Javier Merino - Javier Merino
|Birth name||Francisco Javier Merino Córdova|
February 28, 1994 (26 years old) |
Áncash , Peru
|Educated in||Saint Ignatius of Loyola University|
|Occupation||Cultural manager, communicator, playwright, actor and theater director.|
|Distinctions||National Dramaturgy Contest 2018, recognition of artistic growth by the Diez Talentos Cultural Association 2018, Best Script at the USIL 2019 Audiovisual Festival, Best Director at the 2019 Critical Office Awards.|
Son of the Superior Chief Technician of the Peruvian Army Francisco Javier Merino Abanto, at the age of 15 he entered the National University Federico Villarreal to study Political Science , a career that he left at two years to study acting with the prominent Peruvian actor and director Bruno Odar . At the same time, he is studying Comprehensive Communication at the San Ignacio de Loyola Institute. In 2015 he studied acting with the renowned Peruvian theater director David Carrillo at the Plan 9 Cultural Association, an association that Carrillo formed together with the filmmaker Giovanni Ciccia . After this he studied dramaturgy with the veteran playwright Alonso Alegríaand later with the prolific Peruvian playwright Federico Abrill. Then, in 2018, he decided to complement his Communications and Advertising career at the San Ignacio de Loyola University .
In 2016, he decided to direct and co-produce the play El abanico de Lady Windermere , by the famous Irish playwright and writer Oscar Wilde at the Julieta Theater in Miraflores [ 3 ] . In June he founded the physical magazine Café Society, specialized in art and culture, the same one that he would later take to digital. That same year he directed the first, and now deceased, national actors Enrique Victoria and Claudia Dammert in the play La Carta , by Marcos Gamboa Loayza [ 4 ] . After this, he acted in the play Love & Chill , by David Carrillo and Federico Abrill, directed by David Carrillo. 2017 is called byBruno Odar to act on the work Superstorm [ 5 ] , Giuseppe Albatrino [ 6 ] [ 7 ] . This same year he directed the play Pequeñas Certezas at the Mocha Graña Theater [ 8 ] , by the Mexican playwright Bárbara Colio. That same year he directed the play The Last Summer , written by Cristhian Palomino [ 9 ] and based on the best-seller by Ann Meyers , Ethan between us . A few months later he is called to belong to the group Cuéntame Shakespeare, directed byBruno Odar . It is with this group that Othello works ; Hamlet ; The Taming of the Shrew , and Much noise and few nuts [ 10 ] in the auditoriums of the British Peruvian Cultural Association and in the Municipal Theater of Lima ; all by the English playwright William Shakespeare , adapted and directed by Bruno Odar .
In the summer of 2018 he directed the play Medium Animal , by Cristhian Palomino, and starring Amparo Brambilla [ 11 ] . After this he directed the play Bandolero & Malasangre by the Venezuelan writer Gustavo Ott at the Lima Theater Club [ 12 ] . This year away from the theater to handle the communications strategy of the political campaign of the district of Ate (the third largest district in population of the Peru ), along with the candidate Juan Enrique Dupuy García [ 13 ] [ 14 ] .
In 2019 he gave life to La Criatura in the play Frankenstein , by Mary Shelley , and directed by Bruno Odar at the Ricardo Palma Cultural Center in Miraflores. That same year he produced together with businessman Gary Prialé and directed his play Magia en una Lima de noche [ 15 ] , which received positive comments from national critics and was nominated for Best Director, Best Play, Best Supporting Actor ( José Dammert ) and Best Supporting Actress (Jackeline Felipe), in the 2019 Critical Office awards.
Merino has directed leading actors of the stature of Enrique Victoria , Claudia Dammert , Tatiana Espinoza, Amparo Brambilla and Reynaldo Arenas [ 16 ] . As well as young and prominent actors on the national scene such as Ekaterina Konycheva, Daniela Feijoó [ 17 ] , Paris Pesrantes, José Dammert , Malory Vargas [ 18 ] and Christian Suito.
