Javier Miranda Martinez - Javier Miranda Martínez
|Javier Miranda Martinez|
|20th President of the Osasuna Athletic Club|
|Predecessor||Juan Luis Irigaray|
|Birth|| March 15 , 1954 |
Vitoria , Spain
|Death|| As March 26 as 2019(65 years old) |
Pamplona ( Spain )
|Cause of death||Cancer|
|Employer||Osasuna Athletic Club|
Miranda was a hospitality entrepreneur who lived as a child in the Rochapea neighborhood of Pamplona .
The 29 of January of 1998 he was president of the CA Osasuna , after winning election to his opponent Pedro Pegenaute . His presidency at the head of the rojillo club was not without controversy due to various events that occurred during his presidency. He confronted the police in defense of two partners, which were prevented entry to the stadium [ 3 ] by bathing in the beach of La Concha [ 4 ] [ 5 ] or by certain statements in media interviews Communication. [ 6 ]
From a sporting point of view, during his tenure the so-called " Gancedo Case " occurred, where he had to mediate to reduce the media impact [ 7 ] and was promoted to the First Division by coach Miguel Ángel Lotina [ 8 ] after six seasons in 2nd Division .
Miranda was married with two children and three grandchildren. [ 1 ]
- Editorial team (March 27, 2019). "The former president of Osasuna Javier Miranda dies" . Navarra Newspaper (Pamplona) . Retrieved March 27, 2019 .
- Club Atlético Osasuna (Ed.): History of presidents. Archived December 31, 2014, at the Wayback Machine .
- El Mundo: A policeman denounces the president of Osasuna.
- Gara: The «Basque-Navarrese conspiracy»
- Real Sociedad: Miranda bathed in La Concha
- El País: Javier Miranda President of the Osasuna Athletic Club: "I want Osasuna to be the meeting place of a plural society"
- Diario AS: Miranda settles the Gancedo case: The president has ended the controversy by supporting both the coach and the player.
- Diario de Navarra: Miguel Ángel Lotina will always be well remembered in Osasuna
Juan Luis Irigaray
| President of Club Atlético Osasuna |
1998 - 2002