Jörg Finsinger (born October 28, 1950 in Ettlingen ) is a German economist and until December 1, 2015 was Professor of “Financial Services and Public Utility Management” at the University of Vienna . Since January 1, 2016 he has been dean of MODUL University Dubai .
Finsinger studied physics at the Technical University of Berlin and received a master's in mathematics from Ohio State University . He then did his doctorate in Bonn and completed his habilitation at the University of Bern .
His main research interests are in finance as well as business issues from the insurance industry, accounting, financing and capital investment, as well as purely legal issues.
He is editor and member of the editorial boards of magazines in economics, business administration and law and author of 14 books and 160 articles on economics, politics and ethics. He is also the author of the Wirtschaftswoche rating for life insurers and EU insurance companies.
Finsinger is married and has one son.
- corresponding member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences 
- Co-founder of the Finance and Ethics Academy in Diex 
- Scientific Advisory Board of the Academy for Financial Service Providers (FAF) 
- Jörg Finsinger, Jürgen Simon: The Harmonisation of Product Liability Laws in Britain and Germany, An Applied Legal-Economic Analysis; London, Anglo-German Foundation 1992, ISBN 978-0-905492-77-3
- Jörg Finsinger: Strategic Management Behavior Under Reward Structures in a Planned Economy in: Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. C, Februar 1985, S. 263–269.
- Jörg Borrmann, Jörg Finsinger: Market and Regulation, Vahlen Munich 1999, ISBN 978-3-8006-2471-3
- Jörg Finsinger: Insurance markets, Campus-Verlag Frankfurt 1997, ISBN 978-3-593-33227-7
- Literature by and about Jörg Finsinger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Jörg Finsinger on the website of the University of Vienna
- # 93; = 11177 Jörg Finsinger ( Memento of the original from September 12, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. at the Oeaw
- Archivlink (Memento des Originals vom 12. September 2014 im Internet Archive) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. # 93; = 11177
- players of the FAF on faf.at
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 28, 1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ettlingen|