Museum location in Fürth
|place||Fürth , Schnaittach , Schwabach|
Daniela F. Eisenstein
The Jewish Museum Franconia consists of three locations in Fürth , Schnaittach and Schwabach . All museum facilities are historical monuments and are dedicated to the history and culture of the Jews in Franconia .
The museum is supported by an association founded in 1990. It includes the Middle Franconia Foundation of the Middle Franconia District , the City of Fürth, the District of Nürnberger Land , the Markt Schnaittach and the City of Schwabach. 
The main location of the Jewish Museum Franconia is in Fürth, Königstraße 89  The reopening of the museum took place in conjunction with the inauguration of the 900-square-meter extension building on May 13, 2018th . The Jewish Museum Franconia in Fürth shows the importance of Franconia as the center of Jewish life in southern Germany. It was temporarily closed on September 30, 2017 for construction work.
The Franconian-Jewish culture was particularly diverse, with its own everyday customs, religious rituals and famous scholars . From the Middle Ages to the present day, Judaica and everyday objects in the Fürth Museum tell the Jewish history of Franconia . The old building of the museum belonged to Jewish families from the 17th to the late 19th century. Traces of everyday Jewish life are reflected in a historical leaf hut and a mikvah . In addition, the house offers a seminar room, a bookshop and a café.
The Jewish Museum Franconia in Schnaittach ritual bath . In its permanent exhibition, the museum presents evidence of Jewish rural culture in southern Germany.was set up in the synagogue built in 1570 with an attached rabbi house and
The Jewish Museum Franconia in Schwabachopened at the beginning of June 2015. The museum is located in a former Jewish residential building at Synagogengasse 10. A historical leaf hut with wall paintings from the late Baroque period was discovered in it.
The exhibition uses audio stations and animated films to convey the Jewish tabernacle festival, the history of the house and the Jewish history of Schwabach. In addition to the museum, Synagogengasse - the former Jewish center of Schwabach - can be explored on your own using the free app . Historic buildings such as the synagogue, rabbi's house, teaching house and houses of Jewish court factors and families have been preserved to this day.
|2003–||Daniela F. Eisenstein|
- Bernhard Häck: 20 years of the Jewish Museum Fürth and its cellar mikwe . In: Bavarian State Office for Monument Preservation (ed.): Monument Preservation Information 172 (2019), pp. 52–55.
- Official website of the Jewish Museum Franconia
- Jewish Museum Franconia in Fürth . In: Internet portal of the city of Fürth
- Jewish Museum Franconia in Schnaittach . In: Website of the market Schnaittach
- Jewish Museum Franconia in Schwabach . In: Website of the city of Schwabach
- Imprint. juedisches-museum.org; Members of the sponsoring association
- Jüdisches Museum Franken closes until May 2018. In: Nordbayern.de. September 29, 2017. Retrieved May 15, 2018 .
- Dirk Kruse: Jewish Museum in Fürth reopened. In: BR.de. May 13, 2018, archived from the original on August 4, 2018 ; accessed on May 15, 2018 .