Jägerstrasse (Berlin) - Jägerstraße (Berlin)
|Street in Berlin|
|Eastern part of Jägerstrasse towards Hausvogteiplatz|
|Cross streets|| Glinkastrasse , |
|User groups||Pedestrian traffic , bicycle traffic , car traffic|
|Street length||410 and 320 meters|
The Hunter Street is a street in the Berlin district of Mitte of the district of the same . It is interrupted by the Gendarmenmarkt and is named after a hunter's house built in 1690 for the chief hunter of Hertefeld. 
In the 16th century there was a house of the electoral hunting in Berlin-Friedrichswerder . In 1690 it was demolished and replaced by accommodation for the head hunter from Hertefeld: the hunter's house. In 1709 the street at this house between Wall Street (today Oberwallstraße) and Chur Street (today Kurstraße) was named Jägerstraße. The name outside of the Berlin city fortifications in Friedrichstadt took place a few years later.  The hunter's house is no longer preserved today; rather, the building of the old Reichsbank has been located here since around 1900. The street originally ran in the east to Kurstraße, but was shortened in 1959 to Oberwallstraße. Now it leads back to Kurstrasse. Between 1958 and 1991 Jägerstraße was named after the former East German CDU chairman and deputy GDR Prime Minister Otto Nuschke .
- Club of Berlin : The building complex at house numbers 1 to 3 was built in 1892 and 1893 by the architects Kayser & v. Grossheim. The facade of Jägerstrasse is clad with light sandstone, while the facade on Mauerstrasse is made of white glazed facing bricks. The building was rebuilt from 1997 to 1999 and is now the seat of the representation of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg at the federal level .
- Residential and commercial building at number 28: The building erected by Albert Bohm was built for the merchant David Münzer in 1894 and 1895 and has an elaborate, baroque facade made of sandstone, which visually connects the shop floor with the residential floors above .
- Former Valentin Manheimer clothing store (house number 33): From 1907 to 1908 the architects Salinger & Schmohl built an extension in the style of “Biedermeier classicism”. The ground floor is equipped with arched arcades , while the three floors above are structured with pilasters . The attic floor has a mansard roof and is separated from the rest of the building by a cornice.
- General telegraph office (house numbers 42 to 44): Wilhelm Salzenberg and Adolph Lohse built Germany's first telegraph office here in 1864 . Expanded by Carlo Schwatlo in 1877 and 1878 , it served as the "main telegraph office" for both post and telegraphy. The individual floors are optically separated from one another by cornices. Due to the even arrangement of the window axes, the richly decorated facade, based on Venetian Renaissance palaces, appears comparatively calm. The ground floor is decorated with a rustication , the floors above begin with Ionic columns and end inCorinthian order . The attic floor is decorated with postal symbols.
- Bankhaus Mendelssohn & Co. (house numbers 49 and 50) (at the construction time parcel 52): It was built between 1891 and 1893 by Walter Gropius & Heino Schmieden .  The adjacent residential and commercial building of the Mendelssohn family from 1789 at number 51, the Mendelssohn Remise, is also worth seeing . 
- Alexander von Humboldt was born in house number 22 in 1769. The Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences is currently located here .
- In front of house number 63c there is a memorial plaque for Ernst Zinna . The apprentice locksmith died during the March Revolution in 1848 .
- In front of house number 69 there is a memorial plaque for the Adolf Jarislowsky bank , which stood here from 1889 to 1942.
- A restaurant on Jägerstrasse is one of the settings in ETA Hoffmann's story The Adventures of New Year's Eve .
- Jaegerstrasse. In: Street name lexicon of the Luisenstädtischer Bildungsverein (near Kaupert )
- Exemplary entries in the Berlin State Monument List: Residential and commercial building number 27 ,Residential and commercial building number 28 ,House number 29, 30 and 31 ,Commercial building No. 32 ,Manheimer clothing store No. 33 andGeneral Telegraph Office No. 42, 43 and 44
- Jägerstrasse. In: Street name lexicon of the Luisenstädtischer Bildungsverein (near Kaupert )
- Hermann Vogt: The street names of Berlin. Writings of the Association for the History of Berlin, Issue 22, Berlin 1885, p. 39.
- Residential building in Berlin, Jäger-Strasse 52. In: Zeitschrift für Bauwesen , 1876, Verlag Ernst & Sohn Berlin; Pp. 521/522 and drawings in the atlas; Retrieved April 24, 2015.
- Mendelssohn-Remise ( Memento of the original from December 14, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. at berlin.de, accessed on January 8, 2012.