Jewish cemetery (Görlitz) - Jüdischer Friedhof (Görlitz)
A Jewish community was founded in Görlitz in 1847. In 1849 she laid out the Jewish cemetery, where the first burial took place in 1852. In 1860 the cemetery was expanded to 4683 m². After 1945, burials were still carried out in the cemetery.
The cemetery hall from the 19th century has been preserved. It was restored around 1990. In 2010 the restoration of the enclosure was financed from the funds of the old town million.
On September 1, 2015, seven iron steles were inaugurated in the back of the cemetery with the names and dates of 148 dead people from the Görlitz subcamp. There is also a plaque at the entrance to the cemetery:
- Caritasverband der Diözese Görlitz eV (Hrsg.): Der Jüdische Friedhof Görlitz. Regia Verlag, Cottbus 2005, ISBN 3-937899-47-2 .
- Information (+ photos) about the cemetery
- Görlitz (district town, Saxony). Jewish cemetery on alemannia-judaica.de