Jägersfreude is a district of Saarbrücken in the Dudweiler district with 326 hectares and 1923 inhabitants (as of December 31, 2015, population register).  In the vernacular, Jägerfreude is often referred to as "tin hammer"; this goes back to a plate hammer mill built around 1750.
In 1718, Johannes Bregenzer created a melt on the south-western boundary of Dudweiler on the right side of the Sulzbach below the Herrensohrer forest, which at that time stretched to the valley meadows, and Johann Nikolaus Guinand from Neustadt, who was descended from a Huguenot family, took over the management.
In 1724 Guinand became the owner of the factory himself, but sold it again in 1729 when he returned to the Palatinate and bought a steelworks in Wattenheim . In his article, which he published in the " Saarbrücker Heften " on the occasion of the 250th anniversary of the founding of the smelter , Alfred Petto assumes that the smelter was run by the princely Nassau administration around 1745 and then for a few years have stopped. At the beginning of the 1750s, the former smelter was converted into a hammer mill, on which iron pipe rails (plates) were produced in a cutting unit and these were then converted into black platehammered out. For this reason, "the old melt" - so the name in the family book of Dudweiler pastor Johann Christian Bartels written around 1760 - is called "Platinenhammer" to better differentiate the meanwhile newly created melt at Fischbach; in the vernacular, or the local colloquial language, the shorter term "Blechhammer" quickly becomes established. In connection with the commissioning of the “sinker hammer”, a tunnel pit will be created in the vicinity, in which the necessary coal will be dug; in a report dated April 12, 1766, it is called “Platiner Kohlengrube”.
In 1793, after the hammer mill was shut down, coal mining in Jägersfreude also came to a standstill for the first time.
In October 1766 the company Gebr. Beer took over the Blechhammer for 10 years; then it goes to St. Arnual Abbey in the course of an exchange of goodsabove. On this occasion, at the request of Prince Ludwig, a stately hunter was given a room in the administrator's house; this gave rise to the name "Jägerfreude", which over the decades became the official name for the settlement. In 1782 Francois Louis Gouvy leased the Jägersfreuder hammer mill. After the revolutionary years, when the work was temporarily suspended, the Gouvy family bought the plant in 1800; After a number of difficulties and changes in ownership, the Gouvy family sold the plant in 1852 for 11,479 thalers to the Saarbrücken entrepreneur Heinrich Schenkelberger. He set up a chamotte factory in the former hammer mill. He obtains the clay stone required as raw material from the Jägersfreuder mine, and later from the Schwalbach and Wellesweiler mines. Since many new coke ovens were built with the upswing of the pits in the second half of the 19th century, the demand for refractory bricks was great. Heinrich Schenkelberger had a house built on the St. Johann side of the Sulzbach in Weiherstrasse; Until recently it was the Johann drugstore.
In 1815, however, 40 miners were again working in Hunters' joy; Due to the increasing demand, the Sulzbach tunnel was put back into operation in 1808. Immediately after the middle of the century to about 1850 around so, then begins with the construction of the near Talbahn the recovery for the hunters Freuder Grube.1856 the first slot is cut, the to 95 m drilled is and taken out of operation in 1921 and then back filledhas been. The Jägersfreude II shaft, which was also excavated in 1856, was sunk up to 140 m and was not taken out of service until 1931; from 1943 on the shaft was filled. After the surprising result of a drilling carried out in 1896, the Schiedeborn Shaft was dug in 1898 and a crosscut was created after Jägersfreude. To increase production, the new Jägersfreude III shaft was built in Jägersfreude in the years 1906–1908, which reached a final depth of 720 m and was still used as a weather shaft for a long time. The second, Jägersfreude IV mine, which is no longer standing, was sunk between 1920 and 1922 and had a final depth of 521 m. In 1887 Schenkelberger had to auction his work due to bankruptcy; For 142,000 marks it is taken over by the Coburg company Geith in 1888,
In 1899, the citizen of St. Johann Schmoll bought the plant with all the land and buildings; He rents the former hammer mill on the street with the high windows to the community of Dudweiler, which sets up schoolrooms in the large rooms. Until the completion of the Mozart School in 1909, the children will learn to read, write and do arithmetic here.
