Jayne-Ann Igel completed a library training and worked at the Deutsche Bücherei in Leipzig. She finished her studies in theology between 1978 and 1982 without a degree. During this time, Igel started writing. After a series of self-published books, her first volume of poetry was published in 1989 in the series " Poesiealbum " by the GDR publishing house Neues Leben , still under her old name. Her official name has been Jayne-Ann Igel since sex reassignment surgery in 1990.
Jayne-Ann Igel worked from 1991 to 1993 as an administrative clerk in a parish office. From 1993 to 1994 she worked at the Leipzig Literature Office . From 1996 to 1997 she took part in a project on the history of women in the city of Dresden , after which she was a research assistant in the Dresden City Archives . Jayne-Ann Igel, received various fellowships and 2000 and 2001, a grant from the Saxon State Ministry of Science and Art , 2002, a grant from the German Literature Fund , 2007, Dr. Manfred Annual Fair of Honor from the German Schiller Foundation as well as a residency grant inKünstlerhaus Edenkoben . Since 2011 she has been co-editor of the Neue Lyrik series, which appears in the Poetenladen in cooperation with the Cultural Foundation of the Free State of Saxony .
In the state elections in Saxony in 2014 , Igel failed as a direct candidate for the party Die Linke in the constituency of Dresden 1 and as a candidate on the state list (41st place). It also failed in the state elections in Saxony in 2019 at number 55 on the state list of the party Die Linke.
- Bernd Hedgehog. (= Poetry album. 259). Berlin 1989, ISBN 3-355-00904-0 .
- The house line gave me strange places. Frankfurt am Main 1989, ISBN 3-596-22363-6 .
- Fahrwasser: An inner biography in stages. Leipzig 1991, ISBN 3-379-00635-1 .
- with Karin Wieckhorst and Barbara Köhler : Ostberlin 1983–1986. Leipzig 1991.
- with Una Giesecke: From Maria to Mary. Dresden 1998.
- Attempts at resuscitation. (= Time signal ). Aschersleben 2001, ISBN 3-9807613-2-0 .
- Prohibited removal. Basel et al. 2004.
- Traumwache. Basel ua 2006, ISBN 3-938767-03-0 .
- Berlin facts. Basel et al. 2009.
- Activities. Frankfurt am Main and Weimar 2013
- Before the light / activities. Frankfurt am Main 2014.
- The city kept its rivers in secret , Frankfurt am Main 2018, ISBN 978-3-936826-20-3 .
- All light winter . Frankfurt am Main 2019, ISBN 978-3-948107-32-1
- Ernst Jandl, Jayne-Ann Igel. Moos et al. 1991.
- Authors in Saxony, Jayne-Ann Igel. Leipzig 1992.
- Stefan Schulze: The magic carpet offers little space. Writers from the former GDR before, during and after the fall of the Wall: Brigitte Burmeister, Jayne-Ann Igel, Helga Königsdorf, Angela Krauss and Christa Wolf . Biographical, text-critical and literary-sociological discourses. Philosophical dissertation, Leipzig 1997.
- Literature by and about Jayne-Ann Igel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Activities (logbook of the author Jayne-Ann Igel)
- Jayne-Ann Igel with Urs Engeler
- Jayne-Ann Hedgehog in the Poet Shop
- Michael Braun on Unauthorized Distance and Dream Watch
|ALTERNATIVNAMEN||Igel, Bernd (maiden name)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||18. September 1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|