Javier Negrete - Javier Negrete
|Birth|| 1964 |
Madrid , Spain
|Occupation||Professor , novelist .|
|Genders||Science fiction , Heroic fantasy , History , Mythology .|
With a degree in Classical Philology, Negrete has been a Greek teacher (since 1991, and currently in 2019, he teaches at the Gabriel y Galán de Plasencia Secondary Education Institute ) and his novels are mainly of the fantasy and science fiction genre , although he has also successfully ventured into the erotic novel .
His literary career began with the publication of the short novel La luna quieta , which appeared in the first anthology of the UPC prize for science fiction in 1991, for which he was a finalist. At the same contest, Negrete also presented the story In the belly of the whale .
Lux Aeterna deserved a special mention in the 1995 UPC award edition. The following year, she published Nox Perpetua , with a much more adventurous character than her previous works, framing herself in the classic adventure literature.
In 1997 Memory of the dragon appears , a novel that moves in the field of youth fantasy literature. That same year his first long novel, La Mirada de las furias , was published and won the Ignotus prize.
In 2000 he finally won the UPC award with the story Seeker of shadows . Three years later, he published Héroes de Kalanum , considered by some to be a young adult novel. That same year he presented for the UPC award his short novel El mito de Er , which would finally win the Ignotus award. Another great success of hers in 2003 was The Beloved of the Gods, a finalist for the vertical smile award , which is awarded to the best erotic works.
In 2003 he made a radical change and demonstrated his ample gifts for heroic fantasy with his novel The sword of fire . It is a fantastic story that revolves around Zemal, the legendary flaming sword forged by the Gods. Dead its previous carrier, begins the race to get it. The greatest masters of the sword, the tahedorans, will have to face each other for the ultimate prize. Derguín Gorión, a young tahedorán, accompanied by powerful friends, enters the battle for the sword. In front of him, the most fearsome of enemies, Togul Barok, the chosen one of the gods, the man with double pupils. The sword of fireIt was a great sales and critical success, also being acclaimed in France. Actually, it is the first novel by Negrete, who at the age of seventeen tried to publish it under the title La jauca de la buena fortuna , but found no response from the publishers. Disappointed, he hid it in a drawer until he decided to take it up again, completely rewriting it. Later the second part of the novel - The spirit of the magician , another best-seller -, which is intended as a trilogy.
In 2006 Señores del Olimpo , which takes up one of the themes with which Javier Negrete is best, Greek mythology, won the first award in the Minotaur Fantasy Award. This novel is the story of the confrontation between Zeus and Typhon , a winged demon.
The following year he published Alexander the Great and the Eagles of Rome , a uchrony in which Alexander the Great sets out to conquer the West by facing the Roman legions. This work marks a certain transition towards the historical novel, a genre to which he dedicated his next novel: Salamina (2008), in which he narrates the events surrounding the famous naval battle.
In 2009 he returned to Classical Greece with the publication of an essay on his history: The great adventure of the Greeks and a year later Atlantis sees the light , a Techno-thriller in which the protagonists find the exact location of the lost continent. In mid-2010, the imminent publication of the conclusion of his Tramorea series: The Dream of the Gods was also announced . Later, the author himself announced that this conclusion would be divided into two parts: the aforementioned The Dream of the Gods and The Heart of Tramorea , published in October 2010 and May 2011, respectively. [ 1 ]