The following episode is particularly interesting for Jägersfreude: In the 90s of the 19th century, the then independent city council of St. Johann was ready to cede the district of Jägersfreude, which was very remote for St. Johann, to Dudweiler. This unique offer was rejected by the Dudweiler municipal council under Mayor Petermann on the grounds that there was a risk of having to build a new school building in the hunters' delight. After about ten years the planning of the 16-class Mozart School began.
After the First World War, the entire site of the former works is purchased by the French mine administration. During this time the League of Nations -Mandats over the Saar (1920-1935) was one in Jägersfreude Domanialschule . 
After the Second World War, the Paul Springer joinery rents the building of the former hammer mill and sets up a workshop there until the mine management cancels the lease with the Springer joinery due to the planned new buildings - residential houses for the miners - and has all the old buildings demolished.
The New Zealand pilot William Gould crashed on 28/29. August 1942, in the middle of World War II, with his Handley Page Hampden in Jägersfreude.
On July 26, 1968, the surface and coal processing plants of the Jägersfreuder coal mine were shut down. An important chapter in the history of Jägersfreuder came to an end and the two winding towers were the last great monuments for this once so important branch of industry until they were demolished in 1988. Today, around the turn of the millennium, only two remnants of the demolition of the tower in the main street testify to the joy of hunting, as small monuments and symbols of mining in this region, so to speak.
- Anke Dunkel / Hans Willi Lisch: Chronicle of the first school in the joy of hunting and some village history, Dudweiler Geschichtswerkstatt, Volume 7, pp. 79 - 90, Dudweiler 2002
- Karl Heinz Ruth: Miner's premium houses and miner's rental houses in Jägersfreude, Dudweiler history workshop, volume 6, pages 35 - 40, Dudweiler 2000
- Werner Zimmer: The Jägersfreude mine and its weather shafts on Dudweiler Bann, Dudweiler history workshop, volume 10, pages 26 - 36, Dudweiler 2008
- Gerhard Wahl: The arduous path of the Catholic Christians in hunter's joy to their own parish, Dudweiler Geschichtswerkstatt, Volume 10, pp. 37 - 42, Dudweiler 2008
- Friedrich Meier: Paulus - a miner's family who were happy to hunt, Dudweiler history workshop, volume 5, pages 35 - 43, Dudweiler 1998
- Helmut Ballas: When the Gouvys acquired the Jägersfreuder Hammer, Dudweiler Geschichtswerkstatt, Volume 10, Pages 5 - 10, Dudweiler 2008
- Gerhard Wahl: The founding of the school in Jägersfreude and its first teacher Karl Kablé, Dudweiler Geschichtswerkstatt Volume 13, pages 61 - 85, Dudweiler 2014
- Gerhard Wahl: The first new school building in Jägersfreude, Dudweiler Geschichtswerkstatt, Volume 14, Pages 97 - 131, Dudweiler 2016
- Gerhard Wahl: A decade full of unrest in the Jägersfreude school association, Dudweiler Geschichtswerkstatt, Volume 15, Pages 4 - 37, Dudweiler 2018
- Werner Arend: The development of tram traffic in the Sulzbachtal, Volume 5, Dudweiler history workshop, 1998
- Literature about the joy of hunting in the Saarland bibliography
- Facebook group OIV Jägerfreude
- Facebook group Bilderjäger Jägerfreude
- Dudweiler Compass - Information about Dudweiler, Herrensohr and the joy of hunting
- Dudweiler blog
- Dudweiler history workshop
- Saarbrücken in figures 2016
- Arnold Ilgemann: "French schools". The French domain schools during the League of Nations , lecture manuscript from June 22, 1993