education and profession
Kellner grew up in Zimmersupra , where he still lives today. After graduating from the POS in 1974, he completed an apprenticeship as an engine fitter in the agricultural maintenance workshop in Erfurt. After completing his military service , he began studying at the engineering school for agricultural technology in Nordhausen in 1980 . From 1982 to 1990 he worked in the LPG animal production in Töttelstädt . From 1992 to 1994 Kellner completed a course in administration at the Weimar School of Administration.
Kellner is a Protestant, married and has two children.
From 1990 to 1994 Kellner was the full-time mayor of the community ofzimmersupra, then until 2009 chairman of the administrative association Nesseaue .
In September 1998 he became a member of the CDU, of which he was deputy district chairman since 2002. In November 2010 he lost this office in a vote against the then 18-year-old district chairman of the Junge Union, Felix Elflein. In 2012 he was re-elected as deputy district chairman and in 2015 as district chairman. In 1999 he was elected to the district council of the Gotha district and was parliamentary group chairman there until 2014. Since 2015 he has been deputy parliamentary group leader in the district council.
In the state elections in Thuringia in 2009 , Kellner was elected to the Thuringian state parliament as a direct candidate in the constituency Sömmerda I - Gotha III . He received 31.6% of the first votes. As a member of the Thuringian state parliament, he is deputy chairman of the Interior Committee and a member of the Committee for Education, Science and Culture. In 2011 he became the cultural policy spokesman for the CDU parliamentary group. Kellner was chairman for the CDU parliamentary group in the investigation committee 6/1 "Right-wing Terrorism and Authorities" of the Thuringian State Parliament, set up in 2012.
In the state elections in Thuringia in 2014 , he was re-elected as a direct candidate. He is currently a member of the Home Affairs Committee and the Committee on Europe, Culture and the Media.
After the state election in Thuringia on October 27, 2019 , in which he had again won the direct mandate, Kellner and 16 other CDU politicians called for "open-ended talks" with all parties - including with the AfD Thuringia , which Björn Höcke nominated as a top candidate would have. 
Other political and social functions
Waiter was or is beyond
- Chairman of the Audit Committee LRA Gotha
- Chairman of the Works Committee for Municipal Waste Service in the Gotha district
- State chairman of the KPV Thuringia
- Board member of the EAK in Thuringia
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the waste management company (AWIG) of the Gotha district
- Deputy chairman of the Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund regional association for Central Thuringia
- Deputy Chairman of the pro BioEnergieRegionThüringerAckerland ev (pro BERTA)
- Member of the cultural association Zimmersupra
- Member of the Zimmersupra fire department
- Short biography . Thuringian Parliament.
- Literature by and about Jörg Kellner in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of Jörg Kellner
- FAZ.net: Ziemiak calls party friends "crazy"
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||14. May 1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Erfurt|