- 1992 - La luna quieta (short novel, 1991 UPC Prize anthology ) ISBN 978-84-406-2712-4
- 1993 - State Twilight [ 2 ] ISBN 978-84-95741-27-1
- 1996 - Nox perpetua (novel cuts) ISBN 978-84-348-6551-8
- 1996 - Lux Aeterna (short novel, 1995 UPC Prize anthology ) ISBN 978-84-406-6236-1
- 1997 - The Look of the Furies ISBN 978-84-406-7363-3
- 2000 - Memory of Dragon ISBN 978-84-236-7515-9
- 2001 - Seeker of shadows (short novel, 2000 UPC Prize anthology ) ISBN 978-84-666-0296-9
- 2002 - The myth of Er (short novel, 2001 UPC Prize anthology ) ISBN 978-84-666-0622-6
- 2003 - Los héroes de Kalanúm (reissued by Espasa in 2011) ISBN 978-84-670-3617-6
- 2003 - Beloved of the Gods ISBN 978-84-8310-965-6
- 2006 - Lords of Olympus [ 3 ] ISBN 978-84-450-7586-9
- 2007 - Great Alexander and the eagles of Rome [ 4 ] [ 5 ] ISBN 978-84-450-7648-4
- 2008 - Salamina ISBN 978-84-670-2667-2
- 2010 - Atlantis ISBN 978-84-670-3160-7
- 2012 - La Zona (In collaboration with Juan Miguel Aguilera ) ISBN 978-84-670-3712-8
- 2012 - Daughter of the Nile ISBN 978-84-670-0765-7
- 2017 - El Espartano ISBN 978-84-670-4775-2
- 2019 - Odyssey ISBN 978-84-670-5346-3
- 2003 - The flaming sword [ 8 ] [ 9 ] ISBN 978-84-450-7452-7
- 2005 - The spirit of the magician [ 10 ] ISBN 978-84-450-7539-5
- 2010 - The dream of the gods ISBN 978-84-450-7789-4 [ 11 ]
- 2011 - The heart of Tramorea ISBN 978-84-450-7829-7 [ 12 ]
- 1995 The Strange Journey of Professor Búdurflai
- 1995 In the country of Oneiros
- 1998 Convergent evolution
- 2005 Malib, City of Queen Samikir (short story)
- 2005 Seeker of Shadows. The still moon (Compilation of the two short novels) ISBN 978-84-450-7560-9
- 2014 Tomorrow still. Twelve dystopias for the XXI century . Editor: Ricard Ruiz Garzón. Authors: Juan Miguel Aguilera , Elia Barceló , Emilio Bueso , Laura Gallego , Rodolfo Martínez , José María Merino , Rosa Montero , Juan Jacinto Muñoz Rengel , Javier Negrete , Félix J. Palma , Marc Pastor and Susana Vallejo . Fantascy: 2014.
- 2015 Scraps of the past: Anthology of historical stories . Authors: Javier Negrete , Teo Palacios , Sebastián Roa , Magdalena Lasala , José de Cora Paradela , Francisco Narla , Manuel Sánchez-Sevilla , Mado Martínez , Carla Montero , Olalla García , Ramón Muñoz , Carlos Aurensanz , Miguel Aceytuno , Nerea Riesco , Carolina Molina , Ricard Ibáñez , María Pilar Queralt del Hierro ,Javier Pellicer , Concepción Perea
- 2009 The Great Adventure of the Greeks ISBN 978-84-973-4813-3
- 2011 Victorious Rome ISBN 978-84-9970-109-7
- 2013 Roma invicta ISBN 978-84-9970-752-5
- 2018 The Roman conquest of Hispania ISBN 978-84-9164-245-9
- 1991 : UPC for The Still Moon
- 1994 : Ignotus Award for Best Short Story for Twilight State
- 1998 : Ignotus Award for Best Novel for The Look of the Furies
- 2000 : UPC by Shadow Seeker
- 2003 : Ignotus Award for Best Short Novel for The Myth of Er
- 2004 : Bob Morane (France) for The Myth of Er
- 2006 : Minotaur by Lords of Olympus [ 13 ]
- 2008 : Celsius 232 Award (science fiction and fantasy novel) of the Black Week of Gijón for Alexander the Great and the Eagles of Rome
- 2008 : Prix Européen Utopiales by Lords of Olympus [ 14 ]
- 2009 : Prize Spartacus (historical novel) of the Black Week of Gijón by Salamina [ 15 ]
- Statement from Javier Negrete
- Twilight State Fragment
- Lords of Olympus Fragment
- Promotional video of Alexander the Great and the Eagles of Rome
- Fragment of Alexander the Great and the Eagles of Rome
- Salamina's presentation by Javier Negrete
- Fragment of Salamis
- Fire Sword Trailer
- Fragment of The Fire Sword
- Fragment of The Spirit of the Magician
- Promotional video for The Dream of the Gods
- Promotional video of The Heart of Tramorea
- «Minotauro Award 2006» . Retrieved August 26, 2011 .
- «Prix Européen Utopiales» (in French) . Retrieved August 26, 2011 .
- «Awards of the XXII Black Week of Gijón, 2009» . Archived from the original on September 22, 2010 . Retrieved August 26, 2011 .