Jörn Ipsen - Jörn Ipsen
Jörn Ipsen (* 17th June 1944 in consecration , district of Harburg ) is a German heads of state and administrative law . Until his retirement in 2012  he was a full professor at the University of Osnabrück (since 1981) and, since its founding in 1989, director of the Institute for Local Law. From 2007 to 2013 he was President of the Lower Saxony State Court , of which he had been a member since 2006. He has been a member of the University Council of the Hannover Medical School since 2011 and its chairman since 2017.
Live and act
After the first state examination in 1970, he worked on a sponsored by the Academic Foundation dissertation , entitled "Judge Law and Government" with which he in 1974 at the Law Faculty of the University of Goettingen to the Dr. iur. received his doctorate. After his legal clerkship , he became a research assistant at the University of Göttingen. From 1978 to 1980 he received a habilitation grant from the German Research Foundation . In 1980 he was awarded the habilitation thesis "Legal consequences of the unconstitutionality of norms and individual acts" Habilitation for the subjects “Public Law and Legal Methodology”.
After substituting professorships in Tübingen and Göttingen, Ipsen accepted a professorship for public law at the University of Osnabrück in 1981 ; In 2012 he retired there, his successor to the chair is Bernd J. Hartmann . From 1990 to 1992 he was a member of the establishment committee of the Law Faculty of the University of Greifswald , from 1991 to 1992 a member of the evaluation committee of the University of Jena .
Ipsen was Dean of the Faculty of Law at the University of Osnabrück from 1989 and 1990, and from 2003 to 2005.
In 2000 and 2001 Ipsen was the deputy chairman of the Association of German Constitutional Law Teachers . On October 1, 2002, he was appointed deputy member of the Lower Saxony State Court, of which he has been a member since May 2006. On December 7, 2006, the Lower Saxony state parliament unanimously elected him president of the court. He took over this position from Manfred-Carl Schinkel on February 1, 2007 and held it until May 4, 2013. Herwig van Nieuwland was his successor .
Ipsen has been a member of the University Council of the Hannover Medical School since October 1, 2011.  On March 15, 2017, he was elected its chairman. From 2012 to 2017, Ipsen held a Lower Saxony professorship, which was funded by the VW Foundation with the aim of enabling outstanding researchers who have reached retirement age to continue working at Lower Saxony universities. 
In his research, Ipsen is primarily concerned with constitutional and administrative law and constitutional history. Ipsen lives in Bramsche in the Osnabrück district and is married to Dorothea Ipsen. The couple has two children (Nils Christian Ipsen [born 1980] and Birga Ipsen [born 1982]). He is the brother of the international lawyer Knut Ipsen .
- Constitutional Law I - State Organization Law, 29th edition 2017
- Constitutional Law II - Fundamental Rights, 20th edition, 2017
- The middle state. Constitutional history of the Federal Republic of Germany, 2009
- Power versus law. The Hanoverian Constitutional Conflict 1837-1840, 2017
- Commentary on the Political Parties Act, 2nd edition 2018
- Commentary on the Lower Saxony Constitution, 2011
- General administrative law, 10th edition 2017
- Commentary on the Lower Saxony Municipal Constitutional Act, 2011
- Lower Saxony municipal law, 4th edition 2011
- Police and regulatory law of Lower Saxony, 4th edition 2010
- Literature by and about Jörn Ipsen in the catalog of the German National Library
- Jörn Ipsen's website
- Klaus Wallbaum: Jörn Ipsen stops at the University of Osnabrück. In: Hannoversche Allgemeine . July 6, 2012, accessed October 5, 2012 .
- Hannover Medical School: University Council
- Nine scientists are being funded with a total of 1.5 million euros. Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture , August 22, 2012, accessed on October 5, 2012 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17. June 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Weihe|