Jürgen Borchert (publicist) - Jürgen Borchert (Publizist)
Borchert attended school in Perleberg and completed an apprenticeship there as a photographer. He then started studying librarianship in Leipzig and was director of the Perleberg district library. In 1979 he became head of the cabinet for Mecklenburg literary traditions at the General Scientific Library in Schwerin . But as early as 1980 he was working as a freelance writer and, under the influence of his friend Heinz Knobloch, developed into a brilliant columnist. At the end of the GDR , Borchert was one of the best-known and most widely read authors on topics of Mecklenburg history and culture. After sustained sharp attacks against him because of connections to the MfS Borchert committed suicide in 2000.
The reasons included "life problems on the authors' free market", said the Schwerin local press, which saw Borchert's last years of life overshadowing "financial worries".  And "he made the way into the free market economy as an author who had to earn money in order to have the bare essentials for himself and his family, the longer the harder", can be read elsewhere. 
- Johannes Gillhoff Prize of the Mecklenburg Cultural District, 1992
- Fritz Reuter Art Prize of the City of Schwerin, 1980 and 1987
- My Mecklenburg Zettelkasten , 1985 (2nd edition: 1989)
- The other part of the card box , 1988
- Something else from the slip box , 1991
- New Mecklenburg card box , 2000
- Walks in Schwerin , 2000
- What I know about Wismar. Notes and Pictures , 2000
- Walks on Rügen , 1999
- Reuter in Eisenach , Roman, Hinstorff Verlag Rostock 1982
- My aunt's papers , Halle 1984. As an e-book: Edition digital, Godern 2012, ISBN 978-3-86394-692-0
- Vadder is cooking. Or how to devastate a kitchen. Schwerin 1994, ISBN 3-910150-23-3
- Life in Concrete. Everyday stories . Rostock 2001, ISBN 978-3-356-00887-6
Borchert's estate is kept in the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania State Library; among other things the correspondence between Borchert and Heinz Knobloch from 1971. The correspondence with Hans-Joachim Griephan is in the Fritz Reuter literature archive .
- Klaus Behling : "" ... finished with the Stasi club "." In: Klaus Behling, Suddenly and unexpectedly ... Suicide after Wende and Unity , 2015, pp. 110–115. ISBN 978-3-95841-004-6 .
- Literature by and about Jürgen Borchert in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature about Jürgen Borchert in the state bibliography MV
- Works by Jürgen Borchert in the state bibliography MV
- Jürgen Borchert in the Low German Bibliography and Biography (PBuB)
- Peter Schütt : "Immoral handling of stupid files". The suicide of the unmasked Stasi employee Jürgen Borchert divided the writers of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. In: Welt-Online, April 19, 2000 ( digitized version )
- Schweriner Volkszeitung , Schwerin, March 21, 2000, and Mecklenburg-Magazin, Schwerin, May 26, 2006
- Günter Pilgrim: Die Muscheltür, Schwerin, 2002
- "Poets and Reporters", Focus, Munich, No. 45, November 2, 1998, page 114. Christiane Baumann: "The Literature Center Neubrandenburg 1971-2005", series of the Robert Havemann Archive, Vol. 11, Berlin: 2006 .