Javier Sánchez Menendez - Javier Sánchez Menéndez
|Javier Sánchez Menendez|
|Birth|| 1964 |
Puerto Real , Cádiz
|Occupation||Poet, essayist, editor.|
Javier Sánchez Menéndez (1964) is a Spanish poet, essayist and editor. Both his poetry and his prose, fully versified, constitute a constant reflection on life and on its highest form of expression and dignity: poetry. Therefore all his work is considered essentially poetic.
He has translated Las Ventanas by Rainer Maria Rilke into Spanish (Barcelona, Hora de Poesía, 1986). His poems, and some of his essays, have been translated into various languages. He is a regular contributor to various media as a columnist and literary critic. [ 3 ]
Javier Sánchez Menéndez cultivates poetry, poetic prose (indiscernible), aphorism and the metaphysical reflection essay. He currently resides in Seville .
Javier Sánchez Menéndez is, in his own words, a poet of existence, [ 4 ] whose style could be described as post-expressionist.
Fable. A set of ten books on poetry about poetry
With appearance, with mere appearance, of prose, the Fable project is the great poetic work of Javier Sánchez Menéndez, the work of a lifetime. It is a work in progress, a set of ten books (written in verses of different metrics), about poetry and around its subject: art and life itself. The first five volumes have already seen the light:
- 1. Book one: Life around (2010).
- 2. Book two: Theory of inclinations (2012).
- 3. Book third: Free from the storm (2013).
- 4. Book Four: Noon at Kensington Park (2015).
- 5. Fifth book: Confusing labyrinth (2016).
- 6. Sixth book: Cradle and grave. (2018).
The remaining titles in the series, as announced in published books, will be titled:
- 7. Book seven: On nature.
- 8. Book eight: Nicanorias.
- 9. Book nine: Labyrinth.
- 10. Book 10: Fable . Includes the appendix The Fable Book .
Poetic prose (poetry)
The poetic prose Sanchez Menendez, is nothing other than poetry , where the dominant lines are the heptasílabo, the Alexandrian pentameter, octosyllable and free verse. In particular, Life Around , Theory of Inclinations , Free from the Storm , Noon in Kensington Park , Confused Labyrinth and The Book of the Indolents (the latter in trilogy form: 1. The meeting at Camarinal , 2. Saúl, the black angel , and 3. The flight ), detailed below, are before the common reader and the expert reader (that is, magazines, editorials) apoetry with the appearance of prose , rather than poetic prose. It is, really, a continuation (rigorously versified), of his constant reflection on life, thought and its natural expression: poetry and art. About this book Carlos Alcorta tells us: "because" confusion is not perplexity, it is the wandering of poetry. "The importance of the gaze and the author's willingness to be recipient, not substance, the will to contemplate the minuscule, the irrelevant to shape that elusive identity are the claims of this multifaceted book. The way of looking determines the way of being. "I have learned to observe what cannot be seen. The hidden and dangerous," Sánchez Menéndez writes. " [ 5 ]
Complete works of the author
- Motivos , Moguer (Huelva), Moguer City Council, 1983.
- Defeat and death to the heroes , Valencia, Abalorio, 1988.
- The wet violin , Barcelona, Seuba, 1991.
- Introduction and details , Madrid, Betania, 1991.
- Last sanity , in "Contiguous Journey", Madrid, Betania, 1993.
- The hidden death , Collection "Arca del Ateneo", Córdoba, Ateneo de Córdoba, 1996.
- An approximation to bewilderment , Seville, SIM-Libros, 2011.
- An approach to confusion (v.2.0) , Seville, SIM-Libros, 2011.
- Words are missing in the dictionary (Poemas chosen 1983-2011) , Madrid, Libros del Aire, 2011.
- Cartoons , Seville, La Isla de Siltolá, 2011.
- The wet violin , Madrid, Libros del Aire, 2013. Introduction by Rocío Fernández Berrocal.
- For pleasing my superiors (Poetic Anthology) , Seville, Ediciones En Huida, 2014.
- The hidden death , Seville, Vitela, 2014. Second edition. Prologue by Antonio Colinas and epilogue by Tomás Rodríguez Reyes. This edition includes an unpublished poem from 1987 that did not appear in the Cordovan edition, "One word only."
- Forgive the frankness , Córdoba, Detorres Editores, 2015.
- Forty-three poems (Personal Anthology) , Colombia, Gamar Editores, 2016.
- The devil's dance , Seville, Editorial Renacimiento, Calle del Aire Collection, 2017.
- Also living requires an epitaph (Poetic Anthology 1983-2017), Edition of José Luis Morante. Albacete, Shamán Editores, 2018.
Poetic prose (poetry in verse)
- Fable . Work in ten books (in progress).
- The life around , Seville, The Island of Siltolá, Álogos Collection, 2010. First book of Fable .
- Theory of Inclinations , Valencina de la Concepción (Seville), Los Papeles del Sitio, 2012. Second book of Fable . [ 6 ]
- 9/06/2012: Europa Press
- 06/09/2012: The Information 
- 06/09/2012: 20 Minutes 
- 06/09/2012: La Vanguardia 
- 06/09/2012: The Economist 
- 06/9/2012: QUÉ ! 
