Jörg Schönert - Jörg Schönert
Schönert studied German and English in Munich , Reading and Zurich . The qualification papers for the doctorate  in 1968 and the habilitation  in 1977 were the satirical storytelling in the 18th century.  He then taught as a private lecturer at the universities of Munich and Heidelberg, from 1980 to 1983 as a professor at RWTH Aachen University, and from 1983 at the Institute for German Studies at the University of Hamburg.
- Social history of literature from 1750 to 1920
- Methodology and literary theory
- History of science
He is a member of the Laboratory for the History of Knowledge and Literature (AGWL). 
As an author
- Novel and satire in the 18th century . A contribution to poetics . Stuttgart 1969
- together with Peter Hühn u. Malte Stein: Poetry and Narratology. Text analysis of German-language poems from the 16th to the 20th century . Berlin and New York 2007
- Perspectives on the social history of literature. Contributions to theory and practice . Tuebingen 2007
- Telling crime. Studies on crime in German-language literature (1570-1920). Berlin and Boston 2015
- Literary studies and science studies. German symposia. Report volumes, XXI . Stuttgart and Weimar 2000
- together with Ralf Klausnitzer and Wilhelm Schernus: Wilhelm Emrich. On the life story of a humanities scholar before, during and after the Nazi era . 2 vols. Stuttgart 2018.
- Academic resume
- Website of Jörg Schönert at the Univ. Hamburg
- Entry on Jörg Schönert in the directory of Germanists
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Schönert , under: Directory of Professors of the University of Hamburg.
- Jörg Schönert: Novel and satire in the 18th century. A contribution to poetics . Stuttgart 1969.
- Jörg Schönert: Satirical Enlightenment. Constellations and crises of satirical narration in German literature of the second half of the 18th century. Retrieved April 2, 2019 .
- Jörg Schönert: Theory of (literary) satire. A functional model for describing text structure and communicative effect. [1980, together with Emmy Rottenmoser]. 2011, accessed April 2, 2019 .
- Office for the History of Knowledge and Literature (AGWL)
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German literary scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Jena|