Life and work
Thomsa studied German and history at the University of Duisburg-Essen . In 2006 he completed an internship at the Buddenbrookhaus in Lübeck. Although he had received a doctoral scholarship , he decided to accept the offer for a two-year academic traineeship at the Günter Grass House. During his internship from 2007 to 2008 he curated his first exhibition on Günter Grass and Willy Brandt , the Siegfried LenzCo-opened in 2008. In 2009, at the age of 29, he took over the management of the Günter Grass House. About the collaboration with the Nobel Prize winner for literature, Grass, he said in 2018 that when it came to the Grass / Brandt exhibition, he strongly contradicted Grass on the question of reunification . Grass, who had warned against a "jerk-off unit"   , estimated that: "He didn't like it when someone spoke to him."  
In 2017, Thomsa received her doctorate at the Historical Institute of the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Duisburg-Essen. His dissertation on municipal cultural policy in an industrial and working-class city: Duisburg 1945 to 2005 was published by Klartext in Essen in 2019 . In addition to publications by the Günter Grass House, he edits the publications of the Günter and Ute Grass Foundation together with Per Øhrgaard and Volker Neuhaus at Ch. Links Verlag .  Thomsa is a member of the foundation's advisory board. 
He lives with his family in Lübeck.
- A book makes history - 50 years of "The Tin Drum". Günter Grass House. Lübeck 2009. ISBN 978-3-937900-08-7
- From Gdansk to Lübeck. Günter Grass and Poland / Z Gda´nska do Lubeki. Günter Grass i Polska (with Viktoria Krason). Günter Grass House. Lübeck 2010 ISBN 978-3-942310-01-7
- Idyll hunter. Gottfried Keller as a painter (with Andrea Fromm). Günter Grass House. Lübeck 2012
- "Unrest in Olympus". Poems, drawings and sculptures by Markus Lüpertz (with Tatjana Dübbel). The Lübeck museums. Lübeck 2013 ISBN 978-3-942310-08-6
- Two long nights for Günter Grass. Friends and companions remember each other. Contributions on the occasion of the anniversary of his death on April 13, 2016 and April 13, 2017 in the Günter Grass house. Cultural Foundation of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck. Lübeck 2017. ISBN 978-3-942310-22-2
- Salman Rushdie - remembering Günter Grass / Salman Rushdie - remembering Günter Grass . Günter Grass House. Lübeck 2018 ISBN 978-3-942310-27-7
- Günter Grass - Multitalent and Moralist , NDR.de, October 24, 2019, accessed on November 15, 2019.
- Volker Hage: One like all, none like him , Der Spiegel, 17/2019, accessed on November 15, 2019.
- Peter Intelmann: “I believe that we are brave” , December 29, 2018, accessed on November 2, 2019 (interview).
- "He couldn't come out out of shame." Michael-Müller-Verlag, accessed on November 2, 2019 (interview).
- Author's page at Ch. Links Verlag, accessed on November 2, 2019.
- Imprint , foundation website, accessed on November 2, 2019.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German Germanist and historian, head of the Günter Grass House|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1979|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Moers|