- 06/09/2012: Antón Castro 
- 20/06/2012: Gregorio Luri 
- 23/06/2012: José Manuel Mora Fandos 
- 06/23/2012: Globedia 
- 06/26/2012: Álvaro Valverde 
- 06/28/2012: Antonio Rivero Taravillo 
- 07/09/2012: José Luis Piquero 
- 07/25/2012: Rocío Fernández Berrocal 
- 8/7/2012: Tomás Rodríguez Reyes 
- 08/05/2012: The reason 
- 10/27/2012: Cuadernos del Sur ( Diario Córdoba ) 
- 10/30/2012: Antonio Moreno Ayora (on Literary Paper )
- Free from the storm , Seville, La Isla de Siltolá, 2013. Third book of Fable . [ 7 ]
- Noon at Kensington Park , Seville, Siltolá Island Editions, 2015. Fourth Book of Fable .
- New edition: Midday in Kensington Park , San José (Costa Rica), Editorial Germinal, 2015.
- Translation into Italian: Mezzogiorno in Kensington Park , Rimini (Italy), Raffaelli Editore, 2015. Traducción de Annamaria Tomasicchio.
- Confusing Labyrinth , Seville, Editorial Renacimiento, Los Cuatro Vientos Collection, 2016. Fifth Book of Fable . [ 8 ] [ 9 ] [ 10 ] [ 11 ]
- From cradle and grave , Guipúzcoa, Editorial El Gallo de Oro, 2018. Sixth book of Fable.
- The book of the indolent . Trilogy. [ 12 ]
- 1. The meeting in Camarinal , Miami, USA, Imagine Cloud Editions, 2013.
- 2. Saúl, the black angel , Miami, USA, Imagine Cloud Editions, 2015.
- 3. The flight, Plaza and Valdés editores, 2015.
- The book of the indolent , Complete work , includes the three books, Madrid, Plaza and Valdés editores, 2015.
- Artilugios , Cádiz, Takara Editorial, 2017.
- The joy of the imperfect , Gijón, Editorial TREA, 2017.
- Concept , Seville, Editions of La Isla de Siltolá, 2019.
- Ethics for mediocre people , Seville, Editions of La Isla de Siltolá, 2020.
- On Literature and Art , Seville, Cuadernos de la Memoria, 1986.
- God and the University , Madrid and Mexico, Word Editions, 1989.
- For a theory of aphorism , Gijón, Editorial TREA, 2020.
- Author of the study and the anthology: Contemporary Poetry in Seville (Study and Anthology) , Third Supplement of Pasarela, Seville, Pasarela-Libros, 1987.
- Co-author of the study and the anthology: Poesía Sevillana 1950-1990 (Study and Anthology) , Pedro Rodríguez Pacheco and Javier Sánchez Menéndez (edd.), Sevilla, Muñoz Moya and Montraveta editores, 1992.
- Editor of: Pluralities. Poetic Anthology of Antonio Hernández , Seville, Guadalmena, 1992.
- Co-editor of: Poetry for children from 4 to 120 years (Anthology of Contemporary Authors) , edition by Jesús Cotta, José María Jurado and Javier Sánchez Menéndez, Seville, La Isla de Siltolá , Water Collection, 2010.
- Editor of: Terapia de locos [Anthology (2012-1983) and unpublished poems] by Osvaldo Sauma , Seville, La Isla de Siltolá , 2017.
- Editor of: Poemas de María Zambrano , Seville, La Isla de Siltolá, 2018.
- The Windows of Rainer Maria Rilke, Barcelona, Poetry Hour, 1986.
- 8 Tips to get out of the Crisis , Seville, Extravagances, 2011.
- I want to be an official teacher! (in collaboration with David de la Fuente), Seville, Extravagancias, 2011.
Collaborator in the media
- To live that is two days , Cadena Ser.
- Huelva Information and other means of the Joly Group.
- Cuadernos del Sur , Diario Córdoba .
- La Voz Digital, Javier Sánchez Menéndez: "Poetry demands a process of constant improvement" .
- EuropaPress The magazine 'Isla de Siltolá' is born to give "greater diffusion to current Spanish and Latin American poetic creation" .
- 1. DVDediciones.com, Javier Sánchez Menéndez. 2. Huelva Information, Javier Sánchez Menéndez , 3. Diario Córdoba , Javier Sánchez Menéndez.
- Javier Sánchez Menéndez, interview in Diario de Cádiz, January 23, 2012.
- Carlos Alcorta, 'Confused Labyrinth'.
- 05/22/2012: Javier Pérez Walias, Reviews of Theory of inclinations (2012).
- 04/04/2013: Critical Status, Reviews of 'Free from the Storm' (2013).
- Martín López-Vega, "The book of peace by Javier Sánchez Menéndez", El Cultural of the newspaper El Mundo . 11, 4, 2016.
- Carlos Alcorta, Confused Labyrinth .
- Álvaro Valverde, "El Confuso laberinto' de JSM (I)'".
- Review in Caocultura : Confusing labyrinth . Javier Sánchez Menéndez. Renaissance. Seville, 2016.
- Review of Álvaro Valverde, "The confusing labyrinth of JSM (and II)" , on the 'Book of the indolent'.