Jürg Kesselring - Jürg Kesselring
Jürg Kesselring (born October 18, 1951 in St. Gallen ) is a Swiss neurologist . From 1988 to 2017 he was chief physician for neurology and rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Center Valens and since 1996 titular professor for clinical neurology and neurorehabilitation at the University of Bern . In addition, he was President of the Swiss Multiple Sclerosis Society from 2005 to 2011 . Since January 2011 he has been a member of the International Committee of the Red Cross .
Jürg Kesselring was born in St. Gallen in 1951, where he also attended school and graduated from high school in 1970 .  He then studied 1970-1977 medicine at the University of Bern, where he in 1981 received his doctorate . He completed his training as a specialist in neurology between 1977 and 1984 in various hospitals in St. Gallen, Bern and London , and in 2002 he also obtained a specialist degree in physical medicine and rehabilitation .
From 1988 to 2017, Jürg Kesselring was chief physician for neurology and rehabilitation at the rehabilitation center in Valens . In addition, since 1996 he has been teaching as adjunct professor for clinical neurology and neurorehabilitation at the University of Bern, where he previously worked as a private lecturer from 1990 , and since 1998 in the neurosciences department at the University of Zurich and at the ETH Zurich . He is a university councilor at the Mozarteum University . 
Jürg Kesselring was President of the Swiss Multiple Sclerosis Society from 2005 to 2011 .  In addition, he was president of the St. Gallen Cultural Foundation.  In December 2010 he was elected a member of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) co-opted , for which he worked as a doctor 1978-1982 under several missions.  Kesselring is active on the board of the Swiss Brain League . 
For 2015 he was awarded the Dr. Awarded the Margrit Egnér Foundation .
Kesselring is married and has three children. 
- Multiple sclerosis. (first edition 1989, fourth edition 2005, Kohlhammer Stuttgart, ISBN 3-17-015954-2 .)
- Medical rehabilitation and aftercare for multiple sclerosis. Stuttgart, Jena and New York 1995 (as co-author)
- Soft sounds. Poetry book. Basel, 2010.
- Biographical information according to: Mozarteum University: Jürg Kesselring, Dr. Prof. Retrieved December 16, 2019.
- Jürg Kesselring is the new President of the Cultural Foundation ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (accessed December 25, 2010)
- ICRC elects new member. 17-12-2010 News Release 10/231 (abgerufen am 25. Dezember 2010)
- Swiss Hirnliga :: Board. Retrieved September 28, 2020 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Swiss neurologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 18, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||St. Gallen|