Kühne attended the Borbeck grammar school in Essen from 1949 until he graduated from high school in 1962 . This was followed by a degree in law at the universities in Berlin , Freiburg im Breisgau and Bonn . He passed the first state examination in law in 1966. From 1965 to 1969 he studied history at the University of Bonn, where he did his dissertation on May 22, 1970 with the dissertation on bribery. Possibilities of a legal countermeasure under the Basic Law for Dr. iur. received his doctorate . In 1971 he observed in Cyprus the constitutional conflict. After his preparatory service, he passed the second state examination in 1974 and subsequently became a research assistant at the Institute for Public Law at the University of Bonn, initially with Karl Josef Partsch and, after his retirement, with Jost Pietzcker . From 1979 to 1981 Kühne was funded by the German Research Foundation with a habilitation grant. On June 24, 1983 , he completed his habilitation at the law and political science faculty of the University of Bonn with a habilitation thesisThe imperial constitution of the Paulskirche. Role model and realization in later German legal life and received the Venia legendi for the subject areas of public law and constitutional history . As a private lecturer , he represented chairs at the universities in Saarbrücken and Göttingen .
Kuehne took in 1984 a reputation as a university professor at the University of Cologne and followed in 1988 with another chair at the University of Hanover to the Chair of Public Law and Constitutional History. There he was dean of the law faculty in the academic year 1993/1994 . From 1994 to 2004 he was chairman of the Legal Study Society in Hanover . In 1999 he held a visiting professorship at the University of Durham and then another at the University of Halle-Wittenberg . Kühne was appointed by the latter university in 2000. However, he declined the call. Since 1999 he has worked atCenter for interdisciplinary research at Bielefeld University . From 2001 to 2006 he was also a member of the advisory board of the Association for Constitutional History and since 2004 he has been on the board of directors of the Institute for National and Transnational Integration Research at the University of Hanover. In 2008 he went as a professor in retirement . His successor was Frauke Brosius-Gersdorf .
Kühne has been married since 1974 and has three children.
- Bribery of Members of Parliament: Possibilities of a legal countermeasure under the Basic Law , Athenaeum, Frankfurt am Main 1971.
- The legal development of land use planning in the spatial area of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia , Verlag für Wirtschaft und Verwaltung, Dortmund 1976.
- Housing protection under basic law and enforcement searches: a contribution to the understanding of Art. 13 GG , Schwartz Göttingen 1980. ISBN 978-3-509-01131-9 .
- The imperial constitution of the Paulskirche: Model and implementation in later German legal life , Metzner, Frankfurt am Main 1985. ISBN 978-3-7875-5325-9 .
- On possibilities of changing the Oder-Neisse line after 1945 , Nomos, Baden-Baden 2006. ISBN 978-3-8329-1868-2 .
- The creation of the Weimar Imperial Constitution. Basics and initial applicability. (= Writings of the Federal Archives, Vol. 78.) Droste, Düsseldorf 2018, ISBN 978-3-7700-1636-5 .
- Kay Waechter (Ed.): Basic rights democracy and constitutional history. Jörg-Detlef Kühne on his 65th birthday. University publishing house Halle-Wittenberg, Halle an der Saale 2009, ISBN 978-3-86977-000-0 .
- Jörg-Detlef Kühne in: Kürschner's German Scholars Calendar Online., De Gruyter, Berlin, Boston, as of June 13, 2017.
- Kühne's website at uni-hannover.de
- Literature by and about Jörg-Detlef Kühne in the catalog of the German National Library
- Call for the right to vote: "Verkleinert den Bundestag" , open letter from September 20, 2019 in Die Welt .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar, legal historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 6, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Spices|