Awards, honors and nominations
|2011||ISIL story contest||Best story||Common and Current||Winner|
|2018||National Playwriting Competition organized by the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima [ 19 ]||Best Dramaturgy||Magic in a Lima at night||Winner|
|2018||Recognition for Artistic Growth by the Diez Talentos Cultural Association||Recognition||The same||Awarded|
|2019||FAU Awards of the Audiovisual Festival of the San Ignacio de Loyola University||Best screenplay||How agnostic sex can be||Winner|
|2019||Critical Office Awards for the best of the national theater 2019||Best Director [ 20 ]||Magic in a Lima at night||Winner|
|2019||Critical Office Awards for the best of the national theater 2019||Best Editing||Magic in a Lima at night||Nominated|
- José Antonio Japa Rojas. «Javier Merino:" The magic of theater is that you can tell what you want " » . www.poramoralarte.lamula.pe . «Now I only do it for a passionate theme. I feel the theater as a lover. I know that you can make a living from the theater. It's hard? Of course yes! But it is possible to live on this.
- Josselin Vásquez (July 17, 2019). «Javier Merino:“ Children should be encouraged to consume theater ”» . www.larepublica.pe . “Despite having more cultural spaces, the theater's audience has increased very little. Our job is to unite people with culture. "
- «Work" The fan of Lady Windermere "is headed by the first actor Reynaldo Arenas» . www.larepublica.pe . 2016.
- «THE LETTER» . http://microteatrolima.com/ . 2016.
- "SUPER STORM - INTERVIEW - MICROTHEATER" . www.youtube.com . April 21, 2017.
- "SuperTormenta» . www.microteatrolima.com . 2017.
- Eduardo Gallegos (2017). «'I had no friction with my colleagues'» . www.ojo.pe .
- Peru.com newsroom (June 15, 2017). «Small Certainties: discover more of this work here» . www.peru.com .
- " ' The last summer', a theater story about social compression and inclusion" . www.laprensa.peru.com . August 28, 2017.
- Publimetro Editorial Office (July 5, 2019). "Bruno Odar directs play that will be presented free of charge at the Británico" . www.publimetro.pe .
- «Amparo Brambilla and Cristhian Palomino return to Microteatro Lima with“ Duelo de reinas ”» . www.peru.com .
- Infoartes (June 27, 2018). "BANDOLERO & MALASANGRE (unipersonal) theatrical premiere at the THEATER CLUB" . http://www.infoartes.pe/ .
- "Ate: Cuéllar and Dupuy in a technical draw, according to exit points" . www.peru21.pe . October 7, 2018.
- «Ate: Edde Cuéllar and Enrique Dupuy in a technical tie for mayor» . www.gestion.pe . October 7, 2018.
- USIL LIFE (July 5, 2019). «He meets Javier Merino, a USIL student who directs“ Magic in a Lima at Night ”» . www.usillife.pe . «'The actors have a lot of brilliance on stage and I like to be the one who guides that brilliance and adapts it to the main idea of each play'».
- El Popular (January 31, 2020). «Reynaldo Arenas heads the work“ El Abanico de Lady Windermere ”» . www.elpopular.pe .
- Daniel Medianero (June 30, 2019). «Daniela Feijoó:“ My alma mater is the theater and the presence of the audience vibrating with you is an indescribable feeling ”» . www.exitosanoticias.pe .
- «Season of 'The last summer' ends» . www.expreso.com.pe . September 28, 2017.
- «MUNICIPALITY OF LIMA PRESENTS THE PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL» . www.infoartes.pe . November 21, 2018.
- Sergio Velarde (March 11, 2020). "Interview: JAVIER MERINO" . http://eloficiocritico.blogspot.com/ . "We think people are going to laugh at one point and laugh at another moment that we don't think they would."