Jazeh Tabatabai - Jazeh Tabatabai
Jazeh Tabatabai |
|Birth|| 1931 , 89 years ago |
|Death|| As February 9 as 2008 , at age 77, 12 years ago |
|Area||Sculpture , painting , poetry , theater|
Jazeh Tabatabai , (in Persian ژازه طباطبایی), born in Tehran in 1931 and died on February 9 , 2008 , [ 1 ] is an Iranian avant-garde artist ; Besides painting , he worked on poetry , sculpture and drama . [ 2 ] [ 3 ]
Jazeh writes his first story called " sand and straw " at the age of twelve.
At the age of 20 he entered the Dramatic Art school.
He studied at the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Tehran , until 1960.
Tabatabai received more than ten major international awards for his paintings and sculptures.
Tabatabai is part of the Saqakhaneh school ( مکتب سقاخانه in Persian). This avant-garde movement is the reflection of others that developed at that time around the world, and was promoted by the confrontation with the traditional conception of art.
Jazeh spent the last years of his life in Spain (he lived in Vigo ) and often temporarily traveled to Iran. On the Persian date of Bahman 20, 1386, at the age of 77, he died in the Atieh Hospital in Tehran. [ 5 ]
- Tehran Biennial I, II, III, IV and V; solo exhibitions in Beirut , Vienna , Frankfurt Meno , London , Madrid , Barcelona , Tokyo and Tehran [ 6 ]
- His works have been part of the Biennials of Paris , Sao Paulo , Venice .
Today he is best known for his figurative metal sculptures, made from metal parts, car parts, and assembled industrial remains . In his work the theme of the sun and the woman is repeated.
Some of his works are kept in private collections ( Farah Diba , Amir Abbás Hoveydá or Jimmy Carter, for example) and in various museums around the world (including the Louvre and the Metropolitan Museum of Art ). [ 2 ]
An important collection of his works is kept at the Tehran Museum of Modern Art. There we can find both painting and sculpture. [ 7 ]
Works on Tabatabai
Khosrow Sinai made a biographical film about Jazeh Tabatabai.
- Articles about Jazeh Tabatabai at tavoos.com (in English)
- Jazeh Tabatabai at qoqnoos.com (in English)
- Jazeh Tabatabai en la "BBC Persian"
- Works by Jazeh Tabatabai on Artnet.com
Notes and references
- Persia: 20 Bahman 1386
- Iranian Jazeh Tabatabai, dies at 77 , Press Tv (in English)
- Jazeh Tababtabi; The "Iranian Picasso" dies , BBC Persian (in English)
- The Iranian Artist: Jazeh Tababai , Caroun (in English)
- traveling passion
- Pakbaz, Roueen. Contemporary Iranian Painting and Sculpture. Teheran 1974, S. 48
- Jazeh Tabatabai in Museum of Modern Art Archived 2012-01-20 at the Wayback Machine . from Tehran. Paintings Archived 2016-08-11 at the Wayback Machine . and sculptures Archived 2009-03-04 at the Wayback Machine .
- You can see a portrait of Tabatabai in the English Wikipedia article: Jazeh Tabatabai