Jörn von Lucke , (born June 24, 1971 in Bielefeld ) is a German scientist. He is director of The Open Government Institute at Zeppelin University in Friedrichshafen , where he is professor of administrative and business informatics .
Von Lucke studied business informatics at the University of Mannheim . This was followed by a doctorate in administrative science on increasing efficiency and reducing costs through Internet technologies using the example of statutory pension insurance providers and the habilitation on high-performance portals for public administration at the German University of Administrative Sciences (DHV) Speyer . For more than five years he was a research and section assistant at the Research Institute for Public Administration (FÖV) at the DHV Speyer. This was followed by two years in the Federal Office of Administration and in the Federal Office for Information Technology there in Cologne. 2007he moved to the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems (FOKUS) in Berlin. Since then, with the support of the Fraunhofer Society , he has set up a research group on high-performance portals for the public sector. In 2009 he took over the chair for administrative and business informatics at the Zeppelin University in Friedrichshafen . As founding director of the Deutsche Telekom Institute for Connected Cities (TICC) , he was involved in the T-City Friedrichshafen project . Since 2014 he has been head of The Open Government Institute at Zeppelin University.
Main areas of activity
Jörn von Lucke's research focus within administrative informatics is on the topics of e-government and high-performance portals, with a focus on the current Web 2.0 topics of open government , open government data , open budgeting , open government collaboration and smart government .
Innovations in administrative informatics
Along with Heinrich Reinermann, von Lucke is one of the fathers of the Speyer definition of e-government . He recognized the potential of information and communication technologies for modernizing the public sector at an early stage and completed his habilitation on the subject of “High-performance portals for public administration”.
- "Increasing efficiency and reducing costs through Internet technologies using the example of statutory pension insurance carriers", series Verwaltungsinformatik, Volume 21, R. v. Decker's Verlag, 1999, ISBN 3768515990 .
- together with Heinrich Reinermann (Ed.): Electronic Government in Germany, Aims - Status - Barriers - Examples - Implementation, Research Report , Volume 226, Research Institute for Public Administration, Speyer 2002. ISBN 3932112644 . (including: Speyerer definition of electronic government ( Memento from May 23, 2012 in the Internet Archive ))
- "Governance and Administration in the Information Age ", Duncker & Humblot, 2003, ISBN 3428110110 .
- “High-performance portals for public administration”, EUL-Verlag, 2008, ISBN 9783899366457 .
- “Discovery, exploration and development. Sketches of future research activities for administrative ”, inaugural lecture in the summer semester 2007, Speyer lectures, issue 90, German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer, Speyer 2007,
- together with Klaus-Peter Eckert and Christian Breitenstrom: "IT implementation of the EU service directive - design options, framework architecture and technical solution proposal", white paper, version 2.0 for the DOL-DLR project report on the blueprint, IRB Verlag, Stuttgart 2008, ISBN 3816777651 .
- "Discovery, Exploration and Development 2.0: Open Government, Open Government Data and Open Budget 2.0", series of publications by the Deutsche Telekom Institute for Connected Cities | TICC of the Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen, Volume 1, epubli GmbH, Berlin 2012, ISBN 9783844217995 , Online full text
- "Open government and administrative action and its prospects in the 2013 election year", series of publications by the Deutsche Telekom Institute for Connected Cities | TICC of the Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen, Volume 6, epubli GmbH, Berlin 2014, ISBN 9783844286847 , . Online and full text
- Editor: "Good E-Government Research", Scientific Symposium of the Scientific Society Digital Government Germany (WiDiGo) eV, Alcatel-Lucent Foundation for Communication Research and Zeppelin University, Series of publications by the Deutsche Telekom Institute for Connected Cities | TICC of the Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen TICC, Volume 7, epubli GmbH, Berlin 2014, ISBN 9783737507110 , . Online and full text
- Institute website of The Open Government Institute TOGI at Zeppelin University
- Literature by and about Jörn von Lucke in the catalog of the German National Library
|NAME||Lucke, Jörn von|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||24. June 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bielefeld|