Jewish Institute for Adult Education - Jüdisches Institut für Erwachsenenbildung
|Jewish Institute for Adult Education|
Praterstern 1 |
Founded in 1989 on the initiative of Kurt Rosenkranz , initially as an association with a cooperation agreement with the Association of Viennese Adult Education , the institute later became part of the Vienna Adult Education Centers. The aim of Rosenkranz was an educational institution for Jews and non-Jews in order to reduce misunderstanding, rejection and prejudice. 
The educational institution is located in a residential complex built after 1945, Praterstern 1.
From the beginning religion, history, Jewish culture and languages, later literature, music, dance, philosophy, psychotherapy, contemporary history and political education. Accompanied by projects, symposia and exhibitions. 
- In 1991, on the initiative of the Jewish Institute, the annual Jewish Film Week , today's Jewish Film Festival Vienna, came into being .
- Since 1995 the institute has organized the Yiddish Theater Week every year (since 2007 Yiddish Cultural Autumn). In memory of the Nestroyhof in the nearby Praterstrasse, which was used in Yiddish until 1938, is linked .  The Yiddish Cultural Autumn takes place every year from mid-October to mid-November and during this time includes several theater and music performances in which "Yiddish" is in the foreground. The performances take place in the Vienna Odeon Theater , the Wiener Metropol and the Jewish Museum Vienna .
- Christian H. Stifter, Brigitte Ungar-Klein (Ed.): Education against prejudice. Festschrift on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Jewish Institute for Adult Education . Verlag Österreichisches Volkshochschularchiv , Vienna 2000, ISBN 3-902167-01-7 ( materials on the history of adult education centers 4).
- adulteducation.at Jewish Institute for Adult Education
- brain food. Magazine for lifelong learning. Journal of the Vienna Adult Education Centers 3/2008: Jewish Culture Days November 24-30, 2008, pages 46f.
- Posse with swastikas . In: Falter 11/2007 of March 14, 2007 ( Memento of January 3, 2009 in the Internet Archive )