Jörg Ratjen - Jörg Ratjen
Education and theater
Ratjen completed his acting studies from 1985 to 1988 at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Frankfurt am Main . This was followed by permanent engagements at the Staatstheater Karlsruhe (1989–1993), at the Theater Dortmund (1994–1998; including Death of a Salesman ) and from 1998 to 2000 at the Thalia Theater in Hamburg . There he played in Der zerbrochne Krug (as Ruprecht; director: Wolf-Dietrich Sprenger , 1998) and in All Souls by Werner Fritsch (director: Johann Kresnik , 2000).
From 2000 to 2005 he was a permanent member of the ensemble at the Deutsches Schauspielhaus . He appeared there in Der Menschenfeind (as Philinte; director: Jan Bosse , 2002), As You Like It (as William; director: Jürgen Gosch , 2003), Drei Schwestern (as teacher Kulygin; director: Jan Bosse, 2003), Waiting for Godot (as Pozzo; directed by Jan Bosse, 2004), Der zerbrochne Krug (as Schreiber Licht; directed by Jürgen Gosch, 2004) and to be or not to be according to Ernst Lubitsch (as adjutant Schulz; directed by Sebastian Schlösser , 2004).     In the 2004/05 season he took over Valentin in the Faust I production by Jan Bosseat the Deutsches Schauspielhaus. [8th]
He had further engagements at the Schauspiel Frankfurt , at the Theater Freiburg , at the Salzburg Festival (2006; in Peter Handke's Die Unreasonigen die aus ) and at the Burgtheater Vienna . In the 2006/07 season he played Don John (Don Juan) in Jan Bosses Shakespeare production Much Ado About Nothing at the Burgtheater in Vienna .  In the 2008/09 season he took over the sale teacher Felix in the play trilogy of reunion of Botho Strauss in a production directed by Stefan Bachmann . In the 2009/10 season he appeared at the Burgtheater as Pietro in Lorenzaccio by Alfred de Musset .  Since 2008 he has been a lecturer at the Max Reinhardt Seminar in Vienna.
In October 2011 Ratjen played the role of Franz Josef Strauss in the world premiere of the political farce Halili by Albert Ostermaier at the Cuvilliéstheater in Munich .  In the 2011/12 season he took on the role of Pangloss in Candide at the Residenztheater in Munich . 
Ratjen has been a permanent member of the ensemble at the Schauspiel Köln since the 2013/14 season . There he was in The Strike (based on the 1957 novel Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand ; as the steel magnate Hank Rearden), in The Merchant of Venice (as Lancelot Gobbo), Das Käthchen von Heilbronn in the two seasons 2013/14 and 2014/15 (as emperor) and in Parzival (as Belance / Orilus / Anfortas / Trevrizent).    
In June 2015 he played the roles of Philip Lehman / Rundkopf Deggoo at the Dresden State Theater in the German-language premiere of the play Lehmann Brothers by Stefano Massini .   In Lehmann Brothers , he also played at the Schauspiel Köln from March 2016. 
Ratjan's other roles at the Schauspiel Köln were Grandmother / Rittmeister / Confessor in Tales from the Vienna Woods (2015/16 season; premiere: October 2015), the printer Aslaksen in Ein Volksfeind (2015/16 season; premiere: May 2016), Geist von Hamlets Father / 2. Gravedigger in Hamlet (2016/17 season; premiere: September 2016) and Hans Schnier in Views of a Clown (2016/17 season, world premiere: February 2017).
Film, television, radio
In addition to his theater engagements, Ratjen also worked for film, as well as for radio and television. However, his theater work was always the focus of his artistic activity as an actor. In the feature film liebeskind (2005) by Jeanette Wagner , which ran in March 2009 in the ZDF series Das kleine Fernsehspiel , he had a supporting role. In Tatort: Mann über Bord (2006) he embodied the insurance broker Knörle. He also starred in the television films The Best Teacher in the World (2006; as a caretaker), Das Feuerschiff (2009), Kill him! (2012; as a doctor Dr. Malte Goosmann).
Ratjen also had episode roles in various television series, us in K3 - Kripo Hamburg (2004), Adelheid and her murderers (2005; as Dr. Krüger), Mord mit Aussicht (2008; as private secretary Dr. Wenzel), Coast Guard (2009), SOKO Wismar (2012) and twice in SOKO Cologne (2006; as butler Peter Holzmann and 2014; as contract killer and former Foreign Legionnaire Patrique Tonneau). In the Dortmund Tatort: The team (first broadcast: January 2020) Ratjen played police chief Ullrich Dettmers.
