Jägerhäuschen (Kottenforst) - Jägerhäuschen (Kottenforst)
The hunter's house in the Kottenforst near Bonn is an accommodation built between 1730 and 1740 and was a station for the parforce hunts of the Cologne Elector Clemens August . It stands as a monument under monument protection . 
In order to be able to pursue the chase on horseback, which he valued , Clemens August built the Herzogsfreude Castle from 1754 to 1756 , which stood on the site of today's Bonn district of Röttgen and had a network of paths built through the Kottenforst, the paths of which are star-shaped at the former location of the Castle in Bonn - Röttgen converge. The hunter's house is located at the intersection of two such paths and served as a relay station for the hunt. Here the horses could be changed; The hunter's house therefore contained, in addition to the small lounge for the hunting helpers on the left, a larger horse stable on the right side of the building.
After Clemens August died in 1761, no more parforce hunts were held in the Kottenforst, and his successors did not enter the Herzogsfreude hunting lodge . The castle was dismantled (until around 1810). The hunting lodge was also no longer used and fell into disrepair.
Today it is used by the forest administration responsible for the Kottenforst, the regional forest office Rhein-Sieg-Erft. The forest administration initially restored the hunter's lodge and then took over the management and maintenance of the listed building.
Immediately next to the hunter's house are the imperial oak and the Prince Friedrich oak (see under Imperial oak) as well as the Prince Oskar oak.
Both the hunter's lodge and the imperial oak are popular destinations today. But the two larches that were more than 200 years old that stood directly in front of the hunter's lodge no longer exist since the winter storms in January 2018. One did not survive the Burglind storm (January 2nd and 3rd), the other had to be removed shortly afterwards for safety reasons. In a south-easterly direction, on the “Communicationsweg” to Villiprott, you can visit the fallen natural monument " Dicke Eiche ", 300 m away . 5.2 km away via Professorenweg is the archaeological monument Ringwall Venne , which is the remains of an early medieval refugee castleacts. The beautiful Kottenforst train station , located on the Voreifelbahn S 23 from Bonn to Euskirchen , can be reached via the Weingartsbahn in 3.4 km. Because of its restaurant with large outdoor restaurants , it is a popular destination, especially in summer.
- Werner D'hein: Kottenforst. 13 hikes through a historical cultural landscape . Gaasterland-Verlag, Düsseldorf 2008, ISBN 978-3-935873-21-5
- Wilhelm Matthiessen: The Katzenburg . Hermann Schaffstein Verlag, Cologne 1965