Héctor Quintanilla (actor) - Héctor Quintanilla (actor)
|Birth name||Hector Pedro Quintanilla|
April 29, 1893 |
December 1, 1961 (68 years) |
Buenos Aires , Argentina
|Sons|| Zoraida (n.1922) |
He began his acting career in Spain where he filmed around 80 silent films for the Condal Film in Barcelona , among which are The Sign of the Tribe (1914) and A la pesca de los 45 million (1916). Upon returning to Argentina, he made his debut at the Teatro Comedia de Rosario , province of Santa Fe and then continued to perform at the Maipo and Variedades theaters in Buenos Aires in magazines , sainetes and zarzuelas . Quintanilla also performed as a duo with Carlos Enríquez .
He worked in the talkies of Argentina from his early years, beginning with Los tres berretines and Dancing , both from 1933. In general, his roles referred to clueless and talkative characters and the last film in which he participated was The last cow-boy of 1954.
When the Argentine Actors Union was created in 1934, which later in 1937 merged with the Argentine Association of Actors , Héctor Quintanilla was one of the first leaders of that entity.
Quintanilla died in Buenos Aires, Argentina on December 1, 1961.
- The last cow-boy (1954)
- The rogue cinderella (1951)
- Don Fulgencio (The Man Who Had No Childhood) (1950)
- Marijuana (1950) Chevrolet
- The boat leaves at ten (1948)
- The White Horse Inn (1948)
- Lucrecia Borgia (1947)
- The Dance of Fortune (1944) Don Aquiles
- Captain Venom (1943)
- The House of Millions (1942)
- Mist in the Creek (1942)
- Tomorrow I commit suicide (1942)
- Daddy's Got a Girlfriend (1941)
- Ladies' hairdresser (1941)
- The Unhappiest in Town (1941)
- Company Lady (1940)
- My Fortune for a Grandson (1940)
- Candida's Jealousy (1940)
- Margarita, Armando and his father (1939)… Atila's Horse
- Round of Stars (1938)
- The Gossip Girl (1938)
- The house of Quirós (1937)
- Giles' Gunboat (1937)
- The town already has a commissioner (1936)
- Radio Bar (1936)
- The three berretines (1933)
- Dancing (1933)
- Fishing for 45 million (1916)
- The Fatal Dance (1915)
- Baturros tales (1915)
- The sign of the tribe (1914) .... Garabito
- Manrupe, Raúl; Portela, María Alejandra (2001). A dictionary of Argentine films (1930-1995) . Buenos Aires, Editorial Corregidor. ISBN 950-05-0896-6 .
- Blanco Pazos, Roberto; Raúl Clemente (1997). Dictionary of Argentine cinema actors 1933-1997 (1st edition). Buenos Aires Editions Corregidor. p. 366. ISBN 950-05-1205-X .