-level domain for Internet addresses (domains) for companies, organizations and private individuals with reference to the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, similar to the .de domain for Internet addresses with reference to Germany. The administration of the domain is done by the Hamburg top-level domain GmbH , a company with seven partners, including the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.
The operator of .hamburg relies on strong local patriotism in the Hanseatic city. In contrast to the capital city ending .berlin , the local administration supported the top-level domain from the start. 
At the start of .hamburg, Hamburg's First Mayor Olaf Scholz welcomed the project: “We supported the project and are happy that it can now really start. The new Top Level Domain offers a variety of new opportunities for citizens and companies of the Hamburg metropolitan region to present themselves in the digital world with a regional reference and at the same time to identify with the Hamburg location. " 
The Senate Chancellery has disclosed the cooperation agreement concluded with Hamburg Top-Level-Domain GmbH. In the contract, both parties undertake to operate the domain "in the interests of Hamburg as a location and the Hamburg metropolitan region". 
The city of Hamburg has secured a comprehensive say in .hamburg. 
A .hamburg domain can be between one and 63 characters long. The domain name may only consist of the letters a to z, the digits 0 to 9 and hyphens, whereby the name may neither begin nor end with a hyphen. For internationalized domain names (IDN), the maximum length is defined by RFCs 5890 and 5891. 
- new gTLD Statistics: .hamburg In: ntldstats.com , accessed on January 15, 2018.
- Stefan Mey: Moin Moin, .hamburg: Second German City TLD is online In: heise.de , accessed on January 17, 2018.
- hamburg.de: Starting shot for top-level domain .hamburg In: hamburg.de , accessed on January 17, 2018.
- Hamburg contract In: fragdenstaat.de , accessed on January 17, 2018.
- Andreas Grieß: Many rights, few obligations In: zeit.de , accessed on January 17, 2018.
- Registration guidelines In: nic.hamburg , accessed on January 19, 2018 (PDF; 66 kB, p. 2)