Müller comes from a family of restaurateurs, his brother Dieter Müller , who is one year younger, is also a chef. After his apprenticeship at the Hotel Bauer in Müllheim (Baden) , he cooked for various hotels in England, Switzerland and Greece during his traveling years. In 1972 he became head chef at the Schweizer Stuben in Wertheim , and his brother followed him a year later. In 1977 the Schweizer Stuben under Jörg Müller received two Michelin stars ; this made the restaurant one of the best in Germany at the time.
In 1983 he opened his first restaurant "Noss" in Morsum on Sylt , which also received two stars from the Michelin Guide. In 1988 the hotel and restaurant "Jörg Müller" followed in Westerland (Sylt) - this restaurant soon also received a Michelin star.
In July 2014, Müller announced that he would forego awards in the future and continue his restaurant without stars. 
- 1974: A Michelin star for the Schweizer Stuben in Wertheim
- 1977: Two Michelin stars for the Schweizer Stuben
- 1985: Two Michelin stars for the Restaurant Noess in Morsum (Sylt)
- 1987: 19 Gault Millau points for the Restaurant Noess
- 1988–2014: One Michelin star, 18 Gault Millau points for the Jörg Müller restaurant in Westerland (Sylt)
- 2010: “Newcomer of the year 2011” in the Schlemmer Atlas
- 2012: Five wooden spoons from the Schlemmer Atlas 
- “My Sylt kitchen”: Jörg Müller, DuMont Reiseverlag, Ostfildern 2001, ISBN 978-3-77015-868-3
- restaurant-ranglisten.de: Jörg Müller renounces the star
- "Hotel & Restaurant Jörg Müller" , www.schlemmer-atlas.de, accessed on November 13, 2012
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German cook|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 1, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Freiburg in Breisgau|