Jörg Kinzig - Jörg Kinzig
Jörg Kinzig (born December 20, 1962 in Mannheim ) is a German criminologist and criminal law scholar . He has been director of the Institute for Criminology at the Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen since 2011 .
Kinzig studied law from 1983 to 1989 at the Universities of Heidelberg , Lausanne and Freiburg im Breisgau . After the first state examination in 1989, the legal clerkship and the second state examination in 1992, Kinzig initially held various positions at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law for several years(Research group criminology) in Freiburg im Breisgau. In 1996 he received his doctorate degree from the Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg with a thesis on preventive detention. iur. PhD. In 2003 he completed his habilitation there with a legal dogmatic and factual investigation into the legal management of manifestations of organized crime. He was awarded the venia legendi for the subjects of criminal law, criminal procedure law, criminology, juvenile criminal law and the penal system.
In addition to his work at the Max Planck Institute, Jörg Kinzig initially held various teaching positions at the Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg. On April 1, 2006, the Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen appointed him to a W3 professorship for criminal law and criminal procedure law. After the rejection of an offer for a W3 professorship for criminology at the University of Gießen (successor to Arthur Kreuzer ) and an offer for a W3 professorship for criminal law with secondary areas at the University of Konstanz (successor to Wolfgang Heinz ), Jörg Kinzig resigned on October 1, 2011 the successor to Hans-Jürgen Kerneras director of the institute for criminology at the Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen. Between 2012 and 2014 he was also dean of the law faculty of the Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen. From 2012 to 2019  he was an elected representative in Review Board 113 Law of the German Research Foundation . Kinzig has been Vice President of the Criminological Society , a scientific association of German-speaking criminologists, since 2020 . 
Kinzig is married and lives in Tübingen with his wife and three children. His older brother is the Bonn church historian Wolfram Kinzig .
Kinzig's research focus is currently on sanctions law (in particular in the area of reform and security measures), criminology, juvenile criminal law and the penal system.
Kinzig was honored with the following awards:
- 1996: Carl von Rotteck Prize of the Law Faculty of the Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg for the dissertation Preventive Detention on the Test Stand
- 2003: First prize from the Münster-Hiltrup Police Leadership Academy for the post-doctoral thesis The legal management of manifestations of organized crime
- Preventive detention on the test bench. Results of a theoretical and empirical inventory of the state of a measure. Ed. iuscrim, Freiburg im Breisgau 1996, ISBN 978-3-861130-18-5 .
- with Monika Becker (Ed.): Appeal in criminal law. An international comparative study of the legal reality and efficiency of legal remedies. 2 volumes. Freiburg im Breisgau 2000, ISBN 978-3-861131-20-5 .
- The legal management of manifestations of organized crime. Tübingen 2004, ISBN 978-3-428114-88-7 .
- The legal probation of dangerous recidivists. At the same time a contribution to the development of the law of preventive detention. Berlin 2008; 2nd edition 2010, ISBN 978-3-428134-89-2 .
- with Thomas Stöckle (Ed.): 60 Years of the Tübingen Grafeneck Trial. Considerations from a historical, legal, medical-ethical and journalistic perspective. Zwiefalten 2011, ISBN 978-3-931200-17-6 .
- (Ed.) 50 years of the Institute for Criminology. Outside view - inside view - view. Tübingen writings and materials on criminology TÜKRIM. Tübingen 2014, ISBN 978-3-937368-58-0 .
- Commentary on the entire sanction law (preliminary section Sections 38–51 and Sections 56–72). In: Adolf Schönke, Horst Schröder: Criminal Code. 30th edition. Munich 2019, ISBN 978-3-406-70383-6 .
- Still in the name of the people? About crime and punishment. Zurich 2020, ISBN 978-3-280-05698-1 . 
- Literature by and about Jörg Kinzig in the catalog of the German National Library
- Jörg Kinzig on the website of the University of Tübingen
- DFG review board election: Jörg Kinzig re-elected - Faculty of Law. Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, accessed on February 4, 2020 .
- Prof. Jörg Kinzig elected Vice President of the Criminological Society. Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, accessed on February 5, 2020 .
- Review by Matthias Jahn in FAZ No. 130/2020, p. 10
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German criminologist and criminal law scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 20, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mannheim , Germany|