Jürg Plüss initially trained as a rail operator at the Rhaetian Railway and then had various jobs.  He then turned to acting and completed his acting training from 1999 to 2001 at the European Film Actor School (EFAS) in Zurich. In 2002 he attended Dominik Graf's diploma seminar .
He works as an actor on independent stages in Germany and Switzerland. After his training, he had numerous theater engagements at state theaters and in independent theater productions in Germany and Switzerland.  He performed at the “Theater Shedhalle” in the Rote Fabrik Zurich (2002), at the Theaterspektakel Schaffhausen (2003), at the Schauspielhaus Zurich (2003), in the Graf-Zeppelin-Haus in Friedrichshafen (2003; as a milkman in the children's opera « Brundibar »), at the comedy Winterhuder Fährhaus (2004/05 season), at the Vagantenbühne Berlin (2004/05 season), in the Ramones musical « Gabba Gabba Hey!»In the Columbiaclub Berlin (2005), in the Sophiensælen Berlin (2006/2007), in the Hebbel am Ufer (2007/2008), in the KiFF cultural center in Aarau (2010/11), in the Schlachthaustheater Bern (2012–2015), in the small theater Lucerne (seasons 2014/15 and 2016), in the Kaserne Basel (2016) and in the Kulturhaus Uster (2017).
Jürg Plüss has been a permanent member of the Splätterlitheater Luzern since 2010. In 2017 he appeared in the Südpol-Halle in Lucerne with the Splätterlitheater Luzern in a modern puppet theater version of the Shakespeare classic " Titus Andronicus ". 
Plüss also works for the cinema, film and television. He had supporting roles in the movies “ Der Baader Meinhof Complex ” (2008, as a BKA employee) and “ Der letzte Weynfeldt ” (2010, as a barman) as well as in Bernd Fischerauer's docudrama “The Counterrevolution” (2011, as Admiral Wilhelm Canaris ).
In the Swiss television series “ Die Schweizer ” (2013) he played a supporting role as Landammann von Unterwalden . In the crime scene “ Kleine Prinzen ” (first broadcast: March 2016) he had a supporting role as suspected art teacher Matthias Fischer.  In the fourth season of the Swiss television series " The Undertaker " (broadcasting from January 2016), he had a continuous series supporting role; He played Patrick Gruber, the owner of a shop for vintage furniture in Aarau , who blames the hermit black smock for the death of his wife. In November 2017, he was seen in a leading role in the ZDF television series “ Notruf Hafenkante ”; he played Oskar Politz, the suspect partner in a Hamburg freight forwarding company. In the ZDF crime series “ Marie Brand ” he played the single parent, “financially troubled” Falk Ziegler in the film “ Marie Brand and the Scent of Death ” (first broadcast: March 2018), who lets himself be persuaded to take part in a bank robbery.  In the 18th season of the ZDF series " SOKO Leipzig " (2019), Plüss took on one of the episode roles as an aggressive Hartz IV recipient and the son of a deceased pensioner.
In addition to his work as an actor, he is also the drummer for “Larry Bang Bang y los Güeros”.  Plüss is a member of the “Swiss Film and Video Syndicate”.  He lives with his family in Zurich and Berlin.
- 2003: Fotostar (short film; diploma film from the Zurich University of Design)
- 2003: Deuteronomy - Judgment Day (independent film)
- 2003: Lüthi and Blanc (TV series)
- 2007: RIS - The Language of the Dead : Queen of the Night (TV series, episode)
- 2008: The Baader Meinhof Complex (movie)
- 2008: Day and Night (TV series)
- 2010: In the shadow of the horse moon (TV movie)
- 2010: The Last Weynfeldt (movie)
- 2011: The Counterrevolution (TV movie)
- 2012: Doll, Icke & the fat one  (movie)
- 2013: Cardboard Comrades (short film)
- 2013: The Swiss : Werner Stauffacher - The Battle of Morgarten (TV series)
- 2013: The Red Shoes (short film)
- 2014: Father Hunt (TV movie)
- 2016: The Undertaker (TV series, series role)
- 2016: Tatort: Little Princes (TV series)
- 2017: Ella's Baby (TV movie)
- 2017: Notruf Hafenkante : Self-defense (TV series, an episode)
- 2018: Marie Brand and the Scent of Death (TV series)
- 2018: Mario (movie)
- 2019: Hand in Hand (short film)
- 2019: SOKO Leipzig : Deep in the Heart (TV series, one episode)
- 2019: Side drives : 2nd season (TV series SRF, 8 episodes)
- Jürg Plüss in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Jürg Plüss bei Crew United
- Jürg Plüss - Profile at Filmmakers
- Jürg Plüss - Profile at Actor.ch
- Jürg Plüss - Vita; Agency
- Jürg Plüss at schauspielervideos.de. Retrieved November 6, 2017
- Jürg Plüss . Vita and role directory at CAST FORWARD. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- SRF Swiss film “Vaterjagd”, media folder (SRF.ch, accessed April 20, 2018)
- «The Undertaker» . 4th season. Press kit. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- Lucerne Splätterlitheater goes Shakespeare: An ode to blood and other body fluids. Zentralplus.ch of March 8, 2017. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- Image: Tatort, episode 979: Little Princes . Photo with Jürg Plüss. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- Marie Brand and the Scent of Death ( Memento of the original from March 18, 2018 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . Plot and cast. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- Jürg Plüss - ssfv syndicate suisse film et video . Vita. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- "Doll, Icke & the fat one" ( Memento of the original from November 7, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . Plot and cast. ZDF website. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Swiss actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Untervaz or Zurich|