Jürgen Czernohorszky (born March 25, 1977 in Eisenstadt as Jürgen Wutzlhofer , as he was called until 2014) is an Austrian politician ( SPÖ ). From December 2015 to January 2017 he was the acting President of the City School Council for Vienna . From January 26, 2017 to November 23, 2020, he was the leading Vienna City Councilor for Education, Integration, Youth and Human Resources.  
Since November 24, 2020, he has been the city councilor for climate protection, the environment and democracy. 
From 2001 to 2015 he was a member of the Vienna State Parliament and a member of the Vienna City Council , media policy spokesman for the SPÖ in the Vienna City Council and Deputy Chairman of the City Council Committee for the Environment. Previously, Czernohorszky was youth spokesman for the SPÖ Vienna.
Jürgen Czernohorszky attended BRG Hartberg between 1986 and 1995 and began studying political science at the University of Vienna after graduating from high school . In 2001, Czernohorszky switched to studying sociology , which he completed in 2008 with the academic degree Mag .
Politically, Czernohorszky tried between 1995 and 2000 in various functions of the student representative. He was secretary of the VSStÖ Vienna, federal chairman of the VSStÖ, mandate of the University Representation of the University of Vienna as well as a mandate of the Federal Representation of the Austrian Students' Union . Between 2000 and 2001 Czernohorszky worked as a parliamentary employee of the SPÖ, between 2000 and 2002 he was section chairman of the open section Penzing 1-2-3. In 2001 Czernohorszky moved as a member of the Vienna State Parliament and City Council, where he took over the office of youth spokesman. In December 2015, Czernohorszky was officially appointed as the new Vienna City School Council President .
On January 26, 2017, Czernohorszky succeeded Sandra Frauenberger in the state government and city senate of Häupl VI as a councilor for education. Trade unionist Heinrich Himmer has succeeded him as city school council president.  
Jürgen Czernohorszky is married and has two daughters. Upon marriage, he took his wife's surname.
- Jürgen Czernohorszky on the pages of the SPÖ
- Jürgen Czernohorszky on the website of the City of Vienna
- Jürgen Czernohorszky on www.meineabektiven.at
- orf.at - Wehsely officially adopted . Article from January 26, 2017, accessed on January 27, 2017.
- New President of the Vienna City School Council appointed ( Memento from December 11, 2015 in the Internet Archive ), wien.gv.at, December 10, 2015, accessed December 10, 2015.
- Vienna City Senate - Committees. Retrieved November 27, 2020 .
- Czernohorszky starts as city school council president. In: wien.orf.at. December 9, 2015, accessed November 9, 2018 .
- orf.at: Häupl is setting a new course: Frauenberger follows Wehsely . Article from January 20, 2017, accessed on January 20, 2017.
- Jürgen Czernohorszky elected as the new chairman of the SPÖ Penzing. February 23, 2020, accessed February 25, 2020 .
|ALTERNATIVNAMEN||Wutzlhofer, Jürgen (maiden name)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Austrian politician (SPÖ), member of the state parliament, municipal council and executive city councilor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 25, 1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Eisenstadt|