|Birth|| As maypole 23 as 1981 |
Madrid , Spain
|Occupation||Writer , translator , columnist|
|Movement||Contemporary Spanish Literature|
Javier Vela ( Madrid , 1981 ) became known in 2003 with the award of the Adonais Prize . Since then, his career as a writer has been honored with numerous awards. Graduated in Theory of Literature and Comparative Literature from the Complutense University of Madrid , he is the author of the books Time in (Acantilado, 2006); Imaginario (Visor, 2009), for which he received the Loewe Award for Young Creation and the Madrid Critics Award ; Ofelia and other moons (Hiperión, 2012), Hotel Origen (Pre-Textos, 2015) and Fable(Lara Foundation, Vandalia, 2017). His are also two works that explore the frontiers between poetry, fiction and thought: the short story book Pequeñas sediciones (Menoscuarto, 2017) and Libro de las mascaras (Pre-Textos, 2018), volume of aphorisms and mystifications of apocryphal tradition. In his role as a translator, he has brought to our language works in verse and prose such as El viaje de Grecia , by Jean Moréas (Pre-Textos, 2010), or Alfabeto , by Paul Valéry (Pre-Textos, 2018). The Earth is Forever (Maclein and Parker, 2019) is her first novel.
- It is still late (poems). Diputación de Cádiz, 2003.
- The hour of twilight (poems). Rialp, 2004.
- Uncreated, the world (poems). Algaida, 2005.
- Time in (poems). Cliff, 2006.
- Imaginary (poems). Visor, 2009.
- Ophelia and other moons (poems). Hyperion, 2012.
- Hotel Origen (poems). Pre-Texts, 2015.
- Fable (poems). Vandalia, Lara Foundation, 2017.
- Little seditions (stories). Less fourth, 2017.
- Book of Masks (aphorisms). Pre-Texts, 2018.
- The earth is forever (novel). Maclein and Parker, 2019.
- "Exams time". Eñe Magazine , No. 10, "Desire", Madrid, 2007, pp. 98-100.
- «Personal affections», Clarín: Magazine of New Literature , No. 83, Oviedo, 2009, pp. 34-36.
- Nothing around. With illustrations by Irma Álvarez-Laviada. From the Editors Center, Madrid, 2012.
- "The symbolic legacy of Vicente Aleixandre", in Vicente Aleixandre. 25 years later . International Letter, No. 104, 2009.
- "Valente or the bell of glass", in Roots birds. Around José Ángel Valente . Abada Editores, 2010.
- "The journey of Jean Moréas", in The journey of Greece . Pre-Texts, 2010.
- "Pantheist heritage in 'The yellow house' by Miguel Hernández", in Does not know how to walk slowly , Jesús Aguado (ed.), Diputación de Málaga, 2010.
- "The laws of memory: Between wars". Campo de Agramante, nº 18, 2013.
- "The lost language: play and lyrical consciousness in the poetry of Carlos Edmundo de Ory". Campo de Agramante, nº 22, 2015.
- "Alphabet: six unpublished poems by Paul Valéry." Cuadernos Hispanoamericanos, n, 802, 2017.
- The voyage of Greece , by Jean Moréas. Pre-Texts, 2010.
- The Silent Breath of the Prophetic Word , by Sylvain Le Gall. Revista de Occidente, nº 373, 2012.
- Alphabet , by Paul Valéry. Pre-Texts, 2018.
- Morales, Carlos Javier. "Javier Vela: The hour of twilight". The wind station (Casa de América), nº 5, Madrid, 2004.
- Insausti, Gabriel. University of Navarra. "The intimate worlds of Javier Vela". Nueva Revista, nº 116, Madrid, 2008, pp. 150-154.
- Morales Barba, Rafael. Autonomous University of Madrid. "Javier Vela", in The funambulant muse: Spanish poetry between 1980 and 2005 . Huerga & Fierro editores, Madrid, 2008, pp. 457-458.
- Bagué Quílez, Luis. University of Alicante. "Aesthetic cartographies for the third millennium". Monteagudo, nº 13, Murcia, 2008, pp. 49-72.
- Cristóbal López, Vicente. Complutense University of Madrid. "Classical Tradition, a constant in the History of the West". Nueva Revista, nº 125, Madrid, 2009, pp. 108-116.
- Ripoll, José Ramón. "Ofelia and Javier Vela". Cuadernos Hispanoamericano, nº 744, Madrid, 2012, pp. 152-156.
- Alcorta, Carlos. "Alpha and omega. About Hotel Origin". Clarín Magazine, nº 117, Oviedo, 2015, pp. 71-72.
- Mora, Vicente Luis, "Subjective typologies of contemporary Spanish poetry between the mirror and notredad (1980-2015)". Iberoamericana / Vervuert, Madrid, 2016.
- Article by Enrique Vila-Matas in El País, about the Book of Masks
- Review of Hotel Origen in El Cultural de El Mundo
- Interview in Diario de Sevilla
- Excerpt from the book Ofelia and other moons in El Cultural de El Mundo
- Imaginary book review on ABC
- Imaginary book review at Notodo.com
- Interview in El País
- Reports by Javier Vela in El Viajero of the newspaper El País