Ratjen recorded several radio plays for the radio . In 2008 he worked in a production of the Österreichischer Rundfunk / Norddeutscher Rundfunk in addition to Gerti Drassl , Markus Meyer and Maximilian Brockstedt in the radio play Alles Helden by Alexander Jungwirth .  He was also a speaker in the graphic novel documentary film Tigersprung (2018) about the friendship between track cyclist Albert Richter and his Jewish manager Ernst Berliner . 
- 2002: Five hours left (short film)
- 2004: The Wrong Victim (TV movie)
- 2004: K3 - Kripo Hamburg (TV series; episode: Porcelain )
- 2005: liebeskind (feature film)
- 2005: Undercover Porno (short film)
- 2005: Adelheid and her murderers (TV series; episode: Zerschprobe )
- 2005: Night Shift - Death in the Supermarket (TV series)
- 2006: Night Shift - The Breakout
- 2006: SOKO Cologne (TV series; episode: A corpse for breakfast )
- 2006: Tatort: Man Overboard (TV movie)
- 2006: The best teacher in the world (TV movie)
- 2007: My Sister's Secret (TV Movie)
- 2007: The Fat (TV series; episode: Big Plans )
- 2008: Murder with a View (TV series; episode: finger exercises )
- 2008: Commissioner Stolberg (TV series; episode: Irrlichter )
- 2008: The Lightship (TV movie)
- 2009: Coast Guard (TV series; episode: The Secret of Molly Rose )
- 2012: kill him! - A family film (TV film)
- 2012: SOKO Wismar (TV series; episode: Cold Pizza )
- 2014: Großstadtrevier (TV series; episode: grass over it )
- 2014: SOKO Cologne (TV series; episode: Escape to death )
- 2015: Pensionerscops: Every day counts (TV series; episode: miracles happen )
- 2018: Tiger Leaping (documentary, voice)
- 2020: Tatort: The Team (TV series)
- 2020: Marie Brand and the wrong friends
- Jörg Ratjen in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Jörg Ratjen - Agency
- Jörg Ratjen - Vita; Cologne theater
- Jörg Ratjen at schauspielervideos.de
- Jörg Ratjen ( Memento from September 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Vita; State Theater Dresden . Retrieved September 23, 2015
- Shakespeare built on sand , performance review in: Hamburger Abendblatt from May 17, 2003
- start of the season in the Deutsches Schauspielhaus: "Drei Schwestern" in container design ; Performance review in: DER SPIEGEL of September 13, 2003. Accessed September 23, 2015
- Schauspielhaus: Waiting for Beckett as for Godot in: DIE WELT, February 16, 2004. Accessed September 23, 2015
- A homage to the lie in: DIE WELT of May 7, 2004. Accessed on September 23, 2015
- Does that have to be? That is the question in: DIE WELT of October 4, 2004. Retrieved on September 23, 2015
- Iso light! in: Berliner Zeitung of October 26, 2004. Retrieved on September 23, 2015
- Jan Bosses proper Shakespeare Gaudi at the Burgtheater in: DIE WELT from December 11, 2006. Accessed on September 23, 2015
- http://www.fr-online.de/home/burgtheater-wien-kostuem--boulevard--komoedie,1472778,3022752.html ( Memento vom 23. September 2015 im Internet Archive )
- Debauchery + protest at the Burgtheater: Lorenzaccio - the criticism of performance criticism . Kulturwoche.at. Retrieved September 23, 2015
- Theater: Vergangnis full affairs, performance review in the evening newspaper of October 9, 2011. Accessed on September 23, 2015
- Disastertale performance review in: Theater heute . Edition February 2012. page 52
- All-vulgarity everywhere performance review from October 12, 2013. Nachtkritik.de. Retrieved September 23, 2015
- "Merchant of Venice", well worth seeing, performance review in: Kölner Stadtanzeiger, February 24, 2014. Accessed September 23, 2015
- Ritterspiele on the Schanze Performance review in: Kölner Stadtanzeiger, October 19, 2014. Accessed September 23, 2015
- Call of the round table . Performance review in: Kölner Stadtanzeiger, February 8, 2015. Accessed September 23, 2015
- Lehmann Brothers ( Memento from September 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ). Plot, cast, performance dates. Official website of the Dresden State Theater . Retrieved September 23, 2015
- Schauspiel Köln The story of the Lehman Brothers . Performance review in: Kölner Stadtanzeiger from March 20, 2016. Accessed January 2, 2020.
- Schauspiel Köln: Jörg Ratjen inspires viewers in Cologne in numerous roles . Portrait in: Kölner Stadtanzeiger, September 20, 2017. Accessed January 2, 2020.
- "Rhenish Rebels" at the Cologne Theater: Concentration on the private . Performance review. Deutschlandfunk dated November 27, 2018. Accessed January 2, 2020.
- All heroes . Deutschlandradio Kultur from July 13, 2009. Accessed September 23, 2015
- The Movie . Production details. Accessed January 2, 2020.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bremen|