Jürgen Aretz - Jürgen Aretz
After graduating from high school in 1965, he studied history , German , philosophy , education and political science at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn . During his studies he was involved in university politics from 1967 to 1971 and was the first speaker of the student parliament at the University of Bonn from 1968 to 1969. Aretz was born with the work Catholic workers' movement and National Socialism: the Association of Catholic Workers u. Knappenvereine of West Germany 1923–1945 as Dr. phil. PhD . 
In 1971 he became assistant to the rector of the University of Bonn. From 1977 he worked as a research assistant at the Catholic Social Science Center in Mönchengladbach (KSZ). In 1978 he became responsible for human rights issues and development aid for Latin America and southern Africa at the German Bishops' Conference in Bonn . In 1988 he became head of the fundamental questions department in the Federal Ministry for German domestic relations ; In 1990 he took part in the negotiations for the Unification Treaty. In 1991 he moved to the management area of the Federal Ministry of Defense. In 1992 he became head of the new Länder working group in the Federal Chancellery .
After the federal election in 1998 , the Kohl era ended. Aretz moved to Thuringia , where Bernhard Vogel (CDU) had ruled since 1990 . From 1999 to 2004 he was State Secretary in the Thuringian Ministry of Science, Research and Art (TMWTA). He negotiated as commissioner of the state government on restitution claims , in particular the family of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha , Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach and Saxe-Meiningen . In 2002 Aretz was chairman of the office chiefs conferenceConference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK) . In 2004 (in the meantime Dieter Althaus had succeeded Vogel, who had retired for reasons of age), Aretz became State Secretary in the Thuringian Ministry of Economics, Technology and Labor ( State Secretary for Economic Affairs ).
He represents the House of Hohenzollern in their claims for the return of goods and works of art against the Federal Republic of Germany as their negotiator.  On the part of the federal government , Günter Winands (CDU), head of the state minister for culture Monika Grütters (CDU), is negotiating . 
Aretz has published around 200 scientific publications. Together with Rudolf Morsey and Anton Rauscher, he is the editor of the biographical series Zeitgeschichte in Lebensbildern . He is a member of the Scientific Catholic Student Association WKSt.V. Unitas-Salia Bonn in the UV . Since 2006 he has been an honorary member of the Catholic student association KDSt.V. Saarland (Saarbrücken) Jena in the CV .
- with Rudolf Morsey , Anton Rauscher (ed.): Contemporary history in life pictures. From the German Catholicism of the 19th and 20th centuries. Grünewald, Mainz, later Aschendorff, Münster. Volume 3 (1979) to Volume 12 (2007).
- with Wolfgang Stock : The forgotten victims of the GDR. 13 shocking reports with original Stasi files. Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 1997, ISBN 3-404-60444-X ; New edition: Palmedia, Berlin 2009, ISBN 978-3-00-029219-4 .
- with Günter letter , Jörg-Dieter Gauger : history pictures . Setting the course for German history after 1945. Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 2003, ISBN 3-451-20329-4 .
- with Christine Lieberknecht : From Gorbatschow to Biermann. The Point Alpha Prize for the unity of Germany and Europe , Klartext Verlag, Essen 2018, ISBN 978-3-8375-1984-6 .
- Literature by and about Jürgen Aretz in the catalog of the German National Library
- “Thuringia should be a brand in Brussels in three years”. ( Memento from September 28, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) In: Südthüringer Zeitung . July 18, 2007.
- Controversy over works of art and castles, Tagesspiegel. Retrieved July 24, 2019 .
- The Hohenzollern vs. Federal government (with links to the reports of the historians Christopher Clark , Peter Brandt , Wolfram Pyta and Stephan Malinowski etc.)
- University Council. Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, accessed on February 16, 2015 .
- ku.de: New external members for the University Council of the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt , press release from December 21, 2011
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German historian and political official|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 10, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rheydt|